Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:42:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] ⚡️⚡️ SKYNET 🚀 Infinity Chain Blockchain + First Blockchain Chip ⚡️⚡️  (Read 24740 times)
Lonelly_Mode

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:55:26 AM

I see that DPoS and PoS seems to be the consensus method of choice. As far as I know there's no PoS nor DPoS implementation to date that has proven to be as decentralized & secure as PoW. Ethereum's team itself struggles to implement PoS. EOS is a complete failure and is DPoS. What would make your DPoS implementation more decentralized & secure than others?
In my opinion it maybe that this is somewhat contrary to the SON concept, because of the SON itself not exactly sure if that PoW algorithms are ideally decentralized because of all control from the hashing power coming from Chinese companies at the moment but currently as you might know, DAG and PoW don’t work function well in the real world at the moment. There’s tradeoffs in each consensus but they believe a BFT DPoS consensus will function the best for IoT environments.
So do you know how it works? And is there any conviction that EOS is a failure because of the many traps on PoS?
I agree that there are many pitfalls of PoS like reliance on coin voting or bias towards voting towards centralization. I can’t say that EOS was a failure, but SON rationale behind using DPoS was for maximizing performance of the network, minimizing Skynet Core bandwith cost of running the SON network, and ensuring that shareholders of the network remain in control. May be.
Then what is the main difference between the underlying system?
What makes it different is how SON address the synchronization mechanism and how SON use “delegated”. I guess.
YaoShang

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:03:51 AM

For the name and logo of this project is very familiar. How does the team respond to it?
AndreiYoung

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:14:24 AM

For the name and logo of this project is very familiar. How does the team respond to it?
As in the discussion I've read on https://t.me/SkynetOpenNetwork that the team explains why to use the name and logo. You can check there.
GrahamHood

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:58:27 AM

How much does Skynet Core's core chip cost if I want to embed an RFID tag? RFID / NFC will certainly play a big role to the IoT world.
keinelaa

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:11:34 AM

Could the SkyNet solution exist without tokens / coins? Why is token / coin inseparable from solution? I get that blockchain technology has a goal here but I am challenged to see why the market for this token / coin will grow and why consumers will pay for it. Also, will commercial / industrial users buy and use the same token / coins offered to ICO participants or will Skynet license their blockchain technology to some people while finding issues for token / coin solutions for consumers / retail markets?
MachNotMark

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:15:49 AM

Any word on ICO whitelist procedure?
YaoShang

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:23:42 AM

Why are you having people on the team that is studing  medicine?
Lonelly_Mode

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:34:01 AM

Could the SkyNet solution exist without tokens / coins? Why is token / coin inseparable from solution? I get that blockchain technology has a goal here but I am challenged to see why the market for this token / coin will grow and why consumers will pay for it. Also, will commercial / industrial users buy and use the same token / coins offered to ICO participants or will Skynet license their blockchain technology to some people while finding issues for token / coin solutions for consumers / retail markets?
As far as I know Skynet will provide an end-to-end blockchain platform for IoT. They offer optimized SoC with built-in security, embedded wallet and the firmware at the device level. As such it makes sense for these IoT systems use native tokens to carry out the blockchain based smart contracts. Skynet smart contract contains the detail program contents of the transactions, which consists of exchanging of data and value based on specific conditions of the involved devices. IoT is a vast area and Skynet welcome partnerships at various levels as long as the system keeps the major benefits of the Skynet architectute. Hopefully my answer is correct..
cubonho2k

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:34:58 AM

They offer optimized SoC with built-in security, embedded wallet and the firmware at the device level. As such it makes sense for these IoT systems use native tokens to carry out the blockchain based smart contracts. Skynet smart contract contains the detail program contents of the transactions.
HarryJoett

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:47:42 AM

Why are you having people on the team that is studing  medicine?
I guess it's because of Skynet are bringing the latest blockchain technology into IoT space, of which healthcare is an important part of. Think of the private and sensitive patient information in the hospital or clinics, they can be secured and only accessed by those with proper permission using Skynet blockchain technology.
AndreiYoung

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:56:01 AM

Any word on ICO whitelist procedure?
Regarding the ICO whitelist procedure, still waiting for the latest news and it seems that they will soon provide updates with the announcement of a formal token distribution event.
Lonelly_Mode

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:01:34 AM

How much does Skynet Core's core chip cost if I want to embed an RFID tag? RFID / NFC will certainly play a big role to the IoT world.
It's very technical, but I'll try to answer from what I've read that Skynet can integrate an RFID that costs around 10 cents.
GrahamHood

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:07:17 AM

It's very technical, but I'll try to answer from what I've read that Skynet can integrate an RFID that costs around 10 cents.
Well. Waltonchain can integrate to <= 5 cents with its own signing chip, 2kb of user-writable memory and 1500 scanned products / second. Do you think that Skynet can stay competitive in IOT space if the price is x2 price per product being tracked? Have you read about it too?
Lonelly_Mode

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:26:53 AM

Well. Waltonchain can integrate to <= 5 cents with its own signing chip, 2kb of user-writable memory and 1500 scanned products / second. Do you think that Skynet can stay competitive in IOT space if the price is x2 price per product being tracked? Have you read about it too?
Yes I've. Because there are many factors that affect the chip's final cost. Until detailed assumptions such as market size, integration scheme, known volume, compare the cost of the chip is almost meaningless. Skynet team has been heavily involved in the development and deployment of commercial semiconductor products, they can guarantee they will beat the competition in terms of function and price.
YaoShang

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:07:14 AM

Does anyone know who the chip manufacturer is?
AndreiYoung

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:12:48 AM

It seems they will work with ASIC companies to develop ASICs using our SoC IP. This way they can enable a low cost, mass production of blockchain IoT devices. I thinks so.
YaoShang

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:14:21 AM

It seems they will work with ASIC companies to develop ASICs using our SoC IP. This way they can enable a low cost, mass production of blockchain IoT devices. I thinks so.
So Skynet will not manufacture chip by self? Will they have their own blockchain? If yes when it will be done? And how much were made already? As we know building blockchain is very hard work. What do you know about it?
AndreiYoung

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:28:26 AM

So Skynet will not manufacture chip by self? Will they have their own blockchain? If yes when it will be done? And how much were made already? As we know building blockchain is very hard work. What do you know about it?
From the information I'm looking for Skynet does not making System on Chips and ASICs by self. As you know there are way too many IoT devices and it just wouldn’t be scalable. As a result, they are making a license free Risc-V Blockchain core that can be implemented like the CPU into every IoT device or serve as a platform to make SoCs and other chips. By providing a license-free alternative to monopolies in this industry, many IoT companies are willing to work with Skynet to make their blockchain system on chips and actually deploy them into IoT devices around the world. That's what I know.
YaoShang

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:33:30 PM

From the information I'm looking for Skynet does not making System on Chips and ASICs by self. As you know there are way too many IoT devices and it just wouldn’t be scalable. As a result, they are making a license free Risc-V Blockchain core that can be implemented like the CPU into every IoT device or serve as a platform to make SoCs and other chips. By providing a license-free alternative to monopolies in this industry, many IoT companies are willing to work with Skynet to make their blockchain system on chips and actually deploy them into IoT devices around the world. That's what I know.
I think your explanation is too long and I find it difficult to understand the point. Can you give a few examples from the summary of the explanation?
HarryJoett

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:47:30 PM

I think your explanation is too long and I find it difficult to understand the point. Can you give a few examples from the summary of the explanation?
Well maybe I want to try adding a bit. As an example, the upfront fee of using an older ARM11 was 1-10 Million and they charge a 1-2% royalty of selling the chip. Skynet have already talked to major IoT vendors privately and they would much rather use Skynet license free alternative and embed Skynet cryptocurrencies because of the sheer volume of devices they provide and the consequent amount of royalty they give over to ARM. Are you still confused? If yes please find the answer yourself from someone who might make you understand.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: