Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:01:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka  (Read 3181 times)
Leadership58

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:02:06 PM

It is really a very sad news but the reason behind this ban is still unknown and I think all the rumors about bitcoin is the main reason for this accident.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nabilo

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:50:56 PM

Are you sure that Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon banned bitcoin? I'm looking for an article that has this news but the results are poor.

This is one of their latest statement: April 16,2018.

Public Awareness on Virtual Currencies in Sri Lanka

They are giving warning to their people but there's no ban.

Bad news for us, and especially for the people around Sri Lanka, this is an opportunity for them to maximize the use of BTC, and unfortunately the government has warned the people who are using Bitcoin, it may be a warning sign but it is also a sign that the people should be staying away, before anything else happens, hopefully some things may improve, and may they not ban BTC.

Yes it is true bitcoin is now banned in Sri Lanka, I've seen a few freelancers who don't accept bitcoin i was curious about that.
But now i get it.
Suslura

Activity: 579
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:19:52 PM

It is really a very sad news but the reason behind this ban is still unknown and I think all the rumors about bitcoin is the main reason for this accident.
It is unknown why they are beginning to disseminate such information, since many leading countries are already starting to work with crypto currency. It is not for nothing that this issue was raised at the G-20 summit.

]
Okrah

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:31:51 PM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
Maybe because the bank is afraid of the crypto currency. And the possible reason for this is the bank might be afraid of it or they just do not have the full knowledge of it.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
Taronet-division

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:54:18 PM

I don't see it, maybe it's just a warning not a ban. the government certainly will not be responsible for what happened with crypto which they consider too risky
Cuneng10

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:04:42 PM

isn't it already long in that country bitcoin has been banned? because of this news the price of bitcoin used to be a bit slumped
yussuzc1

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:20:29 PM

They probably want to protect their citizens from scam ICOs. Or a crypto money exchange may have spread the personal data of many citizens.
On the way this was too heavy, could have come to an arrangement instead.
Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 11:22:28 PM

It is sad that some countries are not very welcoming of bitcoin, denying their citizens the opportunity to benefit from the global economy of bitcoin/Cryptocurrency
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:30:30 PM

Right. The Sri Lankan government has banned bitcoins. They think that bitcoin is illegal. Bitcoin can affect the national currency system of Sri Lanka. This is not good news for investors in electronic money here.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 11:44:57 PM

I know the Sri Lankan government has banned bitcoin. This is bad news for all investors. The bitcoin market here is difficult. The reason is that the Sri Lankan government does not trust bitcoin. They think bitcoin will adversely affect the economy.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:04:16 AM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

Government can create many reason and many excuses. But I am believe third country will following advance country in next several years and regulate bitcoin for transaction and for trading because government can earn taxes.
MTNAX

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:30:55 AM

I think the ban on using bitcoin in Sri Lanka is bad news, considering bitcoin is very useful and it is unfortunate if bitcoin is prohibited from being used in Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan government may be afraid that bitcoin will disrupt the economy in Sri Lanka's economy so that it prohibits it and considers bitcoin to be bad. Hopefully one day bitcoin will be accepted in Sri Lanka.
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 01:44:38 AM

Well it's not a good news for both that bitcoin is banned in Sri Lanka they must be sit on tabel and clear each other eligtion and government don't be afraid from it , hope for a best in future.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:49:19 AM

The legal status of Bitcoin is not defined in Sri Lanka. According to short commentaries of local bureaucrats, SL Central Bank seems to be supportive of digital currencies. However, CB officials consider crypto as something to look forward to only in the future, which might take 5 to 10 years. This position could be partially explained by a relatively low Internet penetration rate in Sri Lanka, which makes most of its citizens still unaware of Bitcoin. Anyhow, selling/ buying crypto-currencies and organizing ICOs are not against the law in SL.
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:42:23 PM

If some nation want to progress, they will have to accept crypto.
Agree with your comments. All countries that banned Bitcoin is countries poor and small. They want to develop, but they think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency will make their economies go down. But I hope in the future, these countries will have positive thoughts about Bitcoin

How unfortunate. They banned bitcoin because they lack the knowledge about its capbilities or because of the news and articles about users being scammed since there are still scammers in the community.
DavidBolster

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:28:20 PM

It is a very old news and it is not full in Sri Lanka and I still don't get any reliable source of this news but if it happens then it would must be a wrong decision of Sri Lankans government.,
CryptoCClendon

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:41:53 PM

They can continue banning, the truth remains that they can never ban the future, they can't ban blockchain they can't ban technology
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:59:08 PM

As Sri Lanka is becoming more aware of new developments in technology they have started to understand the concept and principles of this idea but I believe they are not used to the idea of BTC. Humans are scared of new things and they are upset that they are losing congtrol adn what they control the Sri Lankan Rupee they have messed up Cool
Janet Wright

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:44:21 PM

I think they accepted to change. They will lose benefits from BItcoin and spend that money in the different major in economy.
Patrick Carvalho

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:45:29 PM

That's a bad new! The BItcoin market will be  a little bit narrow by Sri Lanka. I hope this government will soon change the policy in order that Bitcoin will comeback. I believe that they know how to make profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: