Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:47:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the biggest problem that crypto faces today?
Regulation - 5 (18.5%)
Scammers - 13 (48.1%)
Mass Adoption - 1 (3.7%)
Real world use - 7 (25.9%)
Security - 0 (0%)
Too early - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 473 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal  (Read 635403 times)
4thKind

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:14:08 PM

Does someone know the dev? Perhaps it would be time for him to get online...

It's pretty obvious what's going on here.   Other than Dopey being incarcerated or incapacitated in some manner, the coin has either been abandoned by the developers or they are intentionally trying to tank the price in an effort to buy up / mine a significant percentage of the coin before they release whatever they're working on so they can get a huge payday on the ensuing pump.     Even when he was partially active a month ago, he just flat out refused to update the wallet link in the OP.   The link gets you a wallet version that is pre-fork and it won't sync.   C'mon... that means you don't want new people to adopt the coin for some reason.   It's really shady and has been from the very beginning here.   It seems kind of retarded to put so much time and effort into something and then just give up but who knows for sure?  If he just didn't have time right now because of whatever else is going on in life he would still check in every few days and string us along.   Do you really believe he hasn't read this thread for 20 days?   I'm not buying it.   So... You either hold and gamble or dump out now and take what you can.   If Dopey don't show up in the next couple days it's likely to get real ugly on mintpal next week.. but maybe that's the plan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 03:50:47 PM

It's pretty obvious what's going on here.   Other than Dopey being incarcerated or incapacitated in some manner, the coin has either been abandoned by the developers or they are intentionally trying to tank the price in an effort to buy up / mine a significant percentage of the coin before they release whatever they're working on so they can get a huge payday on the ensuing pump.     Even when he was partially active a month ago, he just flat out refused to update the wallet link in the OP.   The link gets you a wallet version that is pre-fork and it won't sync.   C'mon... that means you don't want new people to adopt the coin for some reason.   It's really shady and has been from the very beginning here.   It seems kind of retarded to put so much time and effort into something and then just give up but who knows for sure?  If he just didn't have time right now because of whatever else is going on in life he would still check in every few days and string us along.   Do you really believe he hasn't read this thread for 20 days?   I'm not buying it.   So... You either hold and gamble or dump out now and take what you can.   If Dopey don't show up in the next couple days it's likely to get real ugly on mintpal next week.. but maybe that's the plan.

Ummm... that would've been the case if there was some volume on the coin. No one's really bought anything significant for their "huge payday". Its abandoned. There is no ticking clock to the last day's last hour of Q3 or whatever. The buy orders are vanishing and the sells are increasing significantly. You just need to step back and see that when the dev doesnt show up for 20 days, for any coin, its not really any part of a "grand plan". In most cases the simplest answer is the correct one.

I also don't think there is or was anything shady about anything really. At one point, this community was pretty much the best place to be, with a kick ass dev and brimming with positivity. But as with most long term planned coins, traders became impatient and deferred gratification was no longer acceptable. The leadership was questioned and suggestions cropped up (I too offered my share of free advices). Not adhering to these "temporary" solutions further angered the mob and I guess a point came when everyone asks themselves the question: "Is this worth my time?"

To be honest, It's not. I don't blame Dopey or the other devs for the disappearances. I would've done the same if I was in their place.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
4thKind

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:51:17 PM

Ummm... that would've been the case if there was some volume on the coin. No one's really bought anything significant for their "huge payday". Its abandoned. There is no ticking clock to the last day's last hour of Q3 or whatever. The buy orders are vanishing and the sells are increasing significantly. You just need to step back and see that when the dev doesnt show up for 20 days, for any coin, its not really any part of a "grand plan". In most cases the simplest answer is the correct one.

I also don't think there is or was anything shady about anything really. At one point, this community was pretty much the best place to be, with a kick ass dev and brimming with positivity. But as with most long term planned coins, traders became impatient and deferred gratification was no longer acceptable. The leadership was questioned and suggestions cropped up (I too offered my share of free advices). Not adhering to these "temporary" solutions further angered the mob and I guess a point came when everyone asks themselves the question: "Is this worth my time?"

To be honest, It's not. I don't blame Dopey or the other devs for the disappearances. I would've done the same if I was in their place.

There certainly has been enough volume and concentrated mining going on here for the last 2 months to accumulate a very significant position without creating upward pressure on the price, if you did it smart.   

There is a ticking clock here.  It's set for June 30.  The dev himself was the one who set the expectation, and reiterated it in one of his last posts here.    Whether that expectation is met, exceeded, or missed the market will react. 

I didn't see any angry mob or mass exodus from the coin due to impatience.   It was a slow steady decline as the developer became more and more aloof after the much expected 4/20 pump and the necessary hard fork a few days later.   If the coin was on schedule to have this supposedly revolutionary new coin mixing feature implemented and we had some regular updates it would right now be trading at an all time high.    The community here has always been really cool and level headed, especially when you compare it to the nursery school that was the potcoin subreddit about 2 months ago.   Even after all their amateur moves in the beginning  they got it together, stayed the course, and the coin is now headed for greatness.   It seems like you are blaming this  community for the developer abandoning the coin, and I'm sure many people here take offense to that. 
mewhy

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:02:55 AM

Both developers and communities WERE great. That's why I believed in both Potcoin and Dopecoin. After 4/20, things just went to crap. There was a pump of both coins on 4/20. Potcoin survived. Maybe Dopey cashed out with the pump.

In any event, it's clearly up to the community to take charge.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 06:10:26 AM

It seems like you are blaming this  community for the developer abandoning the coin, and I'm sure many people here take offense to that. 

Of course not. To say that would be to acknowledge that the community asserted power over Dopey. That is far from true. Dopey had complete control over the thread and started the venture with a vision. That vision was not shared by members of the community who joined in later, and there is some truth in that. As for the angry mob, yes there was one for a while. The nethash was dangerously low to secure the coin, People were moving away from scrypt, ASICS had more profitable coins to mine, Dopey did not want to change the algo to the flavor of the month, the flood of other shitcoins took its toll on everyone. Dilution was inevitable. It was more and more looking like the vision was fading away and all that money and time spent were wasted.

It only made sense to pull back and cut losses. It hardly has anything to do with the community.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:56:49 AM

It's nearly impossible to please everyone with respects to this project. When we first started DopeCoin we poured in a tremendous amount of effort and time, working day and night to bring value to the coin. Now that we have taken a few weeks to breath we have sadly set ourselves up for criticism.

I must admit though that I really needed some time to take care of other obligations in my life that I had neglected during DopeCoin's startup months.

For those of you that can understand this situation I thank you for your consideration.  But as I mentioned before, it is impossible to please everyone.

DopeCoin was never intended to be a quick flip that would get people rich within a few months and rather is more of a long term play that absolutely does require the rest of the main stream world to get more involved in decentralized currencies. Additionally the key to success with this project is mainstream use from a large marketplace. Which has not yet happened as well.

Small promotional events, and marketing gimmicks have not provided the intended results we were hoping for and it is now time to get back to the fundamental aspects that will make this project a success.

We have a tremendous amount of infrastructure in place and the foundation has been laid to promote future growth while providing resources and activities for our small user base.

Patience is a virtue my friends, please bare with me through this process.

Hope everyone is well,

Dopey

We are not going anywhere! Dope is a long term play!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo9NFRC_dTo

We just need patience. Dopey says he is in this for the long term.
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:44:50 AM

It's nearly impossible to please everyone with respects to this project. When we first started DopeCoin we poured in a tremendous amount of effort and time, working day and night to bring value to the coin. Now that we have taken a few weeks to breath we have sadly set ourselves up for criticism.

I must admit though that I really needed some time to take care of other obligations in my life that I had neglected during DopeCoin's startup months.

For those of you that can understand this situation I thank you for your consideration.  But as I mentioned before, it is impossible to please everyone.

DopeCoin was never intended to be a quick flip that would get people rich within a few months and rather is more of a long term play that absolutely does require the rest of the main stream world to get more involved in decentralized currencies. Additionally the key to success with this project is mainstream use from a large marketplace. Which has not yet happened as well.

Small promotional events, and marketing gimmicks have not provided the intended results we were hoping for and it is now time to get back to the fundamental aspects that will make this project a success.

We have a tremendous amount of infrastructure in place and the foundation has been laid to promote future growth while providing resources and activities for our small user base.

Patience is a virtue my friends, please bare with me through this process.

Hope everyone is well,

Dopey

We are not going anywhere! Dope is a long term play!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo9NFRC_dTo

We just need patience. Dopey says he is in this for the long term.

+1 Dopey has put over $20,000 of his own money into Dopecoin.  He has not given up, this is not some stupid attempt to control the market as mentioned.  This is simply as he stated he has other obligations and cant focus on dope right at this moment.  When he has the time he will do his best.  But theres no reason to assume abandonment at this point.  I have mentioned he needs to change the OP im sure he will get around to it, just crazy times for him right now. 

No worries Dopey do what you gotta do.  Just dont forget about us Smiley.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:27:59 AM

Unfortunately, true decentralized trustless mixing is soon to hit the market in quite a few coins, most notably Supercoin.  Dopecoin has simply idled too long and missed the bus.  Missing the original target date will be the coup de grace.
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

Unfortunately, true decentralized trustless mixing is soon to hit the market in quite a few coins, most notably Supercoin.  Dopecoin has simply idled too long and missed the bus.  Missing the original target date will be the coup de grace.

The owner of Dope was just a bullshit guy, i told him, 1000 times, millions times, YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR COIN, MOVE IN THE DIRECTION THAT THE MARKET WANTS, nono, i will add demand, he didn't add anything, he added a lot of electricity lose for us.
Perl++

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:26:48 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/51887837.jpg
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:37:42 AM

Welcome to Q3.  You missed your deadline.  What a shame.
mewhy

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:58:58 AM

Let's wake the coin up. $11,000 and $16 of activity.  Sad
Zircoinium

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:51:53 AM

No point. Dev has abandoned us and the coin has no value.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:53:09 AM

From the moment he blocked me on skype i already knew enough, just hoping on those mintpal pumps & dumps as this coin is worthless. All my power is now on Nuahcoin, after the huge profit on Voot Cheesy
Zircoinium

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:05:43 AM

From the moment he blocked me on skype i already knew enough, just hoping on those mintpal pumps & dumps as this coin is worthless. All my power is now on Nuahcoin, after the huge profit on Voot Cheesy
I gave up on cryptocurrency as a whole after all of my funds were stolen.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:51:40 AM

I gave up on cryptocurrency as a whole after all of my funds were stolen.

I hope it was not a lot of money. i have been running profit a lot lately. VOOT, SUPER, OTC, GRK, now hoping on TAK, NOAH, SUM2
polz

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:02:07 PM

pool very slowly 1 hour and no block
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:09:43 PM

pool very slowly 1 hour and no block

That is also something that i have complained about, his coin is shit, sometimes it takes 30mins before it find one block!!! Mining this is really a waste of money.
boneee

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:38:11 PM

Net Hashrate was yesterday at 10Mh/s  And today its at 80Mh/s
titer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:53:55 PM

can' t  open  the  link:http://dope.scryptominers.com

why??

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. SsNiqvSNX5r8hbcAvfXiM7NKFQGSr2d7jT
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 473 »
  Print  

Jump to: