Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:31:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have USD in Gox, you're lucky  (Read 5187 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

Personally i don't buy the whole "GOX WILL DIE" scenario, i'll tell you what, Gox will NOT die. Yes they are incompetent and have hurt the bitcoin community and themselves but one thing that's clear is they made ALOT of money and they are survivors.

Today there was a video released of Mark Karpeles, he was walking outside the office holding a frapaccino and an umbrella, without a care in the world not giving a shit. The guy is a fucking survivor like it or not and Gox will be back.

If you have Fiat in GOX, i would buy the shit out of bitcoin and make 50%-100% instantly once withdrawals resume. The withdrawals will RESUME for sure it's just a matter of time. So far news in reddit hint for the withdrawals to resume within this week

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:19:34 PM

Today there was a video released of Mark Karpeles, he was walking outside the office holding a frapaccino and an umbrella, without a care in the world not giving a shit. The guy is a fucking survivor like it or not and Gox will be back.
Lol I was wondering where all the frapuccino references were coming from.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:26:16 PM

Personally i don't buy the whole "GOX WILL DIE" scenario, i'll tell you what, Gox will NOT die. Yes they are incompetent and have hurt the bitcoin community and themselves but one thing that's clear is they made ALOT of money and they are survivors.

If you have Fiat in GOX, i would buy the shit out of bitcoin and make 50%-100% instantly once withdrawals resume. The withdrawals will RESUME for sure it's just a matter of time. So far news in reddit hint for the withdrawals to resume within this week

Do you reckon that it is Gox themselves who are buying up all the ultra cheap Gox Bitcoins (the ones that are actually backed by Bitcoins in the blockchain ledger), and then arbitraging them on Bitstamp and the likes?

If I was a fucking dirty low life toad crooked little rat like Karpeles, that is what I would be doing right now.

Gox may 'survive' but only in the same way that a down and out glue sniffing proven kiddy-fiddling tramp living on the street 'survives'. Nobody with any sense in their head will want to have much to do with Gox if they can help it.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:27:48 PM

Do you reckon that it is Gox themselves who are buying up all the ultra cheap Bitcoins (the ones that are actually backed by Bitcoins in the blockchain ledger), and then arbitraging them on Bitstamp and the likes?

I think if they were arbitraging the exchange rates would be closer together.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

Do you reckon that it is Gox themselves who are buying up all the ultra cheap Bitcoins (the ones that are actually backed by Bitcoins in the blockchain ledger), and then arbitraging them on Bitstamp and the likes?

They may not be doing it yet. It was just last night that Gox hit $302 before a huge buy-in wave spiked it back up to $400.

GoxBTC were for a long time worth way above the market rate cos the only way to get funds out of Gox, was via Bitcoin, thus the price was bid up. Now Karpeles is saying that you can't get BTC out, but you can get Fiat. Now the only way to get funds out of an exchange which seems to be crashing and burning is to sell Bitcoin and convert to fiat. Thus the price is being driven down. One may go further and say that the price is being driven down by Karpeles's withdrawal policy.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
pietje

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:30:02 PM

They may not be doing it yet. It was just last night that Gox hit $302 before a huge buy-in wave spiked it back up to $400.

Thats a way to make up for the stolen coins Cheesy
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:30:41 PM

whoever sold at 300, must really hate themselves. well, can't say i didn't see that coming.

ok
pietje

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:31:41 PM

whoever sold at 300, must really hate themselves. well, can't say i didn't see that coming.

Whoever has coins or cash in gox should hate themselves..
And what do you think of the ppl who sold at 100 at btc-e after the price rushed back to 600?
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:32:11 PM

Ah shut the fuck up....u seen fuck all coming, never have and never will.

you will keep opening your mouth and letting a big load of bull-tard diarrhea spill out though.......and sometimes, it might just happen to make a pretty pattern on your shirt giving you the chance to say you 'knew it all along'.

Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:32:16 PM

Link to video please!
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:34:27 PM

The level of retardness and delusion is damn high at the moment. I have already seen posts from 4 different people who are sending money to Gox right now,
or would consider em damn lucky if they had their stash on there. I really don´t know what to think of that?
Are you guys serious?

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:35:28 PM

Link to video please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob9Ak1t09Ao

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:37:16 PM

The level of retardness and delusion is damn high at the moment. I have already seen posts from 4 different people who are sending money to Gox right now,
or would consider em damn lucky if they had their stash on there. I really don´t know what to think of that?
Are you guys serious?

Holy shit! LOL!  Cheesy

KARHU WILL BE PLEASED!

jatajuta

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:45:57 PM

I have money on Gox, I bought a lot of coins near 340.

Im trading btc since 2011, all my money is pure profit, I can afford to risk something to be exposed to one of the best buying opportunities in years.

Besides that, if you have a stop loss to protect your position you can always sell and withdraw cash, the transfer takes a while but it works.

Also, all this conspiracy bullshit is really the dumbest thing on earth, MtGox receives 0.5% of each trade 24/7, only today they received 120.000 USD on fees, only through the USD market.

They are alive and well, what you see is just bad managment and a huge growth rate for the company.

Can somebody say something about TradeHill, Bitcoinica, BitMarket, BitFloor, 50BTC and other exchanges that failed? MtGox was there and will be in the future...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
pietje

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:54:21 PM

Im trading btc since 2011, all my money is pure profit, I can afford to risk something to be exposed to one of the best buying opportunities in years.

Besides that, if you have a stop loss to protect your position you can always sell and withdraw cash, the transfer takes a while but it works.

Also, all this conspiracy bullshit is really the dumbest thing on earth, MtGox receives 0.5% of each trade 24/7, only today they received 120.000 USD on fees, only through the USD market.

They are alive and well, what you see is just bad managment and a huge growth rate for the company.

Can somebody say something about TradeHill, Bitcoinica, BitMarket, BitFloor, 50BTC and other exchanges that failed? MtGox was there and will be in the future...

Last time there where like 70000 btc stuck in withdrawals. Lets say there are double of that at gox (i think even way more) and they indeed lost those btc it would require around 100mil USD for them to buy those back at current stamp rate. They do have alot of fees now, but at normal days they dont.
jatajuta

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:00:16 PM

Last time there where like 70000 btc stuck in withdrawals. Lets say there are double of that at gox (i think even way more) and they indeed lost those btc it would require around 100mil USD for them to buy those back at current stamp rate. They do have alot of fees now, but at normal days they dont.

Okay, and where is the information that they lost any coin?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:45:19 PM

GoxBTC were for a long time worth way above the market rate cos the only way to get funds out of Gox, was via Bitcoin, thus the price was bid up. Now Karpeles is saying that you can't get BTC out, but you can get Fiat. Now the only way to get funds out of an exchange which seems to be crashing and burning is to sell Bitcoin and convert to fiat. Thus the price is being driven down. One may go further and say that the price is being driven down by Karpeles's withdrawal policy.

Ahem  Roll Eyes

I don't have first-hand experience but after all these months have fiat withdrawals really resumed?

By far the best thing to do is to buy cheap Bitcoins on Gox and wait. Then there are two possible outcomes:

1. When Bitcoin withdrawals are open again, take them out.

2. When Gox goes bust, join all the other poor buggers claiming your property back. The fact that it is Bitcoin or dollars missing won't make much difference to the process IMO. The only difference is that you will be able to sue for more if you have Bitcoin as Bitcoin will go up in value compared to dollars. (Not saying you are guaranteed to get anything back at all in this scenario of course).

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
BitApparel

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:48:00 PM

Can't you just deposit TO MTGOX?

$@$@$@$$@$------------------->>>          trade BTC/LTC leveraged @ bitfinex.com    AND

get 5% lifetime rebate!   use sign-up code   ------->       X1LTTXAjLV       PM after sign up !!!
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:49:25 PM

I think Mark Karpeles has arranged for that part of the business to run quite smoothly.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:50:08 PM

I think Mark Karpeles has arranged for that part of the business to run quite smoothly.

Tee Hee.

Good old Mark. At least it get's it right some of the time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: