Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:25:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: shouldn't we plant billions of trees now? because  (Read 1388 times)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 01:23:39 PM

shouldn't we plant billions of trees now? because

oxygen level since 1990

and there are more than 2000 species of trees with edible fruits and nuts and berries

trees produce 21 Million calories per acre

trees produce oxygen and wealth and wildlife habitat and food and timber.

cows produce 1 Million calories per acre

cows produce

Methane which is 30 times higher effect heat-trapping greenhouse gas

i heard that seaplants and algea do 90% of carbon oxigen transmission

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:40:56 PM

Your post really got me thinking.Why really now no one is engaged in planting trees.After all, it is so important for humanity.And very easy to do.I planted a nut this year.I think that everyone should do it.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:41:20 PM

Wow this is very alarming, I had no idea oxygen levels have dropped this low from the removal of trees.  It's a shame most humans care more about profits instead of protecting the environment.  The wealth wont mean anything in the future if our planet is a barren wasteland with all of it's natural beauty ravaged.
LuckyDestroyer

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:01:41 AM

We should plant more trees. Planted in the right places around buildings, trees can significantly reduce air-conditioning costs. This means less Freon, an inflammable and odorless chemical emitted from air conditioners. It is considered to have damaging effects to the ozone layer. And trees improve air quality by producing oxygen. They also store carbon, offsetting harmful byproducts of fossil-fuel burning.
pginvest

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:22:36 PM

I am not sure is it millions or billions but I think yes we should definitely be planting lots of trees. In particular on land that is not productive for other things, there is no negative impact that I can think of.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Nicholson55

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:51:52 PM

We should plant more trees. Planted in the right places around buildings, trees can significantly reduce air-conditioning costs. This means less Freon, an inflammable and odorless chemical emitted from air conditioners. It is considered to have damaging effects to the ozone layer. And trees improve air quality by producing oxygen. They also store carbon, offsetting harmful byproducts of fossil-fuel burning.
I agree that the shade from trees can truly be invaluable. There are other factors to keep in mind though. Maybe people prefer to just remove all the trees around their property. This can be for the risk of the trees falling. A large tree can cause very serious damage to a home. You have to keep in mind the climate of your region. If you are in a place prone to hurricanes, it may not be wise to have a lot of trees near your home.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:11:12 PM

Not only that, it is important for us to do this now so that we could at least help save the planet. Earth is falling apart and some of us are not paying attention to it or are denying the fact that we are all responsible for whatever is going on in our planet and that is the sad part. Planting trees may not be much, but it will be a big step towards trying to alleviate the effects of global warming.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:26:18 AM

Not only that, it is important for us to do this now so that we could at least help save the planet. Earth is falling apart and some of us are not paying attention to it or are denying the fact that we are all responsible for whatever is going on in our planet and that is the sad part. Planting trees may not be much, but it will be a big step towards trying to alleviate the effects of global warming.

Why?

Why must it be TREES?

maybe it should be marihuana.

Or bamboo, which is a grass, not a tree.
Idol_Network

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:25:14 AM

We should take more care about our ocean too (http://www.ecology.com/2011/09/12/important-organism/):
"It is estimated that marine plants produce between 70 and 80 percent of the oxygen in the atmosphere. Nearly all marine plants are single celled, photosynthetic algae."

Another organisms to take note of is the Phytoplankton (https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Phytoplankton):
"Like land plants, phytoplankton have chlorophyll to capture sunlight, and they use photosynthesis to turn it into chemical energy. They consume carbon dioxide, and release oxygen."
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:14:49 PM

We should take more care about our ocean too (http://www.ecology.com/2011/09/12/important-organism/):
"It is estimated that marine plants produce between 70 and 80 percent of the oxygen in the atmosphere. Nearly all marine plants are single celled, photosynthetic algae."

Another organisms to take note of is the Phytoplankton (https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Phytoplankton):
"Like land plants, phytoplankton have chlorophyll to capture sunlight, and they use photosynthesis to turn it into chemical energy. They consume carbon dioxide, and release oxygen."

Wait, so we should plant more algae?

I could plant millions or billions of algae but only a few trees.
mfyilmaz

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:09:16 PM

Yeah we should start a campain and start planting some trees so we can left a better world behind for our kids and grandchildren because I want them to live in a better world. Thats the reason I started investing in cryptos and decentralised payment systems so we can fight the capitalists and gain power over our money... I hope we can do this one day and until then we need to do every effort to make the world better...
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:50:01 PM

First thing to do must be deforestration so we limit damaging nature. Then identify areas that require tree planting. But identify what correct species of tree should be planted in those areas and.

No, I'm definitely planting algae. No trees. There are enough trees.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:05:06 PM

Yes, of course. We should really start now to lessen the risk of being harmed by what we do to our planet. Deforestation should stop. It is sad how can they just cut trees without thinking that this would affect our planet. It is also sad to think that even though there are already visble effects on our planet, we still don't do something. I believe that small act would always makes a difference. In just simply planting trees once a year, you start to make difference. And that would be a fulfilling sensation if we would see that this small act would makes a big difference.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:18:18 PM

The Chinese have been planting trees since the 70's. I think the numbers are somewhere in the realm of 66 billion trees planted.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=china+planting+trees

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:40:09 AM

The Chinese have been planting trees since the 70's. I think the numbers are somewhere in the realm of 66 billion trees planted.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=china+planting+trees

Shouldn't we then plant trillions?

m.roth

Activity: 44
Merit: 5

/be the change/

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:17:17 AM

There are projects doing it; BioCarbon Engineering (BCE) e.g. are planting trees with the help of drones since tree Tongue years or so. We have to carefully assess the predominant ecosystem, but I don't think we would have to worry to much about it (we never did), since there are many places to go without disturbing a system. Projects like Ecosia showed that also in deserty areas, reforestation and creating new ecosystems is possible.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 09:54:43 AM

Trees are not just oxygenators, they provide many more benefits to the world. They breakdown toxins in the soil, and they provide homes for the wildlife. Those are just two of the extra benefits they provide.

The first stage is to stop chopping down the existing trees. The first thing new house owners seem to do these days is to cut down the trees, and to grub out the hedges in their "new" house. Their lives and health will be the poorer as a result of this. Another problem is the move to monoculture farming. Large fields are created by removing trees and hedges, and toxic fertilisers and pesticides have to be used. The loss of the trees alows the pesticides to be wind distributed around the area, and this can prevent organic farming.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:22:31 AM

We should have already been planting trees since decades ago. I think right now is late, but still, better late than never, right? A lot of countries all over the world are suffering from natural disasters. Many of them somehow correlated with the destruction of the environment and the removal of trees. Think mining. There are literally hundreds if not thousand of mountains where thousands of trees are removed for the sake of mining and money.
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:25:19 PM

Trees are an important resource that plays a big role in our lives. It is impossible to stop deforestation, but it is necessary to plant young seedlings, at least at the place of the cut.
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:37:32 PM

I've heard that planting trees at this point is useless.Estimations state that even planting the entire planet with trees wouldn't be sufficient to avoid earth's temperature keep getting higher."Planting trees hype" became just an excuse for associations to earn quick bucks.
Instead,we need to limit usage of fossil energy and replace it by other sources of energy environment-friendly like sun and wind.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄