Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:15:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
Main ML

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:10:41 PM

Yeah your correct people keeping their own device is riky, in my experience i lost my coins keeping in my device because i really trust it's is secured,but i'm sad to say isn't because i can't expect the system lost of my computer and all my privatekeys are in my computer sad to can't  get my coins into my wallet.

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:13:44 PM

I really know how I have struggled hard to get this coins in my wallet so keeping it secured is my number one priority. Anyone who knows you can simply check your account and onetime drain all you have so physically I make sure that I keep it safe. 

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
samiul12

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:17:08 PM

Yes I think so. Now a days it is very difficult to secure my bitcoin but after a long term of hard work I can not easily want to lose my goal by risking its safety. So every time I double check that my device is safe and I use different device to keep it. It is a nice way and a better one.
Nahid Alom

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:18:13 PM

yes sure because many apps are risky so if you secure your mobile and laptops that there are very little chance of your hardware wallet getting robbed unless you give it away to someone willingly.  always need to be safe.  Smiley
jozymens7

Activity: 392

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 08:19:23 PM

Yeah sure. I know that in this world not even my girlfriend will I trust so much that I wont keep my wallets safe from her. I try my best to keep it physically safe and secured from all forms of thefts and attacks.

memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:20:57 PM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?
Hold tokens on large exchanges is also a safe place. I often hold my token on Bittrex and Binance exchanges, and I have never been hacked token on these exchanges. But using cold wallets is still the safest place to hold the coin

Am I spamming? Report me!
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:32:34 PM

I think, after some exchange hacked by a hacker, today we still see few people who keep their assets in the wallet exchange.

people should not store their assets after the event of the collapse of MTGOX due to market manipulation.
and of course, security is the most important thing, physical security, value security, and others.

so, I prefer to use hard wallets to save large amounts of assets.

Will.Smith

Activity: 415
Merit: 103

"Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 08:38:43 PM

It highly depends on how much money you have on the exchange/wallet. It it's neccessary to store long term and amount is big enough for you then it's better to store it in ledger inside bank cell. But if you need some amount of your crypto portfolio for daily trade or you using it regularly for something then it's ok to use something less safe but more convenient.

pltgksl

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 08:43:25 PM

Security is the most important issue in the cryptocurrency world and also it is very diffucult because there are many negative aspect of secure
teamspike911

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:17:16 PM

No ... I somehow think it's better just to not tell anyone about your money)
Then no one and steal will not ... the more so that to hide the flash drive with the data is much easier than a bunch of money
dgreat

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:31:24 PM

My private key is known to me alone. But  even at then, I still lock my system to avoid the unforseen event or occurrence because these hackers can be very funny sometimes.
jpnl0004

Activity: 198

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:38:48 PM

Physically i keep my coins secured i do keep safe in my wallet not just wallet and also in the exchange for easier transaction to made so and also my private key is well hidden and with this i feel secured
jetjet

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:45:30 PM

I just leave my coin to the exchanges. having 2fa authentication is enough to secure your account from hackers and unwanted used. I just leave it to exchanges for me to easily trade my holdings if ever price goes up. I am confident with exchanges wallet so no need to worry.
jpnl0005

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:59:04 PM

First to ensure my coin is safe i keep my private key safe then i split my coins in my wallet and exchange but most times i have my coins in exchange is because i want to make a transaction thanks.
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:43:32 PM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?
Sad to say that i live in a country where we cannot live things even an umbrella in a place and not unattended by a person we know or company with. So i don’t think we’ll be able to leave our laptop and just go to the comfort room. That’s how careful we are with our valuable stuffs.
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:27:30 PM

I am keeping my coins all in my wallet but I have keep my private keys or pw in a usb in which I am keeping it in my safe together with my passport and all important documents. I Don't just save it anyware. I have it also in my laptop but my laptop is secured and has password and I don't bring it anywhere so it is safe at home.
LooBaao

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:38:12 PM

I always keep my coin safe, I always watch out for hackers, maybe in the future I can not be prevented, but maybe now I put the security is always on the top.
Buster2001

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:36:26 PM

I sure do. At all times. Cold and paper wallets are must-have.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:52:40 PM

I keep mine in a Trezor wallet, with only small amounts on exchanges except when I might add more for a specific trade. I also use local bitcoin for fiat/bitcoin trades both ways, usually face to face transactions. Just think crypto is no different from, fiat if you lose your crypto/fiat or get robbed then it will hurt.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
CanineDanny

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:23:40 PM

As prescribed: cold wallet + keys in the safe locations Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: