Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:52:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast  (Read 140044 times)
Liquitrix

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:25:24 PM

you dont get it, few tens of computers, or even hundreds are not going to influence total network hashing power NOWHERE near as gpu or asic farms, where gpu is worth several cpus alone, not to mention ridiculous disproportion when it comes to asic farms.
this allows general population not only to mine but also seriously contribute to network security, power in numbers and decentralization.
i'd say bitcoin is no longer as secure as it was during cpu mining period. because most of hashing power is getting centralized firmly in the hands of several asic mining cartels, who can manipulate both price and security.

"General population" is going to mine nothing from this coin...unless you count "general population" as being someone who owns 100+ cpus.

Hell, I just got done reading about some guy who spent thousands of dollars on amazon instances for a coin launch.  He got something like 5% of all coins by himself, but barely broke even selling them all after paying his bills.  His dump did manage to crash the market though.  I'm sure he'll be back for this coin since he hasn't lost any money yet and just keep doing it till he strikes it rich on one of them.  The joy of CPU coins.

if you dont know what youre talking about then theres no need to blabblab. Grin

The instance limit of amazon AWS will never allow you to mine "like 5% of all coins" by yourself, thats plain BS. if someone likes to spend a lot of money on instances then that person will be able to mine the coins he deserves. like I said I have mined a great deal on my simple i7's and usual CPU cloud mining on 2x 4 core CPU droplets has been profitable for me too so no need to fud around baby Grin

What does all this mean to the average (Consumer Grade) CPU Miner?

I have an an i7-3770k@4.3Ghz --> it hashes Scrypt @ 49 khash/s

Is this (already?) popular ''Heavycoin'' even worth to mine for Consumer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:15:42 PM

you dont get it, few tens of computers, or even hundreds are not going to influence total network hashing power NOWHERE near as gpu or asic farms, where gpu is worth several cpus alone, not to mention ridiculous disproportion when it comes to asic farms.
this allows general population not only to mine but also seriously contribute to network security, power in numbers and decentralization.
i'd say bitcoin is no longer as secure as it was during cpu mining period. because most of hashing power is getting centralized firmly in the hands of several asic mining cartels, who can manipulate both price and security.

"General population" is going to mine nothing from this coin...unless you count "general population" as being someone who owns 100+ cpus.

Hell, I just got done reading about some guy who spent thousands of dollars on amazon instances for a coin launch.  He got something like 5% of all coins by himself, but barely broke even selling them all after paying his bills.  His dump did manage to crash the market though.  I'm sure he'll be back for this coin since he hasn't lost any money yet and just keep doing it till he strikes it rich on one of them.  The joy of CPU coins.

The instance limit of amazon AWS will never allow you to mine "like 5% of all coins" by yourself, thats plain BS. if someone likes to spend a lot of money on instances then that person will be able to mine the coins he deserves. like I said I have mined a great deal on my simple i7's and usual CPU cloud mining on 2x 4 core CPU droplets has been profitable for me too so no need to fud around baby Grin

Let me give you a for instance. I work for a company that has more than 100,000 multicore computers in one county. They could be deployed to mine this coin with just a few mouse clicks. That's just 1 company. Now do you get the picture. I wish you good luck with your i7s but I'm afraid you're going to be in for a big reality check within a few days of launch. Over and out.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
derBruchpilotPro

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:39:27 PM

Hell, I just got done reading about some guy who spent thousands of dollars on amazon instances for a coin launch.  He got something like 5% of all coins by himself, but barely broke even selling them all after paying his bills.  His dump did manage to crash the market though.  I'm sure he'll be back for this coin since he hasn't lost any money yet and just keep doing it till he strikes it rich on one of them.  The joy of CPU coins.

Let me give you a for instance. I work for a company that has more than 100,000 multicore computers in one county. They could be deployed to mine this coin with just a few mouse clicks. That's just 1 company. Now do you get the picture. I wish you good luck with your i7s but I'm afraid you're going to be in for a big reality check within a few days of launch. Over and out.

Just my experience too, nanoprobe.
I'll hope its not so, cause heavycoin sounds really interesting, but that means its also interesting for botnets and bastard admins with access to huge numbers of PCs.

It's not about spreading FUD here, thats only expectations what may will come.
I will try to mine this as long as I could and I hope it could proof me and nanoprobe wrong. Wink

NEM/XEM!!!
snapped

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:09:07 PM

Nice fairytale, the company you work in is earning money by mining crypto currency? If no then i think someone will definetely mind that their PCs are running at 100% CPU 24/7 and as it is impossible that 100 000 computers are maintained by one evil admin, then we can assume that all 50(very very modest number) of them are in on this? It`s literally impossible to have 100 000 computers mining crypto currency 24/7 without anyone finding out and then someone going to jail for this. Now totally different case would be if admin who is solely responsible for let`s say 50 computers and sets them on schedule to mine during off-work hours, that is plausible.
pracutian

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:14:07 PM

are you missing vote features? you can't do that. Cheesy
cryptomind

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:37:44 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 03:48:23 PM by cryptomind

We passed the 840 per-registered miners on

~~ HeavycoinPool.com ~~

!!! With over 237,000 HVC from IPO and BOUNTIES we completed
our pool's first BLOCK FINDERS can count on some NICE REWARDS of their own !!!

500 HVC to our FIRST block finder | 100 HVC each for 2nd, 3rd, 4th ... up to 10th
after that - maybe more as well - just depends how many miners we get

Also, please join the World's first and Only

~~ HeavycoinForum.com ~~

This will be THE source for all things Heavycoin.
Need help during launch, after launch, or whenever - we're here to help!

~~ Keccak512 & Nomisugi have full admin & mod rights on this forum ~~

V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:57:10 PM

Nice fairytale, the company you work in is earning money by mining crypto currency? If no then i think someone will definetely mind that their PCs are running at 100% CPU 24/7 and as it is impossible that 100 000 computers are maintained by one evil admin, then we can assume that all 50(very very modest number) of them are in on this? It`s literally impossible to have 100 000 computers mining crypto currency 24/7 without anyone finding out and then someone going to jail for this. Now totally different case would be if admin who is solely responsible for let`s say 50 computers and sets them on schedule to mine during off-work hours, that is plausible.

He wants the block rewards all to himself (greedy man). I have done OK from solo mining, however electricity is free for me (only on new coins though).
gerbill2

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:09:09 PM

Can anyone please direct me to the pool software that we should be using to set up a pool for HeavyCoin? I see the pools set up already, but keccak512 says php-mpos fork and stratum module aren't ready yet. What software do these existing HeavyCoin pool use?

Thanks!
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:10:16 PM

I work for a company that has more than 100,000 multicore computers in one county. They could be deployed to mine this coin with just a few mouse clicks.

lol I nearly fell from my chair reading this. Grin I wish you good luck on that funky endeavour Grin

Nothing more to add here from my side.

Like I said, I will be mining on my i7s after launch plus in the clouds (maybe 2 more instances) - and many will do that. I'm glad it can not be hammered by GPU farms.  BTW you have to understand that if somebody has the resources to spend a huge amount of CPUs on this it does also take a lot money which in turn means that this particular person bets on the profitability of the coin...

well, best of luck and pleasure to all of you. no offense
LiteMine

Activity: 380

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:10:32 PM

New dedicated pool open for per-registrations.

http://heavy.hashrapid.com

Hashrapid is a SCAM POOL, please remove it from your launch. They have scammed MINT, ZEIT, Carbon, COINO over and over. Some pools worked for a while, some just stole everything outright at launch. BEWARE!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475035.0
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:30:47 PM

Hashrapid is a SCAM POOL, please remove it from your launch.

+1  Hashrapid is a complete scam. They never paid out any of my MINT...
nomisugi

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:43:19 PM

Hashrapid is a SCAM POOL, please remove it from your launch.

+1  Hashrapid is a complete scam. They never paid out any of my MINT...

Thanks, we will remove the link now.
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:49:51 PM

So who thinks these botnet miners will ruin this coin?
massiveman

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:46:13 PM

nope I actually think this coin has a big future.
jam52633

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:48:08 PM

Very very interesting coin.

Can someone explain how GPU mining will be blocked out?  If I am understanding this correctly, it will only be CPU mining?

Thank you in advance, and sorry if this has already been answered, just hit me up with a link on the info.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:48:48 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 06:47:00 PM by tinus42

With 2 i7 cpu's and 1 i5 I can mine some coins  Wink

Hate to rain on your parade, but you will get absolutely nothing with that.  I've used 2-3 i7 on other CPU coin launches before and would have made more money picking up pennies off the street.  The rare exception for profit would be if you mined Quark on day 1-3 or so...

Botnets, Amazon instances, cloud mining, etc make every CPU coin completely pointless.  It's always hilarious seeing the random newbs in these threads thinking CPU coins are going to be "the great equalizer" for their $400 hardware, when it's really the exact opposite.

I can mine Fairquarks with my 5 year old AMD Athlon X2 dual core laptop and get about 250 per day. Every time I get 1000 I sell them on Poloniex for about 0.00023 BTC total. Not much but I only mine them when the computer is on and it doesn't cost many resources so it's basically free money. Much better than faucets and who knows it may buy me a new computer in a few years. Cheesy
cryptomind

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:05:54 PM

I love small block rewards! It'll mean more value to the coin!

We passed the 840 per-registered miners on

~~ HeavycoinPool.com ~~

Your pool better be voting for small block sizes!    Wink
burningzoul

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:24:47 PM

too bad I don`t have performance cpus..Sad
massiveman

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:31:42 PM

given that the first 100 blocks are zero reward do you guys reckon i should bother pursuing solo mining to start with? my pc is 2x 12 core e5 xeons, dont sure if it will be worth solo, any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
degel_x

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:39:53 PM

given that the first 100 blocks are zero reward do you guys reckon i should bother pursuing solo mining to start with? my pc is 2x 12 core e5 xeons, dont sure if it will be worth solo, any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Same resources here, i'll try by pool since the very beginning , my personal choice

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: