Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:08:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2991 times)
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:56:22 PM

I think that yes, why not? I am not an expert but to my mind, btc is the best coin ever and we need to consider buying it as well as ether which is also a good way to earn today taking not many efforts
Jackolantern

Activity: 321

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:08:12 PM

I think that it is possible to have the shortage of btc but it is not 100% that this will happen. to my mind, btc is a powerful coin and soon more and more people will understand this and buy it

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
gusnulyadi

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:08:39 PM

21 million bitcoin supplies will definitely not be enough for everyone. But we also know, every bitcoin can be divided into billions of satoshi maybe with this division, everyone's need for bitcoin can be fulfilled.
Gireesh.giri

Activity: 130

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:11:26 PM

To store the bitcoin their are many way to store
Jannatul Shefa

Activity: 312
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:19:13 PM

For now it won't happen. Because now not the whole world depends on it. Only the crypto investors and user connected with bitcoin. But if its possible that bitcoin will be a global currency than it can be happen that bitcoin will be short for the whole world.

Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:22:24 PM

The total supply of bitcoin will not be enough for the entire world population when it's ready for global adoption. It will result in its price rise, many people will be as lucky as owning a few satoshi.
SventraPapere

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:28:07 PM

This is the high cost of bitcoin.If there were an unlimited number of them,it would not cost so much.This is why alternative coins are created.Ethereum is certainly in the lead.But look at the stock exchange.I've lost count of how many new coins there are.Each performs its task.And Bitcoin is gold!)))

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
NowLovebed

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:51:33 AM

This supply causes price to go up as more people want to buy the token. However there can never be shortage of a coin as long as the coin is liquid, being traded continuously. So at every time there will be always be sellers and buyers. For this reason, there can never be shortage of bitcoin but there can be price increase.
ace1105

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:16:21 AM

This supply causes price to go up as more people want to buy the token. However there can never be shortage of a coin as long as the coin is liquid, being traded continuously. So at every time there will be always be sellers and buyers. For this reason, there can never be shortage of bitcoin but there can be price increase.

You are right, bitcoin only have a fix supply and some of them already lost in some wallet that cannot be recovered so as time passes by the price of bitcoin rises up more.
novak hiel

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:18:23 PM

There is a possibility that Bitcoin can undergo shortage in future. This shortage keeps the price of Bitcoin high in the market. If it was cheaper and available to all, then maybe it wouldn't have been this popular in the market.
bagalkot

Activity: 85
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:01:40 PM
Merited by hubballi (4)

There is a possibility that Bitcoin can undergo shortage in future. This shortage keeps the price of Bitcoin high in the market. If it was cheaper and available to all, then maybe it wouldn't have been this popular in the market.

I have said before also that their will be shortage but the price valuation will change and that time 1 sat will be equal to 1 usd so the ratio will be equal and who ever will be holding 1 btc will be like a billionaire.

Like how in the initial stage lot of users were holding lot of btc but value of the btc was 1 usd or less. and some of them just lost the wallet details as the price was very low and who ever kept it safe also sold it in 2017.

So in coming days the coin will be divided between more users and high stake users will become less.
OSEIBOATENG

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 11:25:01 PM

Looking at how the blockchain was created and the kind of coin btc is. Always people are buying and selling btc so we have a large amount of circulating volume. The moment people try to only hodl and not sell is when we will see shortage.
Angry_Bird

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:33:17 PM

What do you mean BTC shortage? I guess if so many people wanted to buy BTC they would have to buy a certain amount of satoshi, and that's it. Of course BTC is limited and we all know this.

billionaireSHS

Activity: 269

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:54:31 PM

Well, shortage will be avoid if there's a balance between investing and selling. But for me, it is good of there is a high investment, since investing is the reason to increase bitcoin that is why the more the investment the more the higher the bitcoin price is. Smiley

cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:35:25 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

I think its no because 21 mlllion bittcoin spreadout all over the world inside virtual digital system it  will not srotage even 100 years.
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:44:29 PM

The possibility of bitcoin deficiency because of too large demand can also occur, but it is still too far to think about, because what matters most to me is how we can take advantage of the situation and conditions that are happening to bitcoin price movements in order to benefit in bitcoin investment.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 01:48:02 PM

As we all know that halving is a part of it and the supply of Bitcoin is going to diminish over the period of time so the law of demand will take place and we will see growth in the price where there will be a limited supply of Bitcoin, on the other hand, Bitcoin has the potential to serve as a payment system on the international level so there is a scope for growth in demand. It is mutually agreed that the supply of Bitcoin will never be more than 21 million coins.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:09:41 PM

Somewhat yes but somewhat no, maybe. Yes because if all the trades hodl and didn't sell their coins probably the supply of the BTC or a particular coins or tokens will decrease. Who will sustain or provide the BTC now? Miners and other traders that normally circulates the coin and token. If this will ever happen surely BTC will boob again and after the boom the value of BTC will again decrease as there are now too much of supply.
jackdenial1320

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:18:08 PM

this is not possible because there are big circulations of bitcoin on the market and also there are many more bitcoin to be mined.the event that it comes to a point wherein bitcoin would all be mined then that would be the time the cost expands in light of lesser supply and more on the request
zheniasom

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:51:44 PM

It is not possible, bitcoin is a digital currency and just as fiat currency, I don't think there can ever be shortage, the price will only go up and down depending on the demand and supply. This does not imply that there is shortage of bitcoin. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: