Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:33:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NoirShares Trade on PoloniEX, Noir Investment Options Open  (Read 53352 times)
pocketbits

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:49:32 PM

Ok -- interested, but I have spent far too much time trying to figure out what is going on. You're first bounty should be for a marketing guy to tell people how to do everything.

Let's just say that I am a stupid idiot and someone explain it to me. First from the "Investment Options" section:

1.) Choose Your Options: Ok -how --where? Is it just the "general fund" and there are no "options" yet and therefore I don't have to worry about it?

2.) Create/Choose a single address to use as your unique identifier: What address -- a wallet? Where do I make this "choice". What is a "unique identifier"? My wallet or some other system entirely?

3.) Send investment amount from chosen address to the corresponding option? Umm...what? Do you mean the address on page one of this forum? Or well, what does this sentence mean, exactly?

Plus, I am unclear what benefits I am receiving for "investing". What exactly is one getting that is different than someone who just buys NRS?

I've read many pages on this forum and the mess that is the Noirbits Forum and even read the first few pages of every single message that barwizi has posted. As I said, I like the general idea but you guys are making it far too time consuming to become fully informed.

If it is just too much effort (or frustration) to respond to this, I totally understand. No need to, but I am guessing that I am not the only one who just gave up after a while (or in my case, almost). 

We're releasing completely updated material in the coming days, this should make everything much more palatable! Keep checking in!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:38:19 PM

Ok -- interested, but I have spent far too much time trying to figure out what is going on. You're first bounty should be for a marketing guy to tell people how to do everything.

Let's just say that I am a stupid idiot and someone explain it to me. First from the "Investment Options" section:

1.) Choose Your Options: Ok -how --where? Is it just the "general fund" and there are no "options" yet and therefore I don't have to worry about it?

2.) Create/Choose a single address to use as your unique identifier: What address -- a wallet? Where do I make this "choice". What is a "unique identifier"? My wallet or some other system entirely?

3.) Send investment amount from chosen address to the corresponding option? Umm...what? Do you mean the address on page one of this forum? Or well, what does this sentence mean, exactly?

Plus, I am unclear what benefits I am receiving for "investing". What exactly is one getting that is different than someone who just buys NRS?

I've read many pages on this forum and the mess that is the Noirbits Forum and even read the first few pages of every single message that barwizi has posted. As I said, I like the general idea but you guys are making it far too time consuming to become fully informed.

If it is just too much effort (or frustration) to respond to this, I totally understand. No need to, but I am guessing that I am not the only one who just gave up after a while (or in my case, almost).  

Right now the General Fund is the only option available to buy shares in projects developed by the Noir Investment Group LLC that aren't built on top of the blockchain.  You can send BTC, NRS, NRB or PTS to the addresses in the OP.  I recommend checking out the The General Fund Ledger so you can see the current projects to invest in and how much is already invested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhCtiOzdwvPydEdVS21zTlptWjVGZkgxeDhxMUlzY3c&usp=drive_web%20-%20gid=0#gid=0

Purchasing NRS give you ownership rights in future DACs developed by NIG, but not the current projects posted in the general ledger.  You can purchase NRS and then immediately invest them in the fund.  

Barwizi or somebody, please let me know if what I described is inaccurate.

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:07:46 PM

Right now the General Fund is the only option available to buy shares in projects developed by the Noir Investment Group LLC that aren't built on top of the blockchain.  You can send BTC, NRS, NRB or PTS to the addresses in the OP.  I recommend checking out the The General Fund Ledger so you can see the current projects to invest in and how much is already invested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhCtiOzdwvPydEdVS21zTlptWjVGZkgxeDhxMUlzY3c&usp=drive_web%20-%20gid=0#gid=0

Purchasing NRS give you ownership rights in future DACs developed by NIG, but not the current projects posted in the general ledger.  You can purchase NRS and then immediately invest them in the fund.  

short and to the point. You said it quite well.

Active projects at the moment are The Noir Mining facility, which aims to create income for all invested shareholders and a bit for the company, another of it's functions is proping up the price of NRS.

NoirEx has entered active status and is being developed by our CWO, as of this moment he is hard at work setting up the back-end and making the front end visually appealing. 

NoirTalk has been thrown back onto the drawing board after i ran into unforeseen coding roadblocks, mainly to do with blockchain use and size. If i do not come up with a viable solution, i will scrap it before any investor money is wasted.

NoirStore is pending as my original implementation was countered by a far more intriguing version that could potentially change how crypto users do their shopping from content to products. Essentially, rather than a centralized solution, a decentralized solution was proposed and made a huge impact , changing how we intended to solve the problem.

Upcoming events if well coordinated will see the release of a new client , a new more efficient miner, a pool and our listing on another exchange. Negotiations are still ongoing but i will make time to keep everyone updated.
John122

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:37:13 PM

I just invested a bit more!  Wink

User: Zapa (John122)
Amount: 0.3 BTC
Tx Number: 8659cc331c9ff9af28e160dd569a6c347d72dd89a6ff5d7256aa9add3debb0c9
jerjian

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:39:55 PM

User: jerjian

Transaction Number: 258b5a99c344b5d991c899fc78c15d6f3f2dc8466f4661c59cd2a24c04a02723
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:19:01 PM

[

Ok -- thank you. But, I am still unclear on a few things. On the "create/choose address to use as your unique identifier" section -- is that just a wallet or are you trying to say something else entirely?

Does it have something to do with not using a wallet from an exchange due to proof of stake calculations or something?

Let's say that I invest in the "general fund". What am I getting in tangible terms? I understand that you have projects going on, but what I mean is this a separate coin altogether? Or is this not a coin at all, but more of a share or, I guess more accurately, a promise of a share? At any time is that share liquid or is it just a dividend stream, or well...what?

I guess what I am asking is, since the "general fund" is wholly separate from NRS in what form is the general fund taking? I did examine the link you posted and I see that it says "shares", but I would still appreciate more clarity.

Also, on that same "Investment Options" link you imply that you would recommend a "mixed option" as that would "create a favorable situation for them all around". If that is your advice, why have you decided not to make the "mixed option" available?
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:31:55 PM

Transaction Number: 258b5a99c344b5d991c899fc78c15d6f3f2dc8466f4661c59cd2a24c04a02723

updated thanks.

tilecuwi

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:34:59 PM

Hey i am new to this coin.
I was wondering if this is normal:

My Coyote-miner (miner from Block Quarry pool) shows me
arround 44 hpm, but the pool says i am doing 0.3H/s ?!?!

Somebody an idea?
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:42:46 PM

[

Ok -- thank you. But, I am still unclear on a few things. On the "create/choose address to use as your unique identifier" section -- is that just a wallet or are you trying to say something else entirely?

Does it have something to do with not using a wallet from an exchange due to proof of stake calculations or something?

Let's say that I invest in the "general fund". What am I getting in tangible terms? I understand that you have projects going on, but what I mean is this a separate coin altogether? Or is this not a coin at all, but more of a share or, I guess more accurately, a promise of a share? At any time is that share liquid or is it just a dividend stream, or well...what?

I guess what I am asking is, since the "general fund" is wholly separate from NRS in what form is the general fund taking? I did examine the link you posted and I see that it says "shares", but I would still appreciate more clarity.

Also, on that same "Investment Options" link you imply that you would recommend a "mixed option" as that would "create a favorable situation for them all around". If that is your advice, why have you decided not to make the "mixed option" available?

"create/choose address to use as your unique identifier" section

where is this?

An investment before the weighted share period ends means you get dividends from the Noir Mining facility for starters, also it entitles you to a proportinate share of any veture profits made by the group. You get voting rights and can even suggest ventures yourself.  and yes, there is a promise of a share in any blockchain based venture we may carry out.

The general funds job is to fund the general workings of the company including but not limited to ventures, DACs and promotions. The main advantage of the general fund is that it provides a taste of everything from the moment you invest. Venture specific funds are meant for those who only have interest in a particular venture, as a result they only get divs from that venture.

the company is a work in progress and as of yet, there are no ventures that require mixed options, when we start developing something like our first DAC, then yes, mixed options will be immediately available,
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:44:40 PM

Somebody an idea?

if you are submitting hashes then i do not think you have a problem, pools usually get hashrates wrong especially on custom code like coyote.
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:45:26 PM

2500 more NRS sent.   Grin

Date: 3/26/2014 15:45
To: 9cViAqUd7AKKZY5UyJUQo6nXCVJGTar1F7
Debit: -2500.00 NRS
Transaction fee: -0.01 NRS
Net amount: -2500.01 NRS
Transaction ID: fcc9447ad79fcee2276124b770c4c8aa32fcc9ca6163b7a5321a91544b356641

tilecuwi

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:48:38 PM

Somebody an idea?

if you are submitting hashes then i do not think you have a problem, pools usually get hashrates wrong especially on custom code like coyote.

Ok.. but its less then 1% of what my miner is showing?
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:52:10 PM

2500 more NRS sent.   Grin

Date: 3/26/2014 15:45
To: 9cViAqUd7AKKZY5UyJUQo6nXCVJGTar1F7
Debit: -2500.00 NRS
Transaction fee: -0.01 NRS
Net amount: -2500.01 NRS
Transaction ID: fcc9447ad79fcee2276124b770c4c8aa32fcc9ca6163b7a5321a91544b356641

nice, updated!!!!
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:52:58 PM

Somebody an idea?

h/s vs h/m

seconds vs minutes
tilecuwi

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:56:10 PM

Somebody an idea?

h/s vs h/m

seconds vs minutes

ah now i see, thanks
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:10:08 PM

]quote] "create/choose address to use as your unique identifier" section

where is this?

An investment before the weighted share period ends means you get dividends from the Noir Mining facility for starters, also it entitles you to a proportionate share of any venture profits made by the group. You get voting rights and can even suggest ventures yourself.  and yes, there is a promise of a share in any blockchain based venture we may carry out.

OK, it is starting to become a little clearer now. Thank you.

As far as your "where is this?" question above it is taken directly from the link you provided on the front page of this forum entitled "Investment Options" on the PDF. As a matter of fact all three numbered points that I made in my first post (#742) were taken from that link, under the section entitled "So How to Invest".

As far as the shares go, how long-term is considered long term? If I understand correctly, these are illiquid for a period of time and any decision regarding how long that will be is to be determined at a future date. In the meantime, one is to expect a dividend at some future date provided there is a certain level of success. Is that correct?

If so, is there an idea of dividend schedule and possible issuance of actual liquid shares? Or is that simply too far away to be contemplated at this moment?

Finally, if I decide to invest, do I simply buy NRS on Poloniex and send them to the address on the first page? Or do I have to download a wallet and send them from there? I guess this goes back to that "create/choose address to use as your unique identifier" statement from the link! (At least I think it might!)
John122

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:58:32 PM

updated thanks.

Erm, it brings our BTC total to 1.85 (grand total 2.05), not 1.8! We were at 1.55 BTC previously.
Thanks in advance for fixing this! Tongue
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:38:16 AM

+1 ^^
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:52:58 AM

"create/choose address to use as your unique identifier" section

where is this?

An investment before the weighted share period ends means you get dividends from the Noir Mining facility for starters, also it entitles you to a proportionate share of any venture profits made by the group. You get voting rights and can even suggest ventures yourself.  and yes, there is a promise of a share in any blockchain based venture we may carry out.

OK, it is starting to become a little clearer now. Thank you.

As far as your "where is this?" question above it is taken directly from the link you provided on the front page of this forum entitled "Investment Options" on the PDF. As a matter of fact all three numbered points that I made in my first post (#742) were taken from that link, under the section entitled "So How to Invest".

As far as the shares go, how long-term is considered long term? If I understand correctly, these are illiquid for a period of time and any decision regarding how long that will be is to be determined at a future date. In the meantime, one is to expect a dividend at some future date provided there is a certain level of success. Is that correct?

If so, is there an idea of dividend schedule and possible issuance of actual liquid shares? Or is that simply too far away to be contemplated at this moment?

Finally, if I decide to invest, do I simply buy NRS on Poloniex and send them to the address on the first page? Or do I have to download a wallet and send them from there? I guess this goes back to that "create/choose address to use as your unique identifier" statement from the link! (At least I think it might!)

lol, lazy and sleepy.

ok, for now you can send from anywhere. One of the reasons there is an address pool for wallets is that Satoshi never intended for people to keep using the same address, it's part of the attempt at anonymity.

Shares in the group can be transferred to someone else, but it's still a bit awkward
pinwc4

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:09:47 AM

OK, I have set up a new pool, Flip Side Mining, here:

https://nrs.flipsidemining.com/

This pool is hosted in Singapore so it should have better performance for some of you.  It is based on the same coyote miner as Block Quarry so your existing miners will work.  You just point them to nrs.flipsidemining.com

I have ports 4020, 4444 and 10013 open for NRS miners.  I have very few clients myself but have already found 2 blocks with the pool. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: