Bitcoin Forum
September 13, 2024, 06:19:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutyfree.io - Buy cheap cigarettes with Bitcoin  (Read 146713 times)
mrsalve

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:24:02 PM

This prices are higher then in shops of my country.

Because they buy them from the shop in your country and sell to the countries with much higher prices, adding markup and shipping costs. That's how it works in general.

Not really. I live in EU country.

My guess they are Russian or Ukrainian.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
tribanogrami

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:59:45 PM

This prices are higher then in shops of my country.

Because they buy them from the shop in your country and sell to the countries with much higher prices, adding markup and shipping costs. That's how it works in general.

Not really. I live in EU country.

My guess they are Russian or Ukrainian.

From Moldova

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
PDATA
TOKEN
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
larebz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 05:32:28 PM

A word of warning

I've ordered a couple of cartons using registered mail quite a while ago but haven't received them. Wrote letter to Only asking to resend the lost package, but instead received a reply that tracking system is imperfect.
Probably it is in some cases, but the previous package that I've ordered arrived and was tracked. When i tried to point that out, Only cut all communications, doesn't reply to emails and messages here.

The terms of service on the dutyfree.io is merely a text, nothing more.

Q: Will you refund/re-send lost orders?

A: We will re-send your order free of charge in case you can prove it’s actually been lost. For that you would need to have it shipped to you via Registered airmail. Having multiple previous orders and generally being a decent human being helps, too. We are not huge believers in free lunch.

Be warned.

Same for me, I order in december 2015 a pack of camel by tracked airmail that I've not received adn then in July 2016, in 2 case my ship was block at the aeroport. I ask for resend but I just received some reduction price, but after 2 ships lost I dont want to loose money again.
PS: i order from france.

Same for me too, was waiting a month and half until i received the dreaded customs letter  Sad  Was then told there was nothing he can do, not very helpful or sympathetic at all, after long waiting times on responses may i add as well.

I would say to anyone now be very wary when ordering from here as i don't really believe the '1 in 10 packages are stopped' spiel, i presume this to be much higher in reality.
only (OP)

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 08:07:41 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2016, 04:03:07 PM by only

...i presume this to be much higher in reality.

And you're basing your assumption on what exactly, on one occurrence?

hankakston

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 03:16:08 PM

I am know sure what's happening but dutyfree.io has grown from a reliable cigarette merchant to a
We don't respond to customer queries  and don't provide shipping proof company. It Already 1 carton was lost and they refuse to answer queries at all..

How about you stop whining already?

Dutyfree.io has been good for me for over a year. However, one mistake is all I ever allow. I do not give second chances. One mistake and trust is lost. This is called simple justice.

I’m just looking at the cost of the mistake I made in not ordering “Tracked airmail” last time. It has cost me $90.00, or should I say $90.00 was stolen from me from dutyfree.io? No, I cannot prove that two cartons were lost. So it’s a matter of trust, isn’t it.

I ordered four cartons on October 12. Two came. Two never have.

I’m not whining.

I accept my mistake not reading the Q&A to see I should have ordered “Tracked airmail”. I’m not whining. I accept having to go back to FSC stuff since the headaches I get from those, at least I will never lose money. And I do trust the local vendor to hand over immediately my cigarettes as I pass him my money. The headache of losing money is not worth it.   

It's too bad. This is my experience, my decision. I do not suggest staying away from dutyfree.io. As I say, my experience was good - as long as it was good. Lost packages will happen. I wish anyone well who tries them. They are good, but I hope you can afford it the time it comes that your smokes are lost.
poesjesvanger

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 06:10:14 PM

Just ordered for 150$.. Hope I receive them soon!
Will keep you guys updated.

poesjesvanger

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 03:11:09 PM

The cigarettes got caught in customs, great. Reason : Prohibited articles - item not deliveredMeasure : Item seized or destroyed because of nature of content
Hope they´ll resend them soon, will keep you guys updated again!

poesjesvanger

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 07:36:58 PM

The cigarettes got caught in customs, great. Reason : Prohibited articles - item not deliveredMeasure : Item seized or destroyed because of nature of content
So, both the orders got cancelled for the same damn reason : Prohibited articles - item not deliveredMeasure : Item seized or destroyed because of nature of content
(They sent 2 different packages with each 2 cartons in it)
Will e-mail them now and ask them to resend / refund.
Will keep you guys updated!
Thanks.

poesjesvanger

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 02:11:27 PM

So, both the orders got cancelled for the same damn reason : Prohibited articles - item not deliveredMeasure : Item seized or destroyed because of nature of content
(They sent 2 different packages with each 2 cartons in it)
Will e-mail them now and ask them to resend / refund.
Will keep you guys updated!
Thanks.
The support seems to ignore me, they might have scammed me. Will keep you guys updated Sad
Wouldn´t suggest buying until I post more!

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1620

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 08:13:41 PM

The support seems to ignore me, they might have scammed me. Will keep you guys updated Sad

I don't get it, how do you think they've scammed you? You ordered cigs and they've sent them to you. You got unlucky and have all of them seized by the customs. As far as I remember, dutyfree would re-send them only if you refuse the parcel and the customs sends it back to dutyfree (although not every country provides such option).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
    ◥ DICE  ◥ MINES  ◥ PLINKO  ◥ DUEL POKER  ◥ DICE DUELS   
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
poesjesvanger

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 08:28:34 PM

I don't get it, how do you think they've scammed you? You ordered cigs and they've sent them to you. You got unlucky and have all of them seized by the customs. As far as I remember, dutyfree would re-send them only if you refuse the parcel and the customs sends it back to dutyfree (although not every country provides such option).
I am pretty sure that if the customs catch it, they´ll resend. Their site is down RN so I can´t show you the FAQ, but, if that is true, then why don´t they even bother e-mailing me back? If that´s how they treat their customers, that´s, well, not too good.
I´ll make another post when their site is back up online.

poesjesvanger

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 09:00:09 PM

I am pretty sure that if the customs catch it, they´ll resend. Their site is down RN so I can´t show you the FAQ, but, if that is true, then why don´t they even bother e-mailing me back? If that´s how they treat their customers, that´s, well, not too good.
Q: Will you refund/resend lost orders?
A: We will resend your order free of charge only if you can prove it’s actually been lost. For this, it needs to be shipped via “Tracked airmail” (we urge you to pick this shipping option to make life easier for all the involved parties) – otherwise we can’t really tell if it’s true, can we? We are not huge believers in free lunch.
I have proof that my cigarettes got lost, I have shipped with Tracked airmail, so how could they not refund it?
Well, thanks for your comment anyways, have a nice day dude Smiley

pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 09:19:15 PM

A: We will resend your order free of charge only if you can prove it’s actually been lost. For this, it needs to be shipped via “Tracked airmail” (we urge you to pick this shipping option to make life easier for all the involved parties) – otherwise we can’t really tell if it’s true, can we? We are not huge believers in free lunch.
I have proof that my cigarettes got lost, I have shipped with Tracked airmail, so how could they not refund it?

But your parcels haven't been lost, they've been seized by the customs, you know where they are.

Look again at "Q" directly above the one you quoted, it goes like this:

Q: Will you refund me in case I am asked to pay the excise duty?

A: We don’t do that, and for a good reason. Well, two actually. First, we don’t want to create an incentive to cheat – seizure notification letters are being ‘photoshoped’ and are in the wild already. Secondly, we want to avoid funding the refunds through an increase in overall prices – we’d much rather keep our prices as low as we can and share the (albeit rather small) seizure risk with our customers. In most countries (as explained in the answer above), this risk is either inexistent, very low or harmless (the final price still stays below the local market price).

If you happen to live in a country with tough customs and your package gets stopped and you’re unhappy about having to pay the big brother, you have the legal right to refuse the parcel and have it sent back to us. We resend all the incoming mail right back to the customer, free of charge.

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
viziano

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:26:36 PM

Damn..
Camel costs 1$ in my country  Grin
but this seems good for other countries for sure.
Good luck with sales!

...........  FREE DISTRIBUTION TO BTC HOLDERS                                 NEW CONSENSUS ALGORITHM
● Byteball ●.   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..........  REGULATORY COMPLIANT ASSETS                                       UNTRACEABLE PAYMENTS
poesjesvanger

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 06:07:11 AM

But your parcels haven't been lost, they've been seized by the customs, you know where they are.

Look again at "Q" directly above the one you quoted, it goes like this:

Q: Will you refund me in case I am asked to pay the excise duty?

A: We don’t do that, and for a good reason. Well, two actually. First, we don’t want to create an incentive to cheat – seizure notification letters are being ‘photoshoped’ and are in the wild already. Secondly, we want to avoid funding the refunds through an increase in overall prices – we’d much rather keep our prices as low as we can and share the (albeit rather small) seizure risk with our customers. In most countries (as explained in the answer above), this risk is either inexistent, very low or harmless (the final price still stays below the local market price).

If you happen to live in a country with tough customs and your package gets stopped and you’re unhappy about having to pay the big brother, you have the legal right to refuse the parcel and have it sent back to us. We resend all the incoming mail right back to the customer, free of charge.

Since I paid 5$ each carton for Tracked Shippings, and as you can see on the tracking site, http://www.posta.md/en/tracking?id=RB023519292MD, the customs seized it / destroyed it. Not sure if they'll send it back to the dutyfree.io people, but this is the proof,  so why would I need a letter?

pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 07:02:36 AM

Since I paid 5$ each carton for Tracked Shippings, and as you can see on the tracking site, http://www.posta.md/en/tracking?id=RB023519292MD, the customs seized it / destroyed it. Not sure if they'll send it back to the dutyfree.io people, but this is the proof,  so why would I need a letter?

Don't know if Netherlands is any different, but normally when the parcel is seized, you'd receive a letter from the customs. They'd ask you to either pay the duty or have your cigs destroyed. In some countries you can refuse the delivery and the parcel is returned back to sender (unless the goods are illegal, counterfeited etc), in such case - dutyfree would re-send.

So, if Netherlands allow recipients to refuse deliveries and return seized goods to senders, than you'd need to wait for the letter to tell the customs what do you want them to do with your cigs.

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
BongaManollo

Activity: 237

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:38:58 AM

Don't know if Netherlands is any different, but normally when the parcel is seized, you'd receive a letter from the customs. They'd ask you to either pay the duty or have your cigs destroyed. In some countries you can refuse the delivery and the parcel is returned back to sender (unless the goods are illegal, counterfeited etc), in such case - dutyfree would re-send.

So, if Netherlands allow recipients to refuse deliveries and return seized goods to senders, than you'd need to wait for the letter to tell the customs what do you want them to do with your cigs.

They don't always send letters, they destroy it if they found the items. NL succes rate is 0% at the moment with al suppliers from bitcointalk.
poesjesvanger

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 09:07:13 AM

They don't always send letters, they destroy it if they found the items. NL succes rate is 0% at the moment with al suppliers from bitcointalk.
So that basically means that my cigarettes are gone forever and dutyfree.io wont refund?

BongaManollo

Activity: 237

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:21:56 AM

So that basically means that my cigarettes are gone forever and dutyfree.io wont refund?

Yup, in other countries you can sometimes pay duty for it, in NL it's forbidden to receive them by mail so they are destroyed.
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:26:13 AM

Has anyone ordered from Spain?  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh

¿Alguien ha hecho algún pedido desde España?   Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: