Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:48:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 [661] 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509634 times)
colinfx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:34:02 PM

I have donated over 10% of my holdings to the BC devs and other promotions. I, me, this guy right here literally came up with the Black Friday concept. Like I have previously said: we are on the same side here. Let's just be responsible about it. Truce?

Are you on IRC?

You should have messaged me privately if you had concerns, my door is always open. However, I am not some reckless fool just trying to hype up BC to pump and dump. I have nearly 14 years experience building and effectively promoting products. I have one of the top downloaded desktop music apps, and I achieved that in less than 7 months. Slow and steady for BC will be the death of the coin. This is not 2 years ago when the landscape didn't have a new coin launching every hour. BC needs to hit the ground running and never stop.... never. So if you really want to see BC grow and get a nice ROI, then let me do what I know best and not question my motives or judgement.

PS: If you want slow and steady you can always sell your BC and invest in MintCoin.  Smiley

Classic! +1
colinfx

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:35:25 PM

Fellow BlackCoiners..... We are only 135 sats from ALL TIME HIGH!
Nurka

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:35:36 PM

Regarding translating the press release to other languages to increase the visibility and value of the promotion.

Am I the only one thinking it's a good idea? Or is it already translated?

Again, I could translate it to Swedish and push it to relevant outlets at the release time. I can't see any reason why a wider spread of the press release would be bad?
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:37:10 PM

Regarding translating the press release to other languages to increase the visibility and value of the promotion.

Am I the only one thinking it's a good idea? Or is it already translated?

Again, I could translate it to Swedish and push it to relevant outlets at the release time. I can't see any reason why a wider spread of the press release would be bad?

depends, do you have access to Swedish financial sites? I can't see iconic needing help with translations on anything listed on bloomberg or yahoo financal

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

Erm... No it doesn't. It suffers from extremely high coin inflation, a flawed distribution model. All it has is multiple mining algorithms which mean nothing to non-miners.

LoL. You're kind of making my point for me.

This kind of nitpicking is all there is to choose between one alt coin and another. That's why none of them ever make a dent in Bitcoin's dominance, nor will they after this year.

ok... i think you just proved colin's point that you look at things way to vaguely. If you consider a high inflation pow coin similar to the low inflation pos coin then pretty much you just outed yourself as a moron.

Its a pretty massive difference.

Toko is a troll that bashes Blackcoin constantly. Just check his post history. There's only one reason why a person posts constantly negative posts in a coin topic.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:38:42 PM

ok... i think you just proved colin's point that you look at things way to vaguely. If you consider a high inflation pow coin similar to the low inflation pos coin then pretty much you just outed yourself as a moron.

It's not a massive difference in the context of the altcoin market as a whole. Only when those two are compered in isolation.

The point I'm making is that the fortunes of the altcoin market as a whole generally far outweigh the ability of any one project to assert it's dominance by virtue of any technical, economic or marketing property.

They are basically all clones of each other and the instances of genuine originality are very rare. The 2nd generation coins have a bit more of a chance because they actually offer services which take up to a year to develop - and that's just the blockchain infrastructure. Then there's another year for the client infrastructure, so they're clearly going to be distinct and original by the time that much development effort's gone into them.

No alts are used for anything. They just sit there as speculative objects on the shelf and nothing more. It doesn't matter what their properties are other than as a speculative slant because they won't be around long enough to see any action.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:41:03 PM

I have donated over 10% of my holdings to the BC devs and other promotions. I, me, this guy right here literally came up with the Black Friday concept. Like I have previously said: we are on the same side here. Let's just be responsible about it. Truce?

Are you on IRC?

You should have messaged me privately if you had concerns, my door is always open. However, I am not some reckless fool just trying to hype up BC to pump and dump. I have nearly 14 years experience building and effectively promoting products. I have one of the top downloaded desktop music apps, and I achieved that in less than 7 months. Slow and steady for BC will be the death of the coin. This is not 2 years ago when the landscape didn't have a new coin launching every hour. BC needs to hit the ground running and never stop.... never. So if you really want to see BC grow and get a nice ROI, then let me do what I know best and not question my motives or judgement.

PS: If you want slow and steady you can always sell your BC and invest in MintCoin.  Smiley

Iconic has done a good job!

I communicated to him privately about the press release (I had a criticism) and he gave me very mature well thought out responses that showed someone who knows what he is doing. I back him 100%.

He has also proven himself a trustworthy person in the community collecting the donations.
ski92

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:42:45 PM

hahahaha  Wink

haha, o god i can feel the mint trolls coming this second.
And top work Iconic looking forward to tomorrow.

Also any BC differences can be settled next year, new york...................... in a yacht race.  Cool

#Blackcoin Friday, once you go black......... Wink
colinfx

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:44:01 PM

It's not a massive difference in the context of the altcoin market as a whole. Only when those two are compered in isolation.

The point I'm making is that the fortunes of the altcoin market as a whole generally far outweigh the ability of any one project to assert it's dominance by virtue of any technical, economic or marketing property.

They are basically all clones of each other and the instances of genuine originality are very rare. The 2nd generation coins have a bit more of a chance because they actually offer services which take up to a year to develop - and that's just the blockchain infrastructure. Then there's another year for the client infrastructure, so they're clearly going to be distinct and original by the time that much development effort's gone into them.

No alts are used for anything. They just sit there as speculative objects on the shelf and nothing more. It doesn't matter what their properties are other than as a speculative slant because they won't be around long enough to see any action.

Can you state your purpose in a single sentence here? You do know you are in the BlackCoin ANN thread right?
morituri13

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:44:52 PM

Are you on IRC?

I didn't say I wanted to lost money slow and steady Smiley... Continue doing what you do best. I'm sure your marketing strategies will attract a great deal of new money.

But I will always question the motives and judgement of everyone on these forums and I would advise everyone to do the same.

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:45:44 PM

but at the end of the year I hope to see you around so I can say "I told you so".  

I'll be only too happy to oblige. I've been wrong about plenty things and don't mind being proved wrong again, I just see what I see and once you've seen the same pattern a few times an element of predictability starts accompanying these observations.

For example Myriadcoin has a load of "interesting" distinguishing features just like BC did at the start but it's sitting there as yet unpumped at 450 Satoshis - one tenth of BC's value even corrected for coin supply. I'd be hard pushed to guess which one had the more upside at this point regardless of whatever long term factors apply.

Erm... No it doesn't. It suffers from extremely high coin inflation, a flawed distribution model. All it has is multiple mining algorithms which mean nothing to non-miners.

There are some legitimate criticisms of Myriadcoin for sure, but a flawed distribution model is not one of them. It allows anyone with any hardware to jump in at anytime. Maybe BC's instamine was a more fair distribution model?
agrs

Activity: 896
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:45:54 PM

Hello, tell me pls, i`d like to buy some BC and if my coins will be on exchange more than 8 hours will pos mining work?
MuffinMaster

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:47:12 PM

LoL. You're kind of making my point for me.

This kind of nitpicking is all there is to choose between one alt coin and another. That's why none of them ever make a dent in Bitcoin's dominance, nor will they after this year.

Toko is a troll that bashes Blackcoin constantly. Just check his post history. There's only one reason why a person posts constantly negative posts in a coin topic.

indeed. I id'd him several pages ago. He is a baghold of nxt and mzc. i would say its a shame but it doesn't matter.

Blackcoin just made another 24 hours high. edging ever closer to the 10k mark and took over the 4th volume position from zetacoin.

BC being held is feeling mighty comfortable.

MuffinMaster

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:49:00 PM

but at the end of the year I hope to see you around so I can say "I told you so".  

I'll be only too happy to oblige. I've been wrong about plenty things and don't mind being proved wrong again, I just see what I see and once you've seen the same pattern a few times an element of predictability starts accompanying these observations.

For example Myriadcoin has a load of "interesting" distinguishing features just like BC did at the start but it's sitting there as yet unpumped at 450 Satoshis - one tenth of BC's value even corrected for coin supply. I'd be hard pushed to guess which one had the more upside at this point regardless of whatever long term factors apply.

There are some legitimate criticisms of Myriadcoin for sure, but a flawed distribution model is not one of them. It allows anyone with any hardware to jump in at anytime. Maybe BC's instamine was a more fair distribution model?

Look at the top 100 holders? none are holding very much, with less then 10 wallets holding over 1 million. Plus the price crashed pretty hard to 500 so most of original holders ditched.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:50:09 PM

Can you state your purpose in a single sentence here

To determine at what price I should dump. I can usually work that out for myself but subscribers to this thread seem to think that this coin is somehow more that just another alt "with a twist" so I decided to try to get to the bottom of why that was.

However, when I do that, all I get is hype about marketing and future value so I'm not having much success.
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:51:55 PM

Are you on IRC?

Classic! +1

+2

I agree you should sell so Iconic can do "aggressive aggressive" trying to catch them
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:52:21 PM

30s block times with no issues, because of the 5 algos (each 2.5min). Block times even lower if they add more. That's what the multiple algos does for non-miners.
MuffinMaster

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:54:41 PM

30s block times with no issues, because of the 5 algos (each 2.5min). Block times even lower if they add more. That's what the multiple algos does for non-miners.

blackcoin is 10 secs... so yay ?

KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:55:40 PM

blackcoin is 10 secs... so yay ?

Quote from: Blackcoin
Specifications
Block time: 1 minute

Ehh? If I'm somehow missing something let me know.
colinfx

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:59:07 PM

Can you state your purpose in a single sentence here

To determine at what price I should dump. I can usually work that out for myself but subscribers to this thread seem to think that this coin is somehow more that just another alt "with a twist" so I decided to try to get to the bottom of why that was.

However, when I do that, all I get is hype about marketing and future value so I'm not having much success.

As a competent trader, surely you had an exit plan before you entered?

I'm simply a die-hard BlackCoin fan, I might still be holding even at 100k satoshi Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 [661] 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: