Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks disappear because of cryptocurrency?  (Read 64365 times)
Mr.frost (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:09:36 AM

This really what I keep on asking myself since we all know that cryptocurrency dominates the bank as time pass by. I wonder will it result to total collapse of bank industry?

Feel free to drop your comments here.thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niublity

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:32:48 AM

No, although the cryptocurrency is great, it will not destroy the bank already government, and in the future they will cooperate, and the bank may launch its own cryptocurrency.

dollurs

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:44:25 AM

I don't think so. Even if it happens it will to take many years to happen that. Recently people have no a huge believe about the crypto currency. So first it will have to gain the trust of the people. But one thing can be said. Anything can happen in this world  Smiley
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:48:50 AM

This topic was discussed to death many times.

As much as pro Bitcoin people think that it will make banks disappear its not going to happen.

One reason is that Bitcoin is very volatile and wouldn't be a good way to get paid and store your money in it. Imagine getting paid earlier when BTC was $7500 and now its a few hundred lower.

Banks are needed because people need to borrow money to manage their business or to buy a car/home. With Bitcoin I don't think that would be possible, unless it was maybe with a smart contract.

Because in the past there was services where you can lend BTC however most of those turned into scams and people got their BTC stolen.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:56:14 AM

No, although the cryptocurrency is great, it will not destroy the bank already government, and in the future they will cooperate, and the bank may launch its own cryptocurrency.

i agree, even if i don't know if banks will launch their own cryptocurrency.

Anyways, i think that fiat economy and crypto economy will survive both with always bigger connections.
truemeren

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:16:05 AM

I think it should not. Although blockchain technology is constantly evolving, more and more countries and large enterprises are beginning to accept and apply cryptocurrencies, but banks have their own advantages. I think that in the future, cryptocurrencies will coexist with banks, and it is possible Banks will launch their own cryptocurrency
Bayonetto

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:19:27 AM

I don't think the owners of such huge entities could just disappear dropping all the progress they made over the years, they could definitely find a way to work along cryptocurrencies.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:25:05 AM

Many the same questions has been asked before but to accept the fact crypto's will unlikely to make the banks disappear.

It's an industry that has government on its back and do you think that the government will allow this to happen? They have been there for a very long time and I don't think its going to be an easy thing for crypto's to remove them. But we can focus with other things by not thinking of this for this moment.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:37:14 AM

This really what I keep on asking myself since we all know that cryptocurrency dominates the bank as time pass by. I wonder will it result to total collapse of bank industry?

it's unlikely to happen for bank to disappear and replaced by cyrpto since bank have strong affiliation and relation with governments. What I think will happen is that bank and cryptocurrency will coexist. I think because of   mass adoption and not wanted to be not left behind by technology, bank will accept crypto. I believe this is happening now behind the scene. Banks and financial investor into crypto but not just letting public know until they are able to figure out how to deal with it and be able to somehow control crypto.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:40:27 AM

This is not going to happen before mass adoption of cryptos in payments and transactions takes place. Even if banks do not fully disappear, their role will be very diminished.
xysheeh03

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:40:56 AM

I think that cryptocurrency is not a reason for disappearing of a bank, nor it will not affects banks. Cryptocurrency can stand without emerging into banks and also banks can stand without emerging with cryptocurrency. And each of them has a role anr have similarities and difference as well.
Yaddady

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:51:26 AM

Banks are an important part of the financial system of every country. Due to the volatility of cryptocurrencies, it will be difficult to rely on cryptos as the sole means of exchange or replacing fiat. I once had to carry out a transaction that involved paying in ETH. Within the space of about 45 minutes, due to the bad state of my network, the value of ETH dropped, and I had to pay more. This is one of many instances and reasons.

Solomon3158

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:07:43 AM

Bank industry is  the major conversion of cryptocurrency to fiat currency so no matter how crypto might grow its strength it can't dominates the banking industry but I believe in some years to come Bank will adopt crypto to enhance their level of activities with the use of fin tech technology which embraces zero rate transaction and speed.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:13:37 AM

Banks are still needed for the circulation of fiat. Without fiat, the world economy will be in shambles. Especially now that cryptocurrencies are not yet capable of doing microtransactions and instant transactions. Also, banks have been here since the beginning of civilization so it would be hard to uproot it now.
ShowOffoN

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:14:16 AM

My thoughts on this is a very futuristic one. See how the world is slowly turning into a virtual world? That said, I think, decades from now, everything will be digital including all transactions which means that, if that happens, there will not be a need for a physical bank anymore. Only cryptocurrencies will remain as the main medium of exchange and transactions. See this happening maybe 5 to 6 decades from now.
Cordwel

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:21:18 AM

I don't think so I think Fiat will be exsist forever.  Ecause sometimes we still need it for transaction.just fir example if your little kid want to buy an Ice cream by himself I think you will never let him bring your smartphone or other device,but you will give him a little money
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:24:46 AM

No, banks will never disappear but they will using blockchain technology and cryptocurrency in their services in the future. Right now there are many banks researching about blockchain technology to using it. Some of these banks are  Barclays, BBVA, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, State Street, Royal Bank of Scotland and UBS.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:35:04 AM

Cryptocurrency is all about decentralization and controlling your own private keys. Banks are about centralizing ownership of money. With the way that cryptocurrency is designed, it makes banks disappearing unlikely IMO. Unless storing and owning crypto significantly improves in terms of user-friendliness. You have to be fairly technically literate to be able to store crypto safely, as you need to secure it, store encrypted backups, and keep your PC clean at all times. Because of the technical literacy required for you to be able to store crypto safely and effectively, I believe there will always be a custodial bank-type service available for the technical laymen to store their holdings.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:45:23 AM

I look forward to this, where banks issue their own cryptocurrency, I am sure that in the future they will come true.
bagas79

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:17:39 AM

I think the bank will not disappear, because until now there are still many countries that have rules and restrictions on cryptoccurency. And because the role of the bank has a huge influence on the economy of a country.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: