Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:21:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the biggest problem that crypto faces today?
Regulation - 5 (18.5%)
Scammers - 13 (48.1%)
Mass Adoption - 1 (3.7%)
Real world use - 7 (25.9%)
Security - 0 (0%)
Too early - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 473 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal  (Read 635408 times)
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 08:55:37 AM

Can the new dev please discuss his plans? What is possible? What is not possible?

I want to do the marketing for the new DOPE, but i need to know the plan.

Hello, world!

Sorry for the delay in answering - we've been extremely busy setting up our systems for the 9/11 @ 9:11 launch.

Placebo, we'll get back to your question within a day or two. Thank you for your patience!

Dopecoindude, the IRC channel is an excellent thing! I'll be there as well ASAP.

Altcoin.Center will also be providing a discussion board for each coin so that's another great place to give feedback, make proposals etc.

Again, sorry for the delay in communications!

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center dev crew lead

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:11:45 AM

Can the new dev please discuss his plans? What is possible? What is not possible?

I want to do the marketing for the new DOPE, but i need to know the plan.

Hello, world!

Sorry for the delay in answering - we've been extremely busy setting up our systems for the 9/11 @ 9:11 launch.

Placebo, we'll get back to your question within a day or two. Thank you for your patience!

Dopecoindude, the IRC channel is an excellent thing! I'll be there as well ASAP.

Altcoin.Center will also be providing a discussion board for each coin so that's another great place to give feedback, make proposals etc.

Again, sorry for the delay in communications!

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center dev crew lead

Just let me know the plans so that i can start creating a hype, we need to try to get on Bittrex. It is all based on hyping your coin to get listed there.
altcoin.center

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 09:21:24 AM

Just let me know the plans so that i can start creating a hype, we need to try to get on Bittrex. It is all based on hyping your coin to get listed there.

I would love to - but simply do not have the time right now. We've been working 24/7 for the past couple of weeks to get everything set up and the rush will continue until the launch tomorrow.

Also, instead of just giving a dictatorial announcement of what will happen, we'll rather tune in to what the Dopecoin fans have in mind and come up with A Perfect (tm) solution based on the collective brainpower. So, before anything definitive can be said, a meeting of the wise will have to take place.

What I can tell right now is that Dopecoin will soon include

- Kimoto Gravity Well
- A secure messaging system a la Bitmessage
- 100% P2P coin mixing feature (no central servers required)

A lot more is cooking under the surface, but as I said, we'll need a bit more time and preparing before it's time for the hype to kick in. Wink

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:42:34 PM

One of my question..

1. What will we do with the dilution of coins? Currently DOPE has 65M coins or so, that is the same amount as ETHAN (for example). Dope is trading at 10 sats, ETHAN was trading at 388 sats. Will we change the block rewards so that we don't dilute too much more? I suppose that you as new DEV are planning to buy a nice big stake in DOPE, else it doesn't make sense, working like crazy, and not earning money.

So my suggestion is:

Add the anon chat & Ethansend on Dope (should be a merge of code, so with a skilled developer it maybe take 3 or 4 days)
Reduce the block rewards to only 50 coins per block.
Talk with coinking.io and multipool for a multipool on DOPE
Talk with Bittrex to add DOPE.

and all of this should bring DOPE to 50 - 75 sats.

altcoin.center

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 01:50:06 PM

One of my question..

1. What will we do with the dilution of coins? Currently DOPE has 65M coins or so, that is the same amount as ETHAN (for example). Dope is trading at 10 sats, ETHAN was trading at 388 sats. Will we change the block rewards so that we don't dilute too much more? I suppose that you as new DEV are planning to buy a nice big stake in DOPE, else it doesn't make sense, working like crazy, and not earning money.

So my suggestion is:

Add the anon chat & Ethansend on Dope (should be a merge of code, so with a skilled developer it maybe take 3 or 4 days)

Good question and excellent ideas!

I do have a decent amount of Dope in store - I mined it long before I got involved with the development. There are also indirect factors (such as the positive PR effect of having Dope represented at Altcoin.Center) that do provide me with some personal good if/when Dopecoin does well.

However, money has never been a motivator for me, and I have given immense (some would say insane) amounts of time and energy for projects that I see have the potential of doing and creating good for everyone. This is particularly so when it comes to Dopecoin, for several reasons many of which have to do with how significant I know the potential of Cannabis is as the cure for the mankind.

I agree it is probably wise to decrease the block reward when the next version of Dopecoin is to be launched. We'll have to do some more specific calculations about this, though.

Altcoin.Center will be providing a pool for DOPE, and I'll be happy to initiate negotiations coinking.io and multipool as well.

Bittrex is certainly worth contacting too, so I'll add that on the TODO list as well. Altcoin.Center will open an exchange on September the 30th too.

Thanks again for the comments and ideas - please keep them coming!

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:11:49 PM

One of my question..

So my suggestion is:

Good question and excellent ideas!

I do have a decent amount of Dope in store - I mined it long before I got involved with the development. There are also indirect factors (such as the positive PR effect of having Dope represented at Altcoin.Center) that do provide me with some personal good if/when Dopecoin does well.

However, money has never been a motivator for me, and I have given immense (some would say insane) amounts of time and energy for projects that I see have the potential of doing and creating good for everyone. This is particularly so when it comes to Dopecoin, for several reasons many of which have to do with how significant I know the potential of Cannabis is as the cure for the mankind.

I agree it is probably wise to decrease the block reward when the next version of Dopecoin is to be launched. We'll have to do some more specific calculations about this, though.

Altcoin.Center will be providing a pool for DOPE, and I'll be happy to initiate negotiations coinking.io and multipool as well.

Bittrex is certainly worth contacting too, so I'll add that on the TODO list as well. Altcoin.Center will open an exchange on September the 30th too.

Thanks again for the comments and ideas - please keep them coming!

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

of course, a coin is not just a money machine, it most be part of your soul, something to be happy of, something that you can say. Look i go to the shop and i pay with my own coin and not dollars, or euros. But that is indirectly linked with making money too, how more services you can bring to the people how more people that want to use it. Check the Ethan thread, there is someone that is starting a ATM network with 10 coins, still to be defined which ones, but if we can have a option to be listed in the 10 coins then that would be great.

PS: i know this guy, but we first need to bring some power to DOPE.
altcoin.center

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 04:46:38 PM

of course, a coin is not just a money machine, it most be part of your soul, something to be happy of, something that you can say. Look i go to the shop and i pay with my own coin and not dollars, or euros. But that is indirectly linked with making money too, how more services you can bring to the people how more people that want to use it. Check the Ethan thread, there is someone that is starting a ATM network with 10 coins, still to be defined which ones, but if we can have a option to be listed in the 10 coins then that would be great.

I totally agree.

I'll check the Ethan thread - sounds interesting!

I was just recently involved in a start-up that was also about to roll out a Bitcoin / altcoin related ATM network.

DOPE has all the potential, and yes - it does need some powering up to release it.

The situation is looking really good, especially since the users and fans of DOPE are clearly active and motivated to keep the coin rolling.

I'm convinced there's a start of something really significant taking place here.

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:33:27 PM

I totally agree.

I'll check the Ethan thread - sounds interesting!

I was just recently involved in a start-up that was also about to roll out a Bitcoin / altcoin related ATM network.

DOPE has all the potential, and yes - it does need some powering up to release it.

The situation is looking really good, especially since the users and fans of DOPE are clearly active and motivated to keep the coin rolling.

I'm convinced there's a start of something really significant taking place here.

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

It is all up to you Cheesy The previous DEV, mmm ,he didn't understand the need of change and dropped it after some time. I hope you can bring DOPE back in the picture, this was a +1000sat coin in the beginning. Of course now a lot more coins has hit the market, but still, innovation, and we are back in business.
boneee

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:32:42 PM

So much is happening behind the scenes right now!

Stay tuned! Wink

That is good news.
can't wait to hear what the plans are.

Greet Boneee
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:45:00 PM

Stay tuned! Wink

That is good news.

Greet Boneee

More important, can't wait to hear AND SPREAD!!!! the news!!!
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 08:07:01 PM

Stay tuned! Wink

That is good news.

Greet Boneee

More important, can't wait to hear AND SPREAD!!!! the news!!!

Good discussion held by all.  Looking forward to getting things re-started!  Grin

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:16:47 PM

94,445,513 DOPE

So much coins, i didn't check it for some time of course. Better try to reduce the extra coins a lot. There are still plenty of cheap coins available on the market, so if we can stay below 100M DOPE coins then it would be great.
dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 08:23:12 PM

94,445,513 DOPE

So much coins, i didn't check it for some time of course. Better try to reduce the extra coins a lot. There are still plenty of cheap coins available on the market, so if we can stay below 100M DOPE coins then it would be great.

I didn't realize there was that many coins also. That is a bit of coins.

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:27:51 PM

94,445,513 DOPE

I didn't realize there was that many coins also. That is a bit of coins.

THat was one of the reasons why i said that 2 or 3 months ago, this coin is being diluted too much!!!
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:28:44 PM

I'm not DEV, but i would move to fully POS

Add multipool, add Dopesend, add anon chat, and really start promoting.
altcoin.center

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 08:31:14 PM

94,445,513 DOPE

I have a hunch that lots of these coins were mined in the anticipation, that DOPE would become widely used as the currency for purchasing pot.

One risk free way to reduce the amount of DOPE in circulation would be to co-operate with legal vendors of cannabis in the US and elsewhere.

I'll give this some further thought asap - now I'll have to concentrate in making Altcoin.Center ready for tomorrow's launch.

Just got the DOPE pool working.  Cool

dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 08:36:39 PM

94,445,513 DOPE

I have a hunch that lots of these coins were mined in the anticipation, that DOPE would become widely used as the currency for purchasing pot.

One risk free way to reduce the amount of DOPE in circulation would be to co-operate with legal vendors of cannabis in the US and elsewhere.

I'll give this some further thought asap - now I'll have to concentrate in making Altcoin.Center ready for tomorrow's launch.

I just sent you a message on BitMessage Wink

Yes, the a lot of coins where mined with anticipation the coin would be the ideal "darkmarket" type coin , or even pot.  Co-op of legal vendors is a great suggestion and one thing I was looking into before things de-railed a little bit.   Cool to hear about the DOPE pool Wink

altcoin.center

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 08:37:21 PM

Moving to PoS is definitely worth considering.

Anon chat (with some über security features such as self-destructing messages) will definitely be there.

Serious promoting will kick in as soon as everything is ready. Won't take long but we have to be well prepared for all the attention.  Cool

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:39:29 PM

94,445,513 DOPE

Look there are a lot of coins with a lot more coins available then DOPE at the moment and trading 300 times higher (and more) then DOPE.So the current number of coins are there, and cannot be changed, but we can massively reduce the new coins added to the blockchain, and with the right promotion you can make DOPE a $500K coin.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:41:12 PM

Moving to PoS is definitely worth considering.

Anon chat (with some über security features such as self-destructing messages) will definitely be there.

Serious promoting will kick in as soon as everything is ready. Won't take long but we have to be well prepared for all the attention.  Cool

+1

You know what you're talking about!!!  Also a POD would be nice, check cryptoasian for adding a POD. It is not really really important, but it can help for tweets on twitter.
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 473 »
  Print  

Jump to: