Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:28:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A lot of hacks, whats the solution?  (Read 2616 times)
Serious Miner

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:31:17 AM

Yeah, it's one of the severe problems in cryptocurrency and for its investor. Hackers generally focus on hacking private keys/ seeds to take away investors money what they stored somewhere to exchange their money. To prevent and to be free from this dangerous hacker investors need to have good knowledge of surfing carefully different types of unknown websites. Not to store their private wallets and keys in several storages instead of storing in the computer drive or mobile phone they may store it on the paper in writing. That is how they prevent and can be free from hackers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iASIC

Activity: 308

AMA BCT

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:31:36 AM

its been half of 2018 and we have seen a lot hacks issue in crypto industry, exchanges, pools, traders everybody is being affected by this hacks.

what is the solution as i see hackers will not leave this chance as this industry is still in development mode( early stage).

is DEX are solutions for traders, let me know !
BTC
There are two solutions that prevent you from hackers and lose money. You should not put all your money on a trading floor, even though it's the biggest trading platform. You should only send in a Ledger Nano S purse and hold it for a long time. That is the best way to protect your property.
tonbit1239

Activity: 542
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 10:45:27 AM

You should always double-check the URLs of the site you will visit to avoid phishing and hack attacks. A lot of the mistakes happened because of unscropolous sites and cost them their investment and money. Better use only your own laptop, or PC and never open your account on a computer shop.

Code:
│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │

Jr Member

Code:
│      HUBRISONE.com      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌

Rewards
For 100-749 Followers/Friends 1 like+share = 1 stake
For 750-1499 Followers/Friends 1 like+share = 2 stakes
For 1500-2999 Followers/Friends 1 like+share = 3 stakes
For 3000+ Followers/Friends 1 like+share = 4 stakes

Application
1. Like this page : https://www.facebook.com/hubrisone1/
2. Register with this form: FACEBOOK FORM
3. You must write your report weekly in this thread before the week is over

Share in the following format
###FACEBOOK WEEK X###
Facebook Account Link:
Like+Share Link(s):

Rules
Participants must both share and like Hubrisone’s posts
Shares have to be spaced at least 15 minutes.
You must have minimum 100 followers/friends
Minimum 2 shares per week
Maximum 3 shares per day, and 15 shares per week
Account must be original
Like this page : https://www.facebook.com/hubrisone1/
Every share must include this hashtags and link : ''#HUBRISONE #HBRS Alpha App is now live ! Register and receive $10 in HBRS tokens in your wallet! Android: https://bit.ly/2EmPqPE IOS: https://apple.co/2rQtnJw ''

Reports are accepted only within the week dates specified above. Late reports will not be accepted.

Rewards
For 100-749 Followers/Friends 1 like+retweet = 1 stake
For 750-1499 Followers/Friends 1 like+retweet = 2 stakes
For 1500-9999 Followers/Friends 1 like+retweet = 3 stakes
For 10.000+ Followers/Friends 1 like+retweet = 4 stakes

Application
1. Follow these pages: https://twitter.com/hubrisone , https://twitter.com/hellobountyzz
2. Register with this form: TWITTER FORM
3. Check your audit score: https://www.twitt
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 05:46:03 AM

If people would use more cold wallets (Ledger Nano S, Trezor etc) instead of keeping their funds online on Exhanges hackers would be discouraged to perform so often attacks.

It's sad that people prefer less secure nethods just because they are free, then they come crying on forums that their tokens got stolen. A Ledger Nano is ~100$, is not a fortune and it help you to sleep better knowing that your coins are safe.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 06:29:39 AM

A lot of hacks can be mitigated by having users understand online security, good passwords (As complex as possible), most importantly 2FA which should be a prerequisite during registration! But I think to eliminate hacks completely from the space, DEX(Decentralized exchanges) have got to be considered and improved upon since they offer greater security then CEX(Centralized Exchanges). The drawbacks of DEX however is low liquidity and the lack of ease of FIAT integration!. I believe for the issue of liquidity, BINANCE will get that right on its DEX, now how they can integrate FIAT successfully is what must be looked at now. So DEX will drastically reduce hacks.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:11:29 AM

First of all, everyone is thinking about the wallet security can't you see hackers are not targeting the wallet because they know that that will be the Hard Way to crack the system and get money. So what they did is they targeted exchanges and trading platforms because those are much less secure than the wallet at least they have some chances because people often make mistakes. So to protect us from these hacks you can always go for two-factor authentication or you can choose not to spend your Bitcoins at all.
CryptoSwap_GlobalOfficial
Copper Member

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:30:25 AM

Well, Etherdelta has also been hacked before so I dont think DEX can be s solution.
To avoid being hacked I suggest you to buy a hardware wallet and also buy two PCs. On the first PC, use it for crypto related purposes and never visit any website which are not trusted. Only use it for living to your exchanges and checking wallet... . On the second PC use it for normal purposes.
Never use the same email for more than one exchange. Also never use your exchange email address to signup for ICOs or airdrops or any other site . I know an ICO who sold its user's emails without their knowledge so create a different email for ICO and airdrop purposes.

Well, thank you for your  useful advice. I 've ever been hacked so I want to get more information to advoid being hacked agian
MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:06:22 AM

It is happened that hacking is the big problem ever and for this the solution is by you like of you want to be safe from theft and hackers you should be silent, and these cases are happen in the case of theft and hacking causes severe problems but if you keep your privacy secret then you will be safe from these hacks.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:03:13 AM

its been half of 2018 and we have seen a lot hacks issue in crypto industry, exchanges, pools, traders everybody is being affected by this hacks.

what is the solution as i see hackers will not leave this chance as this industry is still in development mode( early stage).

BTC

I think you do first is make all your password a secret  (No one knows except you). Secondly  is dont trust any one to tell them how many token and what is the value of it to , Just keep it secret and most especially use a hard wallet that is surely secured.
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:24:00 AM

This is the type of questions I have always asked because I feel very tired of this hacking that seems not to have any solution. Hardware wallet seems to be the ways out for now. At least, one will be safe from them. Also make sure you don't leave your cryptocurrency on exchanges indefinitely.
rosemary4u

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:42:36 AM

Hardware and paper wallets is a good choice and then its your responsibility to protect your private keys and we all know that there's a lot phishing sites so bookmark the legit and don't enter it because you might end up on a fake site.

I also agree that DEX is not the solutions, because hackers will always be there at our back looking for that perfect time to exploit and steal our funds. We might be clamouring for exchanges to be very vigilant of any suspicious activity on their front and back end and make the necessary adjustment in cases of a potential hack (like suspending withdrawals).
Exactly, every now and then there are many issues affecting people in the world of crypto and protection from scams is one important issue that always comes up. I believe we can do more to attract people to attract more investors if the right ways to protect our funds from hackers is strengthen in order to protect valuable stuffs such as private keys.
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:55:45 AM

The crypto market is still very young, and naturally, he now has a lot of security problems. But it seems to me that the level of security is constantly increasing. Not only wallets and applications, but also exchanges are becoming more secure. In most cases, the users themselves are guilty of hacking into users' wallets, as they often do not observe the elementary safety rules. I have a friend who has kept the keys to the wallet on the desktop of his laptop for a year. I think not the only one.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:11:02 PM

Unfortunately, the more cryptocurrency develops, the more hackers appear and they also improve their skills, as bitcoin hacking is a gold mine for them. But I believe in the power and security of technology, so I don't think hackers will ever be able to get to it. And investors should use only reliable, proven wallets.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:13:08 PM

The very best solution is to not to leave all one's valuables coin in just one exchanger wallet. There are lot's of exchanges that offers same trading and we shouldn't just rely or put all our eggs in just only basket.
Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:36:51 PM

Unfortunately or fortunately, the safety of your personal coins is up to you. I don't think hackers will be able to get to bitcoin itself, but they can quite easily get to you if you don't take care of the secure storage. This really should be given a lot of time.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:38:49 PM

hackers cannot be dammed, a sophisticated security like Nasa or American defense has also been hacked, to overcome this wallet address from the default is very precise by making a backup key in the folder that has been created, This can minimize the occurrence of hacking.
Gagah119

Activity: 295

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:49:35 PM

My strategy is not to put cryptocurrencies in the exchange's wallet!
Put the cryptocurrency in your local wallet and wait until you need to trade to go to the exchange's wallet!

I agree with you, I also do what you do, even though I lose a little on transaction fees, I think that is the safest way besides using Ledger Nano S wallet, Trezor etc.
ninabobo

Activity: 463

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:50:14 PM

BTC

yes that's true, but I've never experienced it myself. so I only read from member posts here. and if I observe, most of them are purely due to personal mistakes. carelessness and ignorance make crypto loss

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 02:50:20 PM

It rarely happens on individually, much more on running networks that involves lots of transaction, eventually hacker could get a glimpse of any possibility the breach the network, internally or externally. It involves millions of tokens tht could be easily washed away if they are good, thats not possible for any real world financial instrument as they are regulated so strictly, hackers would be around until the market

altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 03:06:57 PM

The best solution to save your wallet from any hacking attack is hardware wallet as that wallet don't have any password or private key, which hackers try to steal from you through many ways. There are many good hardware wallets are available in the market and you can choose anyone as per your choice.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: