Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  
Author Topic: Government regulation on cryptocurrency, GOOD or BAD?  (Read 3348 times)
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:00:36 PM

Maybe it will be more good than bad because crypto today needs stability and guarantees of future, people are really worried for today and lack of law here works for it as well.

The aim of the regulation for cryptocurrencues is to protect the users from fraud or scam, money laundering,drug traficking and other illegal activities that uses bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. A friendly regulation, not the strict ones are good for the cryptocurrencies because it only look for the welfare of the holders or investors. Restrictive regulations might drive investors away because of limitations in trade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tegacoll86

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:50:25 AM

It's  simple   government   just  want  protect us from   money laundering, scammers   or any  form  of  illegal  action  using  cryptocurrency.  Regulating  crypto   is  good  especially  in my country   because   nowadays  many  scammers  are  using  the name  of  cryptocurrency  just to  invite  people to  invest  on  their  illegal  business. 
i am sure when you're about to convert your bitcoin into fiat you will pay tax if its the regulation of government then i am not agree because bitcoin it self never apply tax or any kind of fee.
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:16:36 AM

I would be glad if in each country where a large number of ICO were held, a unit would be created that would issue an approval to conduct an ICO.

sutejo

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:36:45 AM

India's Ministry of Finance calls it a scheme. This means that the fake investment mode that promises multiple profits.
Ponzi schemes are often present in cases of impersonal fraud. The profits obtained by investors are actually the money of other people who have just invested, not the benefits of business or business management as promised. it's also good that the government affirms that.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:39:43 AM

I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.

With the regulations it might be good or bad to the market. It can be good in a way that it will be legalized in which more and more people would love to invest in. But it might be bad especially when the rules and regulations might destroy what the bitcoin's characteristics is.
jobukegoya

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:46:22 AM

I think regulations are made to bring public welfare or for the common good. The government regulation on cryptocurrencies has advantages and disadvantages. One of its advantages is that It is beneficial to the government for identification and it can locate loss transactions. The disadvantages of having a regulation are the taxes that are added are big and might be more prone to corruption.
My opinion is that government regulations are good, because everything that has no rules has bad consequences or is used by criminals. For example a city has no government regulations, it is certain that the crime rate is very high. Likewise cryptocurrency, as long as there are no government regulations and anonymous bitcoin owners, it is very easy to use by criminals.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:04:59 AM

I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?
Here the regulation that you say like KYC and others to prevent misuse from criminal or illegal actions are clearly good, because I think many people are afraid of plunging into the world of crypto ie one of them is that they think that cryptocurrency is used as a criminal act, so this is a solution for them, but on the other hand as users of freedom to transact rather disturbed because they have to bother preparing data themselves.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:01:01 AM

I think, if the government applies regulations to the crypto currency it might be good because that means the government will support and accept crypto currencies so that we can more easily use them.

I am agree with you. If government regulate cryptocurrency, its mean we can use our crypto in any merchant. I think its good if government issuing regulation on cryptocurrency because investor will more confident and government can protect investor money from scam project

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:31:35 AM

I think, if the government applies regulations to the crypto currency it might be good because that means the government will support and accept crypto currencies so that we can more easily use them.

I am agree with you. If government regulate cryptocurrency, its mean we can use our crypto in any merchant. I think its good if government issuing regulation on cryptocurrency because investor will more confident and government can protect investor money from scam project
if things like this are continued, many investors will be disappointed, if their funds are deceived by ico is not clear. to foster a sense of comfort for investors indeed role of government is needed

mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:10:59 AM

It is not something that goverments have done to regulate crypto currencies as different assest or curncy class which it is.
The KYC in exchnages is a regualtory requirment which goes under laws of financial bussines. There is nothing new or unique about this ,this is the past law , we are yet to see new regulations emerging in this area.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  

Jump to: