Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:23:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have USD in Gox, you're lucky  (Read 5187 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

Personally i don't buy the whole "GOX WILL DIE" scenario, i'll tell you what, Gox will NOT die. Yes they are incompetent and have hurt the bitcoin community and themselves but one thing that's clear is they made ALOT of money and they are survivors.

Today there was a video released of Mark Karpeles, he was walking outside the office holding a frapaccino and an umbrella, without a care in the world not giving a shit. The guy is a fucking survivor like it or not and Gox will be back.

If you have Fiat in GOX, i would buy the shit out of bitcoin and make 50%-100% instantly once withdrawals resume. The withdrawals will RESUME for sure it's just a matter of time. So far news in reddit hint for the withdrawals to resume within this week

theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:19:34 PM

Today there was a video released of Mark Karpeles, he was walking outside the office holding a frapaccino and an umbrella, without a care in the world not giving a shit. The guy is a fucking survivor like it or not and Gox will be back.
Lol I was wondering where all the frapuccino references were coming from.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:26:16 PM

Personally i don't buy the whole "GOX WILL DIE" scenario, i'll tell you what, Gox will NOT die. Yes they are incompetent and have hurt the bitcoin community and themselves but one thing that's clear is they made ALOT of money and they are survivors.

If you have Fiat in GOX, i would buy the shit out of bitcoin and make 50%-100% instantly once withdrawals resume. The withdrawals will RESUME for sure it's just a matter of time. So far news in reddit hint for the withdrawals to resume within this week

Do you reckon that it is Gox themselves who are buying up all the ultra cheap Gox Bitcoins (the ones that are actually backed by Bitcoins in the blockchain ledger), and then arbitraging them on Bitstamp and the likes?

If I was a fucking dirty low life toad crooked little rat like Karpeles, that is what I would be doing right now.

Gox may 'survive' but only in the same way that a down and out glue sniffing proven kiddy-fiddling tramp living on the street 'survives'. Nobody with any sense in their head will want to have much to do with Gox if they can help it.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:27:48 PM

Do you reckon that it is Gox themselves who are buying up all the ultra cheap Bitcoins (the ones that are actually backed by Bitcoins in the blockchain ledger), and then arbitraging them on Bitstamp and the likes?

I think if they were arbitraging the exchange rates would be closer together.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

Do you reckon that it is Gox themselves who are buying up all the ultra cheap Bitcoins (the ones that are actually backed by Bitcoins in the blockchain ledger), and then arbitraging them on Bitstamp and the likes?

They may not be doing it yet. It was just last night that Gox hit $302 before a huge buy-in wave spiked it back up to $400.

GoxBTC were for a long time worth way above the market rate cos the only way to get funds out of Gox, was via Bitcoin, thus the price was bid up. Now Karpeles is saying that you can't get BTC out, but you can get Fiat. Now the only way to get funds out of an exchange which seems to be crashing and burning is to sell Bitcoin and convert to fiat. Thus the price is being driven down. One may go further and say that the price is being driven down by Karpeles's withdrawal policy.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
pietje

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:30:02 PM

They may not be doing it yet. It was just last night that Gox hit $302 before a huge buy-in wave spiked it back up to $400.

Thats a way to make up for the stolen coins Cheesy
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:30:41 PM

whoever sold at 300, must really hate themselves. well, can't say i didn't see that coming.

ok
pietje

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:31:41 PM

whoever sold at 300, must really hate themselves. well, can't say i didn't see that coming.

Whoever has coins or cash in gox should hate themselves..
And what do you think of the ppl who sold at 100 at btc-e after the price rushed back to 600?
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:32:11 PM

Ah shut the fuck up....u seen fuck all coming, never have and never will.

you will keep opening your mouth and letting a big load of bull-tard diarrhea spill out though.......and sometimes, it might just happen to make a pretty pattern on your shirt giving you the chance to say you 'knew it all along'.

Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:32:16 PM

Link to video please!
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:34:27 PM

The level of retardness and delusion is damn high at the moment. I have already seen posts from 4 different people who are sending money to Gox right now,
or would consider em damn lucky if they had their stash on there. I really don´t know what to think of that?
Are you guys serious?

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:35:28 PM

Link to video please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob9Ak1t09Ao

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:37:16 PM

The level of retardness and delusion is damn high at the moment. I have already seen posts from 4 different people who are sending money to Gox right now,
or would consider em damn lucky if they had their stash on there. I really don´t know what to think of that?
Are you guys serious?

Holy shit! LOL!  Cheesy

KARHU WILL BE PLEASED!

jatajuta

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:45:57 PM

I have money on Gox, I bought a lot of coins near 340.

Im trading btc since 2011, all my money is pure profit, I can afford to risk something to be exposed to one of the best buying opportunities in years.

Besides that, if you have a stop loss to protect your position you can always sell and withdraw cash, the transfer takes a while but it works.

Also, all this conspiracy bullshit is really the dumbest thing on earth, MtGox receives 0.5% of each trade 24/7, only today they received 120.000 USD on fees, only through the USD market.

They are alive and well, what you see is just bad managment and a huge growth rate for the company.

Can somebody say something about TradeHill, Bitcoinica, BitMarket, BitFloor, 50BTC and other exchanges that failed? MtGox was there and will be in the future...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
pietje

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:54:21 PM

Im trading btc since 2011, all my money is pure profit, I can afford to risk something to be exposed to one of the best buying opportunities in years.

Besides that, if you have a stop loss to protect your position you can always sell and withdraw cash, the transfer takes a while but it works.

Also, all this conspiracy bullshit is really the dumbest thing on earth, MtGox receives 0.5% of each trade 24/7, only today they received 120.000 USD on fees, only through the USD market.

They are alive and well, what you see is just bad managment and a huge growth rate for the company.

Can somebody say something about TradeHill, Bitcoinica, BitMarket, BitFloor, 50BTC and other exchanges that failed? MtGox was there and will be in the future...

Last time there where like 70000 btc stuck in withdrawals. Lets say there are double of that at gox (i think even way more) and they indeed lost those btc it would require around 100mil USD for them to buy those back at current stamp rate. They do have alot of fees now, but at normal days they dont.
jatajuta

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:00:16 PM

Last time there where like 70000 btc stuck in withdrawals. Lets say there are double of that at gox (i think even way more) and they indeed lost those btc it would require around 100mil USD for them to buy those back at current stamp rate. They do have alot of fees now, but at normal days they dont.

Okay, and where is the information that they lost any coin?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:45:19 PM

GoxBTC were for a long time worth way above the market rate cos the only way to get funds out of Gox, was via Bitcoin, thus the price was bid up. Now Karpeles is saying that you can't get BTC out, but you can get Fiat. Now the only way to get funds out of an exchange which seems to be crashing and burning is to sell Bitcoin and convert to fiat. Thus the price is being driven down. One may go further and say that the price is being driven down by Karpeles's withdrawal policy.

Ahem  Roll Eyes

I don't have first-hand experience but after all these months have fiat withdrawals really resumed?

By far the best thing to do is to buy cheap Bitcoins on Gox and wait. Then there are two possible outcomes:

1. When Bitcoin withdrawals are open again, take them out.

2. When Gox goes bust, join all the other poor buggers claiming your property back. The fact that it is Bitcoin or dollars missing won't make much difference to the process IMO. The only difference is that you will be able to sue for more if you have Bitcoin as Bitcoin will go up in value compared to dollars. (Not saying you are guaranteed to get anything back at all in this scenario of course).

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
BitApparel

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:48:00 PM

Can't you just deposit TO MTGOX?

$@$@$@$$@$------------------->>>          trade BTC/LTC leveraged @ bitfinex.com    AND

get 5% lifetime rebate!   use sign-up code   ------->       X1LTTXAjLV       PM after sign up !!!
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:49:25 PM

I think Mark Karpeles has arranged for that part of the business to run quite smoothly.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:50:08 PM

I think Mark Karpeles has arranged for that part of the business to run quite smoothly.

Tee Hee.

Good old Mark. At least it get's it right some of the time.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:51:47 AM

Now Karpeles is saying that you can't get BTC out, but you can get Fiat.

This is nothing but BS delay tactics.

I traded BTC for fiat which Im still waiting on 8 weeks later, and now their asking me to cancel my trade and convert back to BTC.

Karpels is nothing but a lying little worm.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
thelema93

Activity: 339

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:39:26 AM

finally someone who talks sense.. They will have the withdrawals fixed within a week or two i reckon. Then the BTC price will rocket again.

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:15:47 AM

"
Dear Mt. Gox Customers,
"
"
In order to implement our solution to the “transaction malleability” issue being
faced by bitcoin exchanges and businesses, we are going to have a 6-hour
downtime on all bitcoin deposits and internal bitcoin transfers in addition to the
current pause on bitcoin withdrawals. Trading will otherwise still be open as
usual.
"
"
Maintenance Schedule (approximate):
"
"
6pm ~ 12am JST (February 15
th
)
"
"
The above downtime period is approximate: it may be shortened or lengthened
as required. Once the implementation is complete customers will again be able
to deposit bitcoin, but we will be doing extensive testing before bitcoin
withdrawals are reactivated. We will publish an update on the situation on
Monday .
"
"
BlockChain.info have implemented changes to address the malleability issue.
Our solution should work in the short term, while a longer-term solution is being
discussed with the Bitcoin Core Dev team and the Bitcoin Foundation. We are
also discussing this with other exchanges and businesses.
"
"
Thank you for your support during the maintenance, and we will update you on
the progress shortly.
"
"
Best regards,
"
"
MtGox Team

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:19:06 AM

Monday update again, look familiar?
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:33:41 AM

Ill have to admit the one good about gox is its still a brick and mortar business with real people and mark comes to work every day in the morning apparently. unlike btce and bitfinex which are run off of the moon.
GigaCoin (OP)

Giga

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:36:26 PM

Ill have to admit the one good about gox is its still a brick and mortar business with real people and mark comes to work every day in the morning apparently. unlike btce and bitfinex which are run off of the moon.

Especially with btce there is always that lingering feeling that they're gonna run off at anytime.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:43:51 PM

"
 we will be doing extensive testing before bitcoin
withdrawals are reactivated. We will publish an update on the situation on
Monday .
"

ie:  they're gonna be busy capitalizing on those arbitrage opportunities with all the cheap coins they bought
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:47:05 PM

Are you trading on Bitfinex still?

I am aching for another Short Trade at this point, but I pulled my funds from bitfinex as I decided I didn't trust it/place was/is heaving with thieves. Did you have any bets, limit orders, stop losses placed during the Bitcoin to $10'000 or the Bitcoin to $100 'hack'? If so, what happened? I have read that a lot of people lost money on Bitifnex and are still waiting for support to make it good to them.

ie:  they're gonna be busy capitalizing on those arbitrage opportunities with all the cheap coins they bought

oooh, don't be like.....soooooo paranoid man, you are thinking like a fish......apparently:

That is a really stupid paranoid thought dude.. U are thinking like a fish.. He doesn't need to do that to earn money or whatever.. And even if mtgox lost btc he has thousand and weekly is earning Millions.. he can cover if he loses some btc.. which i think he didnt.. and going to sell "his" to bitstamp would be same than giving trading commisions to bitstamp.. This is by far the most stupid thought i've heard man.. And u should re-read the "arbitrage" concept.

GigaCoin (OP)

Giga

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:11:54 PM

Tomorrow will be interesting

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

So trading will resume as normal except you will not have access to your bitcoins. That does not sound normal.  Undecided

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:21:41 PM

I am aching for another Short Trade at this point, but I pulled my funds from bitfinex as I decided I didn't trust it/place was/is heaving with thieves. Did you have any bets, limit orders, stop losses placed during the Bitcoin to $10'000 or the Bitcoin to $100 'hack'? If so, what happened? I have read that a lot of people lost money on Bitifnex and are still waiting for support to make it good to them.

NEVER, EVER, EVER use stops on Bitfinex. A typical loss of access to Bitstamp liquidity (which happens extremely regularly) and you may find your position closed ± $100 where you thought you closed it.

That's right. Leverage trading without stops....... Grin

Complain and Giancarlo will attempt to publicly humiliate you. Cheesy
GigaCoin (OP)

Giga

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:50:57 AM

NEVER, EVER, EVER use stops on Bitfinex. A typical loss of access to Bitstamp liquidity (which happens extremely regularly) and you may find your position closed ± $100 where you thought you closed it.

I've had problems with Bitfinex too, largely avoided them since a while despite the hype behind them.

GigaCoin (OP)

Giga

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:52:47 AM

So trading will resume as normal except you will not have access to your bitcoins. That does not sound normal.  Undecided

Looks like Gox isn't implementing the fix today, price is now $145 the same price in April 2013 !! Bitstamp is holding well at $600

Unless they do a last minute fix at the end of the day (US time) and the prices will skyrocket on all exchanges. I'm still pretty confident that Gox will be back.

nopedope89
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:15:47 PM

I believe that MtGox will soon come back. It's matter of time when it will happen. I am sure they are going to fix withdrawals and as it happen market situation will change.

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:13:36 PM

Yeah he did, but ya know what. As indignant as he acted towards me, I still think that Bitfinex is a fkn den of thieves.

I have seen some well dodgy shit occur on that exchange and after they took away ability to route only through Bitstamp, setting any kind of Stop Loss that actually would have served to limit losses, is running huge risk of having your arse farmed in counter trend noise by some farming bot, that may or may not have access to stop orders/limit orders list.

Also on Bitfinex is the shocking fact that everyone has the ability build up massive liar walls even when the user only has liquidity to cover 1% (or less) of those walls. With the assistance of a Bot, towering 1000 BTC walls can appear and disappear either side of the wall within an instant, even when the punk erecting and then vanishing them again only has 10BTC liquidity.

As tempting as Short Selling Bitcoin at the moment may seem, probably not worth running the gauntlet amongst all them thieves, whilst never being sure if the exchange operators aren't amongst them.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:36:34 PM

Yeah he did, but ya know what. As indignant as he acted towards me, I still think that Bitfinex is a fkn den of thieves.

I have seen some well dodgy shit occur on that exchange and after they took away ability to route only through Bitstamp, setting any kind of Stop Loss that actually would have served to limit losses, is running huge risk of having your arse farmed in counter trend noise by some farming bot, that may or may not have access to stop orders/limit orders list.

Also on Bitfinex is the shocking fact that everyone has the ability build up massive liar walls even when the user only has liquidity to cover 1% (or less) of those walls. With the assistance of a Bot, towering 1000 BTC walls can appear and disappear either side of the wall within an instant, even when the punk erecting and then vanishing them again only has 10BTC liquidity.

As tempting as Short Selling Bitcoin at the moment may seem, probably not worth running the gauntlet amongst all them thieves, whilst never being sure if the exchange operators aren't amongst them.

Talking about which...

Almost at new 6 month ATH of active BTC swaps, according to http://charts-bfxdata.rhcloud.com/bitfinexLiquidityBTC.php

Funny enough, the absolute ATH, end of July 2013, probably didn't work out so well for some traders, judging by how price didn't budge that much back then, and considering that you better got out of short position before the rally started 2 weeks later.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:29:34 PM

BTC is 135.90 right now sure glad I din't listen to you LOLOL

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:24:34 PM

Funny enough, the absolute ATH, end of July 2013, probably didn't work out so well for some traders, judging by how price didn't budge that much back then, and considering that you better got out of short position before the rally started 2 weeks later.

Maybe I am just dumb, but how am I meant to tell what proportion of those BTC/USD swaps are for leveraged long trading and leveraged short trading?

Right now I am totally insensitive to pretty much any statistic except BTC/USD withdrawals being free flowing across all exchanges (includign Bitstamp where I have 30K USD), and the price rising up and establishing convincing support at higher prices. Until his happens, then I am listening to the little green pixie sitting on my shoulder who whispers dreams into my head, and he says yet more slaughter to come, best avoided by being 0% in Bitcoin for the time being.

porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:29:41 PM

I believe that MtGox will soon come back. It's matter of time when it will happen. I am sure they are going to fix withdrawals and as it happen market situation will change.

The price now does absolutely not reflect that. The majority or well-informed do not expect that or speculate, that it will take a few more days and then by back.

Because don't forget. Prices are the best forecasts you can make. The prices will rise before Gox announces the fix.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:35:31 PM

Maybe I am just dumb, but how am I meant to tell what proportion of those BTC/USD swaps are for leveraged long trading and leveraged short trading?

Right now I am totally insensitive to pretty much any statistic except BTC/USD withdrawals being free flowing across all exchanges (includign Bitstamp where I have 30K USD), and the price rising up and establishing convincing support at higher prices. Until his happens, then I am listening to the little green pixie sitting on my shoulder who whispers dreams into my head, and he says yet more slaughter to come, best avoided by being 0% in Bitcoin for the time being.

I imagine the "total sum active BTC swaps" corresponds to shorts while the "total sum active USD swaps" (which you get to by selecting USD near the top of the page) corresponds to longs. Note that both are measured in USD.

Then again, I could be wrong. I only pretend to understand trading lingo.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:32:18 PM

Finally a positive mtgox thread.

The unwarranted hate speech is only necessary AFTER incidences are confirmed.

When withdrawals open again and people see the price jump $500+, you'll hear crying and whining about how they should have bought and could have made 4x their money.

Be humble!
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:41:41 PM

When you don't have competition you can arb as you see fit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Obi-Wan Coinobi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:51:44 PM

When withdrawals open again and people see the price jump $500+, you'll hear crying and whining about how they should have bought and could have made 4x their money.

That is one scenario, yes.
Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:10:45 PM

I don't think Pirate has been found guilty in a court yet, so does that mean it's a good idea to buy shares in the Bitcoin Savings & Trust for bargain basement prices?
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:13:17 PM

I don't think Pirate has been found guilty in a court yet, so does that mean it's a good idea to buy shares in the Bitcoin Savings & Trust for bargain basement prices?

Is the exchange still running?

Be humble!
GigaCoin (OP)

Giga

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

+1

i think it will be one of the most amazing events ever witnessed in Bitcoin history, with a lot of people who took massive risk getting rich quick.

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:56:09 PM

maybe not that much today

ibinsad

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:38:05 PM

Need to buy bitcoins from Gox not yet verified.. so can i buy from someone else in the forum at the same price +10% ?
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:49:25 PM

wayneyoyo

Activity: 606

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:15:54 AM

I hopes MTGOX gone out quickly so it wont disturb the price

And may be they are buying lots of bitcoin at the low price
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:34:08 AM

Need to buy bitcoins from Gox not yet verified.. so can i buy from someone else in the forum at the same price +10% ?

I doubt you can buy that low, you can buy goxbtc at a 60% discount here bitcoinbuilder.com

Or post a message here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457723.40;topicseen or here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455243.720;topicseen (bigger thread)

V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:27:18 PM

Well I'm all in. Loaded up slowly on coins as it fell from $400-$100. If Gox is dead what does it matter but if an ember of life still flickers then.

Its a gamble it's always a gamble. So yea yea I'm stupid for using Gox etc etc yawn heard it all 1000 times already.

PS. was going to photoshop Mark in place of the girl but then didn't because I had more important things to do like Dota2 or something.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:49:45 PM

Yes, you are lucky.

You will never see prices like this ever in your lifetime again. If they don't close up shop, you are going to see an explosion.

Only now are many of us getting our ammunition into gox.
yrtrnc

Activity: 605

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:06:29 PM

Go spend your money on satoshi dice instead.

No sensible human being would gamble their money on mtgox right now.

Even your investment on bitcoin should be money you can afford to lose.
V4Vendettas

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:21:14 PM

Lol all that's left to do is gamble on Mtgox right now. Why because I cant be out of Gox if I wanted to. That is unless you lend me your crystal ball and or time machine.

Hats off to the balls of any actually going into gox with fiat right now hunting those cheap coins. Nice to not be alone and all but dam its a gamble I hope it pays off.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:30:10 PM

Lol all that's left to do is gamble on Mtgox right now. Why because I cant be out of Gox if I wanted to. That is unless you lend me your crystal ball and or time machine.

Hats off to the balls of any actually going into gox with fiat right now hunting those cheap coins. Nice to not be alone and all but dam its a gamble I hope it pays off.

The whole strategy of moving into dollars on gox has been concocted by lawyers. Do you honestly think you'll recover those dollars in a class action international lawsuit that will take years with anything left over after paying off those leaches? No offense but those guys often advise what's best for them to keep the business coming.

Hell no, you'd be way better off taking a flyer and buying the 90% discounted coins and cheering for gox to survive.

Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:00:30 PM

I basically got my money out months ago, but I decided to log in to Mt Gox today just to double check, and found I had $1 USD in there.

So I put an order in for a bitcent at the $95 level Smiley
warpio

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:10:19 PM

I'm surprised that the value of Gox's imaginary bitcoins are still holding up this well.

If I had funds in Gox right now, I'd rather have it in imaginary fiat than imaginary coins, because at least the imaginary fiat is more likely to physically exist somewhere.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:23:00 PM

I'm surprised that the value of Gox's imaginary bitcoins are still holding up this well.

If I had funds in Gox right now, I'd rather have it in imaginary fiat than imaginary coins, because at least the imaginary fiat is more likely to physically exist somewhere.

No, they're both digital.
V4Vendettas

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:06:14 PM

@cypherdoc

I think you misunderstand my position. I was already locked into gox (bitcoinwise) and by that I mean they already had my money before the bitcoin withdraw lock down. When I said I was all in that was only half true. The other 50% its still dripping into my fiat bank account every 20 days or so becuase I had already asked for Sepa withdraws.

So yes I can get my money out in fiat ( received 5 Sepa deposits from Poland over the last 4 months so far) but I don't want just euros I want bitcoins to spend  and some to Hodl.

I know Gox is sucking ass at just about everything for just about everyone but for me well its not been so bad. I don't see why they would keep giving me my money every 20 days if they had no money to give.

Time will tell and basically we both know bugger all so lets watch this all unfold shall we.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:07:43 PM

Nobody will use gox even if they recover. The trust has been lost forever.
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:08:53 PM

Agreed i start thinking positive on this matter.
V4Vendettas

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:15:24 PM

Yep what else can we do. Aside from fly to Japan and physically shake the coins out of mark lol would be fun but no I'm just joking.
No point crying in our cornflakes about an outcome that has not yet happened.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:25:28 PM

Trust vs Discount.

Round 1 fight.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:48:14 AM

I doubt that is true.

They'll continue to hook new people, who haven't even discovered bitcoin yet.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: