Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:42:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay safe  (Read 2527 times)
osmo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:31:32 PM

usually hacking an account starts from an email, if there is an email not known and you don't know the sender just ignored it, and for those who keep it in the wallet, save the private key in a safe place, it is safer to use an offline wallet but if you want to save it in long term

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:01:24 PM

10 Simple rules to stay safe:

1. Use a very strong password- not one that can be worked out by a hacker, such as partners name etc, a good way to create a strong password is to chose a favorite book, pick a page (the page number will be part of the password) chose a line on that page (again this will be part of the password), use the first and last words on the line and then second (first last second) and use these, add a special character- so for example:
29Johnaway!spirited32 will be a very strong password and as you have the book you could mark the page to help you remember it.

2. Always use a good email provider such as Tutanota or Proton Mail AND use a different password for your email and exchange site.
3. DO NOT open any email or attachments that are from unknown or unsolicited sources.
4. Keep your anti virus and anti malware up to date.
5. Keep your OS up to date and especially fully patched with any security updates.
6. Do not use the same password for all sites-use seperate ones for every login.
7. Encrypt your hard drive.
8. Use a hard wallet such as Tezor etc.
9. DO NOT leave large amounts on exchanges-put in, do trade then remove to hard wallet.
10. Use two factor authentication wherever possible.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:59:16 AM

I have just read a good article on security and I feel like it's worth sharing as the hacks keep happening over and over again. Read the basic principles and stay safe guys!

https://www.ccn.com/the-common-tactics-used-to-hack-a-cryptocurrency-exchange/

Phishing is a classic strategy, but it is effective against newcomers. So, it is important to learn how to protect ourself from phishing website.
In cryptocurrency, you should using a cold storage to avoid submitting any important information of your wallet.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
chemba

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:07:37 AM

The first crypto currency in the last day has risen by almost $ 300, over the past two weeks - more than $ 1000. Experts from several well-known companies are confident that in the near future the coin will continue to strengthen its market position
polyballz

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:15:47 AM

I have just read a good article on security and I feel like it's worth sharing as the hacks keep happening over and over again. Read the basic principles and stay safe guys!

2FA Authenticator is one of the best security to use in your account so that someone cannot open your account easily. Hackers have a lot of tactics just to make your wallet and identity, but we can avoid them if we can do it right about how to maintain the security of our wallet and account.
superman99

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:01:39 PM

When we take advantage of the decentralized behavior of electronic money, we must recognize and understand that there is freedom with responsibility and therefore we should pay utmost attention to this aspect. Crypto is all about self-responsibility and therefore one assumes responsibility for the consequences of its decisions.
superman99

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:11:18 PM

Thank you for the information, it is very useful, hope with this all not too worried anymore because of security, people will be happy because do not worry about losing or other action.
JohnHendry

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:34:37 PM

Scammers and hackers are become very much active in the bitcoin and we should take as much security as we can because if they hack once they will snatch everything.
BestBoardroom36

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:26:19 AM

Safety is the most important thing because there is a big possibility that we if become little careless we may going to lose our everything.
maskeffec

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:37:00 AM

all we can do is set up an two factor authenticator  and other security purpose things dont bother for a little hard to log in that is for your own safety.
I think this tip is very useful for securing your wallet and account. 2FA Authenticator is one of the best security to use in your account so that someone cannot open your account easily. Hackers have a lot of tactics just to make your wallet and identity, but we can avoid them if we can do it right about how to maintain the security of our wallet and account.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:40:10 AM

all we can do is set up an two factor authenticator  and other security purpose things dont bother for a little hard to log in that is for your own safety.
two authenticator is another good security integration which being added as another layer of security and it is very useful in my own opinion cause no one can access your account with out having your own mobile phone wherevyou authenticator are being installed.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:21:33 AM

10 Simple rules to stay safe:

1. Use a very strong password- not one that can be worked out by a hacker, such as partners name etc, a good way to create a strong password is to chose a favorite book, pick a page (the page number will be part of the password) chose a line on that page (again this will be part of the password), use the first and last words on the line and then second (first last second) and use these, add a special character- so for example:
29Johnaway!spirited32 will be a very strong password and as you have the book you could mark the page to help you remember it.

2. Always use a good email provider such as Tutanota or Proton Mail AND use a different password for your email and exchange site.
3. DO NOT open any email or attachments that are from unknown or unsolicited sources.
4. Keep your anti virus and anti malware up to date.
5. Keep your OS up to date and especially fully patched with any security updates.
6. Do not use the same password for all sites-use seperate ones for every login.
7. Encrypt your hard drive.
8. Use a hard wallet such as Tezor etc.
9. DO NOT leave large amounts on exchanges-put in, do trade then remove to hard wallet.
10. Use two factor authentication wherever possible.

Great points. Among the points that you listed, I feel that 8, 9 and 10 are the primary ways of securing your cryptocurrency related funds in a secure and efficient manner. I have primarily been using these 3 points in order to secure my funds successfully even though hackers tried hacking me before. Do not ever lazily leave your funds lying around here and there on some random exchange wallet since this provides an opportunity for hackers which is something that needs to be avoided.

bocah cilik

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:26:19 AM

all we can do is set up an two factor authenticator  and other security purpose things dont bother for a little hard to log in that is for your own safety.
I have even heard of few people getting hacked with 2FA activated because they hadn't securely stored their 2FA backup key. Use of dropbox or google drive to store such information and other login info/private key is unsecure.

2FA doesn't make login hard, you will get a state of relax mind with it but making proper backup and storing it offline is as important as activating 2FA.

oh yes, it really just occurred to me after I read your comment, thank you.
Indeed, we must store important documents off line to avoid thieves from the internet window
Cindykhato

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:28:00 AM

Thanks for sharing, this is good help to educate ourselves for the safety of our investment and money online. Better safe than sorry and we need to keep our pc with the best protection of antivirus.
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 08:48:43 AM

i think its always good to have every exchange details written down in black and white. and also enable 2fa security, email security . this will enhance and help against hacking. and also do not give any access of your exchange account API to anyone or any bot. f you can do all this, it will keep you safe.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
supelle.born

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:30:32 PM

Hackers are a pest and will never give up easy gains. We can only try to protect ourselves and distrust everything that surrounds us
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:45:10 AM

Most people hacked because they are not aware on phising link. Beside that, they dont check security on search bar. Hackers always improve how to steal our crypto and we should always careful when visiting website
Arroware

Activity: 272

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:49:10 AM

of course we invest in crypto is also very safe and easy we get more profits in the future, because the price of bitcoin every day is also increasing. so we will also get more profits.
mamacitosi

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:08:41 AM

thanks for sharing. a cold wallet will always be the safest option. good stored private keys on paper and ledger nano and you are good to go.

To keep all your money or coins in wallet just dont share of your account and keep it or save it in the safe place in order not to be hack or scam. Dont let ur money stole by the un athorize people.
minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:53:23 AM

If you choose a good wallet, you are not threatened by hackers. And the technology itself is very safe. Therefore, it all depends on you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: