Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:41:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin with Immanuel - Project Mainstream, Phase 1  (Read 3695 times)
Anonymous

October 07, 2011, 11:29:55 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2011, 12:18:38 AM by Immanuel Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsWP80VUn6I

Alright, here I am again with the video I promised. I am going to discuss several things:

1. The criticisms of my first video and Bitcoin.

2. Bitcoin today, the decline, etc.

3. Project Mainstream - Marketing Bitcoin and how we are going to begin. This will be detailed below.

Project Mainstream, Phase 1

Main Objective: Provide Bitcoin with significant economic activity by direct marketing on grounds of principle and sound money.

Phase 1 Abstract: Educate passionate grassroots supporters through the fringe news organization InfoWars and its host Alex Jones.

Alex Jones is a internet-based news organization that caters to a libertarian, conspiracy-minded crowd.

http://infowars.com

http://static.infowars.com/ads/mediakit_public.pdf - Media Packet.

Why Alex Jones? Isn't the goal getting the mainstream to use Bitcoin?

Yes, it is but we must first capture the group that we barely have a fraction of: Passionate, politically-active and liberty-minded individuals who want a sound monetary system. If we capture the political grassroots, we can gradually ease Bitcoin into the mainstream. Capturing the Alex Jone's audience will be quite a feat and not a difficult one considering Bitcoin has the same traits as Gold and Silver. It's scarce, it's easily transferable and it's decentralized in its discovery. The major and outstanding difference is the fact that its anonymously and perceptibly instantaneously transferable across the internet. These people will love this, they want to be prepared for the future and the want in on the next big thing.

Bitcoin is THEIR product and WE'RE going to give it to them.

What do we need?

Product and Pricing Information - We need to know what we want in terms of ad placement and cost. I will be retrieving this information in the coming days. (Weekends generally aren't workdays for marketing departments.)

Website and/or Escrow Support - We are going to need a good amount of money to get ads placed and thus we are going to need a higher-level campaign to raise said funds. This means we need to have a reputable escrow company or individual to hold the donations along with a secure web page to solicit them on. A simple meter showing money raised will suffice.

Advertisements - We need informative Bitcoin image ads in the dimensions of 750 x 60, 580 x 100, 335 x 205, 340 x 169 pixels made for the InfoWars.com webpage. The ads have to cater to the audience and that means references to the Gold and Silver-like qualities of Bitcoin and how it aims to achieve a decentralized and sound monetary system.

A radio ad screenplay for a 30 second or so clip is also requested--again--voicing the philosophy of Bitcoin and how it challenges the central banking system.

Call to Action Website - Finally, we need a website to link to our advertisements telling people about Bitcoin, it's value and so forth while focusing on its financial and political aspects.

If you're capable and interested in fulfilling the desires above, state your interest and skills below and contact me for more information.

I will be providing more information and planning in the near future. I have only briefly described what we are calling individuals to act on and to elaborate a bit further, it's to get them to invest in Bitcoins and spend it intimately with the few services we have at the moment. I'll elaborate on exactly what we wish to voice soon.

So, in the short term, let's get started and see what we have to offer as a group! I am unequivocally asking for a coordinated effort here, that will certainly pay off if 1) you're holding Bitcoins and 2) if you want to see a freer monetary system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2011, 11:41:10 PM

I have to admit, I like Atlas's speaking tone. I can easily picture him giving a Ted Talk.

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 11:47:24 PM

You've already said it.  They're conspiracy minded folks who may bring a bad image to bitcoin.

(BFL)^2 < 0
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2011, 11:47:37 PM

I, for one, am happy to hear that the bitcoin community will be joining forces with Alex Jones to oppose the reptilian menace.

E: how the hell does your audio get so badly desynched in 6 minute video?
ParrotyBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 11:58:47 PM

Yes, it is but we must first capture the group that we barely have a fraction of: Passionate, politically-active and liberty-minded individuals who want a sound monetary system. If we capture the political grassroots, we can gradually ease Bitcoin into the mainstream.

Have there actually been any fringe ideas advanced by Alex Jones that have entered the mainstream? Whether or not he's right or wrong on a specific subject, I think him taking a position on an issue actually tends to make it less popular with the public, given his history.
cruikshank

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 12:20:44 AM

Have there actually been any fringe ideas advanced by Alex Jones that have entered the mainstream? Whether or not he's right or wrong on a specific subject, I think him taking a position on an issue actually tends to make it less popular with the public, given his history.

Outside of people that believe everything they hear on Coast to Coast AM, nope. It would actually be counter productive mainstream wise to try and get people like Alex Jones in on it. It would be like trying to launch a new brand of juice with Jim Jones as the spokesperson.

1JvnFCbMXAyeooPggF9snLAeg3A2QVV8eh
JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 12:22:23 AM

We go from Bruce Wagner to Alex Jones?

I thought the goal was to rescue bitcoin and turn things around?
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 12:23:44 AM

I, for one, am happy to hear that the bitcoin community will be joining forces with Alex Jones to oppose the reptilian menace.

That was actually my first thought, why does everyone ignore ignore any existing outreach projects and thing we always need a new one?
Also a larger community doesn't bring stability, look at wallst or existing comodities like gold/silver i sold some silver coins at 40/ounce a month ago it's ~30 now

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Anonymous

October 08, 2011, 12:24:49 AM

Yes, it is but we must first capture the group that we barely have a fraction of: Passionate, politically-active and liberty-minded individuals who want a sound monetary system. If we capture the political grassroots, we can gradually ease Bitcoin into the mainstream.

His following has grown collectively by word-of-mouth. If anything, Bitcoin will at least gain traction within this group which will still build the adoption rate. This is not in vain if it does nothing to build mainstream adoption. It will only build the currency as a whole which is a step closer to having something stable and more easily adoptable.
Anonymous

October 08, 2011, 12:26:16 AM

That was actually my first thought, why does everyone ignore ignore any existing outreach projects and thing we always need a new one?
Also a larger community doesn't bring stability, look at wallst or existing comodities like gold/silver i sold some silver coins at 40/ounce a month ago it's ~30 now
That fluctuation in price is only due to our current economic instability. There's a lot humbug surrounding gold and silver right now. An emotional price is only expected but it doesn't change the fact that it's sound money with intrinsic backing.
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 12:43:32 AM

i have opinions on the subject i will not state in this post.

although i think its a good first step to get the word out.

cruikshank

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 12:53:54 AM

I don't know about Alex Jones specifically, but you do know that the crowd that he is with is one that is big on buying gold and silver in part because USD is no longer backed by gold. You would have to work really hard to convince him to start using a currency that isn't backed by anything, is easy to trace by means of blockexplorers, and wouldn't work in a post-apolitical world with internet and power outages (which is also the reason why people are buying gold and silver: they can still be traded if the world goes to shit.)

Better off just letting it grow on its own by getting more merchants and people interested in on it, and using it.

1JvnFCbMXAyeooPggF9snLAeg3A2QVV8eh
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 01:07:16 AM

I don't know about Alex Jones specifically, but you do know that the crowd that he is with is one that is big on buying gold and silver in part because USD is no longer backed by gold. You would have to work really hard to convince him to start using a currency that isn't backed by anything, is easy to trace by means of blockexplorers, and wouldn't work in a post-apolitical world with internet and power outages (which is also the reason why people are buying gold and silver: they can still be traded if the world goes to shit.)

Better off just letting it grow on its own by getting more merchants and people interested in on it, and using it.

Somehow, something just dawn on me after I read this post. Alex Jones has a direct and indirect vested interests in gold and silver. I believe one of his main sources of income is from the advertising of such. By plugging Bitcoin, some money would flow to it oppose to the gold advertisers. A million bucks going towards Bitcoin and not to the advertisers would put a dent in his income for he's not apt to get a return by promoting Bitcoin. (sorry if this post is choppy, but you all see my jest, I assume).
JonHind

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 01:07:59 AM

So this really isn't an ironical thread?

Alex Jones?

Seriously?
Anonymous

October 08, 2011, 01:12:34 AM

Alex Jones?

Seriously?

It's not about Alex Jones. It's about his audience. The fact is that it consists of people that will help build Bitcoin.
JonHind

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 01:49:10 AM

Alex Jones?

Seriously?

It's not about Alex Jones. It's about his audience. The fact is that it consists of people that will help build Bitcoin.
Do you know about the types of people who are attracted to his insane ramblings? Do you think that the saviours of bitcoins are going to come from the ranks of Alex Jones followers? Paranoid schizophrenic tin-foil wearing conspiracy nutjobs?

I'm sorry kid, but you are so ignorant and deluded if you think this is a good idea.

I think it's time to put this idea onto the scrap pile along with all the others.
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:49:23 AM

If you have 10 different people promoting bitcoin, then they will attract 10 different types of listeners.

But if you shut the first guy up when he tries to speak, then where will be 0 promoters.

The negative response in thread sounds like the poster hates both freedom of speech as well as bitcoin promotions. I sincerely hope that's not the case.

Instead of criticizing Alex, why not make your own videos?
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 02:57:52 AM

Instead of criticizing Alex, why not make your own videos?

far easier to capitalize from an already very known persons success than to create your own success i guess.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 05:00:52 AM

I would almost suggest going with mark Levin instead. He's more plain libertarian, and at least nowhere nearly as cooky or controversian as Alex. Though if you are looking for an audience of fanatics, you can't beat Alex or Rush.

My only major concern is that doing this may make some businesses decide not to use Bitcoin because it may become "controversial," and businesses tend to avoid political and religious issues. It's still a sound idea though...
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 06:03:05 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2011, 08:03:52 AM by evolve

sure, why not.

lets get an insane, glorified morning show dj, to talk about bitcoins in-between conspiracy theory rants about alien lizard-people.....

that'll help.

yup.

maybe next we can get meth-riddled hobos to yell out the merits of bitcoins at passing traffic?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: