Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:01:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509629 times)
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:11:10 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 10:43:20 PM by David Latapie

When markets were controlled by a relative few who had almost all the hard currency -- e.g. in the 1890s -- large-scale capital investment was impossible for up-and-comers. Thus Ma Bell, Standard Oil et al. couldn't be challenged by people with better ideas. The end result was a loss of efficiency in the system as a whole, until the government broke them up.
Yep. In my transhumanist conferences, I call it "lowering the barrier to entry". This is what open source, MOOC, crodfunding or 3D printing do: they lower the barrier to entry, wich makes any dwarf a giant.

Of course, current giants don't like it, that's understandable (rent-based economy).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ximp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:15:56 PM

The only thing that could beat BlackCoin, imho, is a currency that paid interest based on volume transacted, using some algorithm to determine which transactions were truly long-running investments and rewarding those with a higher long-term interest rate (i.e., you start by earning A% per coin per 8 hours, but after a X amount of time determined by the liquidity of the market you top out at B%, some adjustable rate of interest based on an algorithm that determines how tight the money supply should be; holding coins longer than that, it starts to go back down). In the meantime, having a very low fixed rate of interest effectively allows BC to be a carry trade instrument for Mint and other high-yield coins, should prices stabilize after a couple of years. And whatever happens to the other coins, it can remain so.
A coin with a rate of interest adjusted by the transaction volume is a very nice idea.  Maybe, we'll see one eventually.  A currency based on the equation of exchange:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equation_of_exchange
with an interest rate algorithm designed to keep prices (roughly) constant would be very appealing.
This "dynamic interest" idea inspired me and I am considering including it in a larger scheme. More on this later (yeah, I like teasing Smiley)
I'm glad you're interested in the idea, but could you stop spamming it in the BC thread as it has nothing to do with BC? Thanks.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:27:51 PM

Apart from the odd stash sell off no one is selling their coins in substantial chunks - we are going up from here I think. Despite my anger towards the market manipulator earlier I managed to make 5000 BC of it so I guess we both won in the end haha

It seems like you made the wrong move earlier today but you corrected it afterwards with a very good move  Wink

Anyway, only time will tell. These things will happen again and again and again ...

Perhaps, although it does now appear to have been the right one! haha I'm sure it will -but we have started an upward trend now, the dumps will end at higher and higher price levels and the pumps will hit higher and higher. Probably hit 8000 within 6 hours, maybe 8200 stabilised in 12. I think whoever it was who was manipulating the market had two aims: 1. To buy up as many BC as he could from us as cheaply as he could 2. To see just how low he could dump the price before buy support kicked in good and proper - In reality while many lost coins to him (myself not one of them thankfully) he has set a new floor in what we could probably call 'worst case' conditions (a massive panic with Cryptorush centred around BC, along with a massive market manipulator dumping the price lower and lower) - as we are unlikely to see such bad news/publicity for a while and the new floor has been set it is likely we will be on the rise once more.

Tell the upward trend to wait. I'm still buying.  Undecided

Haha well I sold all at 7624, that seems to be the peak of this pump - will buy back when the dump occurs - we gonna go down big though because a lot of the BTC introduced here is from idiots who see a twitter post and pour their BTC into whatever they are told, they will get scared when they see the buy orders dissappear and dump - probs back to 7100~ Id say, although impossible to tell, only way to work it out is to check the volume bought, workout the average price paid, then subtract 15% which is in my opinion the average ammount your general pumper loses by getting involved in pump and dump scams - the announcer is the one making all the dough here...and me hehe

Ok. I'm going to hold you to that!

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:29:25 PM

The only thing that could beat BlackCoin, imho, is a currency that paid interest based on volume transacted, using some algorithm to determine which transactions were truly long-running investments and rewarding those with a higher long-term interest rate (i.e., you start by earning A% per coin per 8 hours, but after a X amount of time determined by the liquidity of the market you top out at B%, some adjustable rate of interest based on an algorithm that determines how tight the money supply should be; holding coins longer than that, it starts to go back down). In the meantime, having a very low fixed rate of interest effectively allows BC to be a carry trade instrument for Mint and other high-yield coins, should prices stabilize after a couple of years. And whatever happens to the other coins, it can remain so.
A coin with a rate of interest adjusted by the transaction volume is a very nice idea.  Maybe, we'll see one eventually.  A currency based on the equation of exchange:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equation_of_exchange
with an interest rate algorithm designed to keep prices (roughly) constant would be very appealing.
This "dynamic interest" idea inspired me and I am considering including it in a larger scheme. More on this later (yeah, I like teasing Smiley)
I'm glad you're interested in the idea, but could you stop spamming it in the BC thread as it has nothing to do with BC? Thanks.
I think this nothing to do with decentralized system to run such system coin have to be centralized...
And such system probably can be exploited eg.l fake walls self buying and selling.

1% for me is good as it is.
From point of view in BC you have dynamic intrest every time you want cash out to fiat lol Cheesy.
2weeks ago you get in fiat eg 0.1$ from POS minig today 0.5$ as you see market regulate itself on their own.
In reality BC have dynamic interest rate:D ^^ just try everyday cash out to fiat and you will see.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:33:03 PM

BlackCoinMiner.com NOW ONLINE!!
0% Mining Fee

Thank you to everyone that helped with the testing during beta! This new mining pool was constructed because I believe everyone should have a choice when decided where they want to mine. This pool has 0% mining fee (FOREVER). Live stats so no need to refresh the page, soon there will be coin voting and even more stats on your miner page. Please leave your feedback and if you have questions join us on IRC #BlackCoinMiner (freenode)

PS. We are seeking moderators for the IRC. If you are interested please drop a line. 10 BC a day pay!!

Email: BlackCoinMiner@gmail.com

Excellent work! I am working on a BC centric exchange, when if we can get the liquidity going I will be giving discounts to mutlipools for converting into BC.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:36:59 PM

You're getting into the massive increase in productivity with the subsequent massive decrease in wages compared to economic output. If wages has maintained their ratio to productivity then we would all be making very livable wages just like our parents and grandparents.

If we all were making liveable wages for the past 20 years, then its likely crypto may have never been created.
Read this. Enlightening.
http://www.strikemag.org/bullshit-jobs/
(tl;dr: most of our job are useless but we are trapped in a mental system where you are supposed to work, even it it is not necessary)

I call this the labor transition, for similarities with the demographic transition.
natality => job demand
mortality => job offer
population growth => unemployment

Phase 1: full employment
Phase 2: growing unemployment, crisis, desperation.
Phase 3: seeing the light at the end of the tunnel; solution envisionned (Oscar Wilde's slavery of the machines; we may move to a situation similar to US antebellum, but without the ethical issues; other solution is basic income, yet another is lowering the barriers to entry -- MOOC, crowdfunding, 3D printing, open source)
Phase 4: we found a way to live in a "post-work" society and we are finally fine with it

We presently are between phase 2 and phase 3.

Here is the illustration (French but should be easy to understand - "chômage" means "unemployment")

And the article in English that a workmate wrote then translated after I encouraged him to extrapolate on my theory:
http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/roux20140314

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:42:09 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 10:54:20 PM by David Latapie

I'm glad you're interested in the idea, but could you stop spamming it in the BC thread as it has nothing to do with BC? Thanks.[/quote]Quite the opposite, indeed. It has something to do with BC. More on this later.

mellomike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:52:45 PM

BlackCoinMiner.com NOW ONLINE!!
0% Mining Fee

Thank you to everyone that helped with the testing during beta! This new mining pool was constructed because I believe everyone should have a choice when decided where they want to mine. This pool has 0% mining fee (FOREVER). Live stats so no need to refresh the page, soon there will be coin voting and even more stats on your miner page. Please leave your feedback and if you have questions join us on IRC #BlackCoinMiner (freenode)

PS. We are seeking moderators for the IRC. If you are interested please drop a line. 10 BC a day pay!!

Email: BlackCoinMiner@gmail.com

Excellent work! I am working on a BC centric exchange, when if we can get the liquidity going I will be giving discounts to mutlipools for converting into BC.

That sounds awesome! Please keep me posted I'll be glad to keep the business within the BC community!
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:53:22 PM

Getting close to 8000 again.  Wink

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
freshmeat

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:59:29 PM

probably the dump stage
jamieb81

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:04:39 PM

probably the dump stage

it's not yet 2 hours until the twitter announced pump^^
freshmeat

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:07:56 PM

twitter ?? SCAM . its bullshit trap
davetheshrew

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:16:40 PM

CryptoMiner ‏@MineCrypto  1h
#blackcoin #pump in 2-3 hours. Current price changes is not from the pump. Pricetarget above 10k. Precise number will follow.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nope coins staying in wallet

EDIT: putting half coins in, i notice whale from mcxnow retweeted

My [POT] address PKGbqyqnVLvMoxmYq1YAm7dKAxue52LeNj
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:16:56 PM

If it already is the end of the raise, I am deeply disappointed.

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:19:24 PM

Can anyone provide a link to a website with the mintpal orderbook graphed? I like being able to see the buy and sell walls visually.

I don't day trade, just been buying but its entertaining to watch the action.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:19:50 PM

CryptoMiner ‏@MineCrypto  1h
#blackcoin #pump in 2-3 hours. Current price changes is not from the pump. Pricetarget above 10k. Precise number will follow.

I understand it as "as soon as it move to 10k, sell everything, then buy back after the dump", right?

Or course, the pump-and dumpers read this thread so they will organise themselves another way, I guess.

And I thought we could be rid of pumpers with this multipool...
Huge marketcap is probably the only way to get rid of them. Do litecoin and peercoin experience pump and dump?

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:20:30 PM

Can anyone provide a link to a website with the mintpal orderbook graphed? I like being able to see the buy and sell walls visually.
https://cryptrader.com/charts/mintpal/bc/btc

davetheshrew

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:26:26 PM

CryptoMiner ‏@MineCrypto  1h

I understand it as "as soon as it move to 10k, sell everything, then buy back after the dump", right?

Or course, the pump-and dumpers read this thread so they will organise themselves another way, I guess.

Huge marketcap is probably the only way to get rid of them. Do litecoin and peercoin experience pump and dump?

pretty much yes but, and a huge but.

He says hes going to reveal the target for dumping, this is a bit dangerous. If we all collectively put large buying pressure on his target we will succesfully counter the dump and make a new floor above 10k sat and we must remember to thank him for pumping an undumpable coin.. Seen it happen, it will happen again.

My [POT] address PKGbqyqnVLvMoxmYq1YAm7dKAxue52LeNj
Miner232432

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:28:44 PM

CryptoMiner ‏@MineCrypto  1h

They will be dumping while you guys are pumping, when it hits 10k they'll already be out leaving people holding bags of 10k BC

And then starts the dump which is done nobody else but the bag holders trying to cash out while the pro's have already done their business and are ready to buy up cheap coins post dump to start the process again

The whole point to a pump & dump is that you guys are the pumpers & dumpers, it's incredibly low risk & high profit for those who have the power to kick start it because they can just ride the wave you guys artificially create and get well before it starts to crash and you all fall for it time & time again

I am blunt, don't like it ? Too bad
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:39:25 PM

Well I plan to just continue buying, and let my coins stake. In the long term this strategy will win because of the positive feedback loop we are working to create.

The mutlipool ecosystem is not even close to full operation yet. We have several in beta and many more to follow once they are successful.

Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: