Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have USD in Gox, you're lucky  (Read 5187 times)
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:32:18 PM

Finally a positive mtgox thread.

The unwarranted hate speech is only necessary AFTER incidences are confirmed.

When withdrawals open again and people see the price jump $500+, you'll hear crying and whining about how they should have bought and could have made 4x their money.

Be humble!
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:41:41 PM

Do you reckon that it is Gox themselves who are buying up all the ultra cheap Bitcoins (the ones that are actually backed by Bitcoins in the blockchain ledger), and then arbitraging them on Bitstamp and the likes?

I think if they were arbitraging the exchange rates would be closer together.

When you don't have competition you can arb as you see fit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Obi-Wan Coinobi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:51:44 PM

When withdrawals open again and people see the price jump $500+, you'll hear crying and whining about how they should have bought and could have made 4x their money.

That is one scenario, yes.
Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:10:45 PM

I don't think Pirate has been found guilty in a court yet, so does that mean it's a good idea to buy shares in the Bitcoin Savings & Trust for bargain basement prices?
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:13:17 PM

I don't think Pirate has been found guilty in a court yet, so does that mean it's a good idea to buy shares in the Bitcoin Savings & Trust for bargain basement prices?

Is the exchange still running?

Be humble!
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

+1

i think it will be one of the most amazing events ever witnessed in Bitcoin history, with a lot of people who took massive risk getting rich quick.

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:56:09 PM

whoever sold at 300, must really hate themselves. well, can't say i didn't see that coming.

maybe not that much today

ibinsad

Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:38:05 PM

Need to buy bitcoins from Gox not yet verified.. so can i buy from someone else in the forum at the same price +10% ?
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:49:25 PM

wayneyoyo

Activity: 606

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:15:54 AM

I hopes MTGOX gone out quickly so it wont disturb the price

And may be they are buying lots of bitcoin at the low price
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:34:08 AM

Need to buy bitcoins from Gox not yet verified.. so can i buy from someone else in the forum at the same price +10% ?

I doubt you can buy that low, you can buy goxbtc at a 60% discount here bitcoinbuilder.com

Or post a message here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457723.40;topicseen or here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455243.720;topicseen (bigger thread)

V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:27:18 PM

Well I'm all in. Loaded up slowly on coins as it fell from $400-$100. If Gox is dead what does it matter but if an ember of life still flickers then.

Its a gamble it's always a gamble. So yea yea I'm stupid for using Gox etc etc yawn heard it all 1000 times already.

PS. was going to photoshop Mark in place of the girl but then didn't because I had more important things to do like Dota2 or something.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:49:45 PM

Yes, you are lucky.

You will never see prices like this ever in your lifetime again. If they don't close up shop, you are going to see an explosion.

Only now are many of us getting our ammunition into gox.
yrtrnc

Activity: 605

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:06:29 PM

Go spend your money on satoshi dice instead.

No sensible human being would gamble their money on mtgox right now.

Even your investment on bitcoin should be money you can afford to lose.
V4Vendettas

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:21:14 PM

Lol all that's left to do is gamble on Mtgox right now. Why because I cant be out of Gox if I wanted to. That is unless you lend me your crystal ball and or time machine.

Hats off to the balls of any actually going into gox with fiat right now hunting those cheap coins. Nice to not be alone and all but dam its a gamble I hope it pays off.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:30:10 PM

Lol all that's left to do is gamble on Mtgox right now. Why because I cant be out of Gox if I wanted to. That is unless you lend me your crystal ball and or time machine.

Hats off to the balls of any actually going into gox with fiat right now hunting those cheap coins. Nice to not be alone and all but dam its a gamble I hope it pays off.

The whole strategy of moving into dollars on gox has been concocted by lawyers. Do you honestly think you'll recover those dollars in a class action international lawsuit that will take years with anything left over after paying off those leaches? No offense but those guys often advise what's best for them to keep the business coming.

Hell no, you'd be way better off taking a flyer and buying the 90% discounted coins and cheering for gox to survive.

Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:00:30 PM

I basically got my money out months ago, but I decided to log in to Mt Gox today just to double check, and found I had $1 USD in there.

So I put an order in for a bitcent at the $95 level Smiley
warpio

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:10:19 PM

I'm surprised that the value of Gox's imaginary bitcoins are still holding up this well.

If I had funds in Gox right now, I'd rather have it in imaginary fiat than imaginary coins, because at least the imaginary fiat is more likely to physically exist somewhere.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:23:00 PM

I'm surprised that the value of Gox's imaginary bitcoins are still holding up this well.

If I had funds in Gox right now, I'd rather have it in imaginary fiat than imaginary coins, because at least the imaginary fiat is more likely to physically exist somewhere.

No, they're both digital.
V4Vendettas

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:06:14 PM

@cypherdoc

I think you misunderstand my position. I was already locked into gox (bitcoinwise) and by that I mean they already had my money before the bitcoin withdraw lock down. When I said I was all in that was only half true. The other 50% its still dripping into my fiat bank account every 20 days or so becuase I had already asked for Sepa withdraws.

So yes I can get my money out in fiat ( received 5 Sepa deposits from Poland over the last 4 months so far) but I don't want just euros I want bitcoins to spend  and some to Hodl.

I know Gox is sucking ass at just about everything for just about everyone but for me well its not been so bad. I don't see why they would keep giving me my money every 20 days if they had no money to give.

Time will tell and basically we both know bugger all so lets watch this all unfold shall we.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: