Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:16:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are stable coins?  (Read 18246 times)
doroshok

Activity: 115
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:02:31 PM

I don't understand how crypto coins can be stable. After all, in the script there are no auxiliary organs for this coin and they are not tied to anything. Their price depends on supply and demand. So there can be no stability now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GiorgosK

Activity: 478
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 03:03:26 PM

I think any stable coin is designed for keeping its price fixed and thus it can help the mass adoption of currencies. Yes fiat is stable but with having some limited features.

Not all FIAT is stable ... consider some currency of a country nobody is interested in holding ... this particular FIAT currency is volatile and any other currency is potentially volatile

I don't understand how crypto coins can be stable. After all, in the script there are no auxiliary organs for this coin and they are not tied to anything. Their price depends on supply and demand. So there can be no stability now.
One way to reinforce stability in crypto
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4711998.msg43221250#msg43221250

BitBay - The Future of Free Markets  |  BCT thread  |  https://bitbay.market
Dynamic Peg  - Whitepaper out  -  Working implementation to be released soon
Web Markeplace coming Fall 2018
tradersnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:22:06 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2018, 12:15:17 AM by tradersnow

Decentralized crypto currency can not be stable in nature. They have no controls, no one is supported in the price and is not provided with anything, and their price is formed only on the basis of the ratio of supply and demand, and they are never permanent. Among the crypto currency, only Tether is stable, since it is in fact a digital counterpart of the dollar.

I must disagree.
Decentralized cryptocurrencies should be controlled by everyone, not nobody. USD is backed by the "full faith of the US government". Decentralized cryptocurrencies are backed exclusively by their users. This prevents price control from falling within the hands of a select few, who ultimately will manipulate it to their advantage or fail to regulate the supply.

In the end, people can lose faith in the custodians of their currency (or it's pegged asset).
But they will never lose faith in their own personal judgment of value. This is why a decentralized and non-collateralized stablecoin will always be a better system.

For a stablecoin to sustain itself, it must not have a permanent and fixed price. It must adapt to the economic demand applied to it, coinciding with the change in value of goods/services.

With a decentralized and non-collateralized peg, (like BitBay's mentioned above) the price can move at a healthy and steady rate, giving investors a place to park (and grow) their profits while also providing users with a medium of exchange.
Rahees

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:34:33 PM

Your list is based on the cryptocurrencies that we have in this time but what is about the future? I think there should be the place for the future strong coins.
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:39:41 PM

Stable coin is a good and healthy concept for the investors and exchanges must have it to guarantee a flawless trading experience. USDT is the most used stable coin but not the most trustable one for sure. IBM's idea is good and many will support and use its coin, who don't trust such a big company?

I tend not to trust large companies, nor small companies for that matter. The whole thing about cryptos is to be able to have formal veryfication to avoid trust.

lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:35:49 PM

to me, stable coins or tokens are those alt coins that are able to maintain a certain range in value.
for example, the tokens never drops below 5$ irrespective of the massive dump

those are tokens that should be refered too as stable, strong and reliable.
trrewqs

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:47:53 PM

Stable coins are those coins that have a good and promising team and they fulfill all their plans on time. I think so.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  May 1st   ●
Shyamnautiyal8

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:05:33 AM

I think almost coins are stable. But Bitcoin is most stable coin in cryptoworld.
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:10:04 PM

Eth and Neo and Tron and Iota all these coins are stable and long-term coins these coins have future in terms of profit and steady growth
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:02:06 PM

Stable coin is controlled by the government itself. High volatility market holds by people or community itself. I prefer cryptocurrencies in the long term if mass adoption will happen very soon. We are all rich as hell.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

BigBim

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:04:38 PM

There are no stable coins at all, forget about that.
promotionuser

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:11:14 PM

This topic is very interesting !!!
Almost everyone wants to know this information from the right people.
I would like to get some information, I have learned in the past as follows:
You can refer to some coin as follows: USDT, TUSD.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 03:15:12 PM

I think a stable coin is a coin that does not go beyond certain low price in the market irrespective of the incredible dump going on around it

Just like Neo would go below 20$ and bitcoin cash wouldn’t go beyond 400$ too
Still there are uncertainties surrounding crypto
csbsstudent

Activity: 161
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:16:51 PM

These coins are in the pause as well like Btc and Eth. They are not able to start increasing in the current situation on the cryptocurrency market at all.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
BrentMack

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:29:40 PM

With the recent trend in the market, we have seen that anything can happen and the price of  a coin can reduce beyond reasonable doubt, and for this reason, I would like to think that there is no such thing as stable coins. The volatility of the market is someething to bother about, and something that no one has control over.
ovinna

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:21:16 AM

It is too hard to find really stable cryptocurrencies on the current market, I suppose that there could be cryptocurrencies like Eos, Waves and Neo, which are able to have an impact on the cryptomarket and improve it in the common way. It will be very useful doing for everybody here.
Z_Max

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:25:47 AM

I think it's hard to talk about stability when all the Crypto currency is not stable. There are no stable coins, we can be sure only in bitcoin for now. And it's unpleasant how long he will last in the market.
southcat

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:31:10 AM

Hey, friend, I think your question is ridiculous.
First of all, the encryption market is unstable, so why should the stable cryptocurrency be said?
The decline in the market has dumped a lot of cryptocurrencies.
Hanna_Money

Activity: 462
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:34:00 AM

I do not trust stable coins. Profits on them do not get, because they do not have the volatility, security and guarantees they, too, in fact do not. Why are they even needed if there are trading pairs with this fiat?
dkkoi5

Activity: 146

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:42:20 AM

From this year's encryption market, I found that the higher the value of the cryptocurrency, the higher its stability, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. Although their current prices have fallen very badly, they are indeed the most stable cryptocurrency. And I believe they will be more valuable in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: