Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:19:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NoirShares Trade on PoloniEX, Noir Investment Options Open  (Read 53369 times)
miningcrew

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:49:08 PM

Someone is dumping NRS on poloniex, yes I am aware that prices do change quickly.

But I do not think, that this is a good sign for the future development of NRS - my rough guess is, that it is now around 50 to 75% cheaper to buy NRS than to mine it (at least, if you have to pay for electricity and equipment), which is not good because the coin will loose miners (at least those who are good in maths...).
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:15:39 PM

Someone is dumping NRS on poloniex, yes I am aware that prices do change quickly.

But I do not think, that this is a good sign for the future development of NRS - my rough guess is, that it is now around 50 to 75% cheaper to buy NRS than to mine it (at least, if you have to pay for electricity and equipment), which is not good because the coin will loose miners (at least those who are good in maths...).

Hmmm, i'm confident it will re-bound in a few days, because if you look at the volume sold vs volume for sale, it means people bought either to hold or invest. That already means people are confident the share price will rise.
squall_sw

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:19:08 PM

cant connect!why?help me
Unable to connect
attempting to connect to NRS.BlockQuarry.com
1041656ms th_b       miner.cpp:106                 main                 ] 107.16
1.23.73:4444
1062656ms th_b       miner.cpp:112                 main                 ] unspec
ified
由于连接方在一段时间后没有正确答复或连接的主机没有反应,连接尝试失败。
    {"message":"由于连接方在一段时间后没有正确答复或连接的主机没有反应,连接尝试
失败。"}
    asio  asio.cpp:55 fc::asio::detail::error_handler
Unable to connect
attempting to connect to NRS.BlockQuarry.com
1067662ms th_b       miner.cpp:106                 main                 ] 107.16
1.23.73:4444
1088666ms th_b       miner.cpp:112                 main                 ] unspec
ified
pinwc4

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:48:15 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 07:22:21 PM by pinwc4

pinwc4,

Strange thing since yesterday. My miner rig "local" can't connect anymore, had no problems since launch of the pool. The problems occurred last night.

I can ping your pool IP, but I can't connect and I can't visit your site. If I use a proxy I can visit your site.

My hosted servers can connect and are happy mining. But locally not Cry

Is my IP getting blocked or something?

I guess the firewal of the pool server kicked in after last night. Hoping the pool owners can fix this, got 40 miners doing nothing :/

There is no firewall on the server doing that.  It looks like we ran into a connection limit on the server.  We made some changes and have seen about a 20% increase in connected miners already (including someone with over 500HPS Shocked ).  We have over 1000 computers mining against the pool now.  Not sure the real number since some of you are behind vpn's etc so it would be higher than that.  Of things to cause problems popularity is a better one.  

Go ahead and try again and see if it works.  Sorry for the troubles.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:19:36 PM

pinwc4,

Strange thing since yesterday. My miner rig "local" can't connect anymore, had no problems since launch of the pool. The problems occurred last night.

I can ping your pool IP, but I can't connect and I can't visit your site. If I use a proxy I can visit your site.

I guess the firewal of the pool server kicked in after last night. Hoping the pool owners can fix this, got 40 miners doing nothing :/

There is no firewall on the server doing that.  It looks like we ran into a connection limit on the server.  We made some changes and have seen about a 20% increase in connected miners already (including someone with over 500HPM Shocked ).  We have over 1000 computers mining against the pool now.  Not sure the real number since some of you are behind vpn's etc so it would be higher than that.  Of things to cause problems popularity is a better one. 

Go ahead and try again and see if it works.  Sorry for the troubles.

possible simple fix is to just copy the code to another server elsewhere and launch another pool. did you receive the bounty?
pinwc4

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:34:43 PM

pinwc4,

There is no firewall on the server doing that.  It looks like we ran into a connection limit on the server.  We made some changes and have seen about a 20% increase in connected miners already (including someone with over 500HPM Shocked ).  We have over 1000 computers mining against the pool now.  Not sure the real number since some of you are behind vpn's etc so it would be higher than that.  Of things to cause problems popularity is a better one. 

Go ahead and try again and see if it works.  Sorry for the troubles.

possible simple fix is to just copy the code to another server elsewhere and launch another pool. did you receive the bounty?

I will check on the bounty, but if you sent it I am sure he received it.  He has been distracted with getting a new version of the miner software done.

The connection limit is fixed.  We should have taken care of that initially, many linux distributions have a hard limit at 1024 and we commonly increase that when setting up new servers. 

For wookido the fact that they can not directly access the server but can through a proxy indicates something upstream blocking the traffic.  I wish I knew what it was, it is really frustrating. 
vandokkum

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:49:01 PM

How can the balance in my wallet become STAKE?

How does the stake work?

I got nothing for putting nrs in my wallet.  Huh Huh

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:38:39 PM

about to release funds for additional 3 TH.  Smiley
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:39:47 PM

How does the stake work?

staking aint easy, have you gone 14 days without a withdrawal?
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:15:46 PM

about to release funds for additional 3 TH.  Smiley

Very nice (in my Borat voice)!

vandokkum

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:26:45 PM

How does the stake work?

More than 14 days. The wallet only received coins from pool and never sent one coin out.
The stake is still zero.

yvg1900

Activity: 66

Dev of yam miner

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:44:29 PM

How does the stake work?

There is definitely something unclear - I have at least one block mined on 3 of March, and still have 0.0 stake - can you provide explanation how does it work?

Also listtransactions in Debug window does not show right number of transactions, besides of GUI shows right number and displays all the transactions correctly.

Any ideas/way to test?

Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:58:16 PM

yvg1900, what's your skype name? i need you in the dev chat there.
yvg1900

Activity: 66

Dev of yam miner

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:58:52 PM

How does the stake work?

There is definitely something unclear - I have at least one block mined on 3 of March, and still have 0.0 stake - can you provide explanation how does it work?

Also listtransactions in Debug window does not show right number of transactions, besides of GUI shows right number and displays all the transactions correctly.

Any ideas/way to test?

In fact it shows 10 last transactions (as per default value of count parameter) but does not accept count value (mistakes it for account name?)

Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates
pinwc4

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:59:38 PM

How does the stake work?

Any ideas/way to test?

I am curious about this as well.  I have multiple wallets for messing around but I have one wallet that all the blocks mined are over 2 weeks old.  No transactions were sent out from the wallet.  I saw some transactions that showed POFMined but were never accepted and never got a stake balance.  
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:02:32 PM

How does the stake work?

I got nothing for putting nrs in my wallet.  Huh Huh

Any ideas/way to test?

i am thinking of adjusting the code to allow more than one thread to mine stake. I think it's just too difficult, others are staking though.

static CBigNum bnProofOfStakeLimit(~uint256(0) >> 4);
static CBigNum bnProofOfStakeHardLimit(~uint256(0) >> Cool;
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:16:01 PM

How does the stake work?

Any ideas/way to test?

I am curious about this as well.  I have multiple wallets for messing around but I have one wallet that all the blocks mined are over 2 weeks old.  No transactions were sent out from the wallet.  I saw some transactions that showed POFMined but were never accepted and never got a stake balance.  

pm me your skype name
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:37:27 PM

i'd encourage you to join noirbitstalk, i want to move away from this crowded forum. we are already in the process of updating it heavily.
ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:08:25 AM

I think shares should be calculated before the start of the project, Can't give coin set prices early

chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:25:51 AM

I think shares should be calculated before the start of the project, Can't give coin set prices early

I believe the mining project has already started/in progress.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: