Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:28:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:51:46 AM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?

Of course we all have trust issues so for me to feel much secure I bought an offline wallet and store all my cryptocurrency in that thing because a lot of things are happening into the internet world so in order to be secured into those hackers I put it into a hardware. But of course I have some few in my online wallet for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loragean03

Activity: 403

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:53:00 AM

Of course yes, i am not storing my coins in just a single wallets, example when im at work, my gadgets stored only a few amount of crypto to be use in a part time trading, aside from that i also have laptop that carries my crypto wallet info,  but its encrypted by code from notepad to system file to be more secure even if i lost my laptop. The only one who carries my huge amount of crypto is my hardware wallet which is secure at my home.
worldsuccess01

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:49:29 AM

Yes of course If I had a chance can earned tokens I will kept it very safety that my coins physically secured I put it into my own private wallet so that the hackers can not stolen my coins.Many hackers is searching only a private coins where it be put in the system.
axcel0408

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:25:50 AM

Yes of course I can keep my coins physically secure. To secure my coins I use my hardware wallet because it has strong protection. It will also reduce the  possibility of hacking.So its sure by using my wallet I can keep my coins physically secure. It is very important to secure my coins. If I don't I will loose a lot of coins.That's why I need to keep physically secure  my coins.       
ntodntodan69

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:28:24 AM

Bitcoin does not exist. You can not save it anywhere, it's in blockchain. That is distributed and decentralized. Having a hardware wallet does not mean that you have it there. It means your blockchain access key is there. But no computer that I use for routine activities has any access to my wallet or the exchanges. I make everything from a computer unique to these activities. And my seeds are very well kept in different places from where I live.
Ok sir, I really agree with your expression, physically there is no coin, so we can only secure it through the computer we have using very good security, so that no one will steal it.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 03:31:34 AM

I have considered these factors before. If you are using the device that contains your wallet / storage, don't ever put your private keys/seeds there.

My remedy on this one is back up and 2FA (if needed) but back up for me is enough.

And also be responsible wherever you go, it's your money that you are securing if you go in public places not others.

I got a major problem in 2FA specially if you are using your own mobile number. If the phone you are using is lost specially that number of sim card used in the registration then your totally doomed just like me before. So I suggest that if using 2FA make sure that you are using your email because you can access it anywhere unlike the above mentioned.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:34:16 AM

Yes, I do. Because I bought a hardware wallet,  I don't believe any kind of online wallets anymore. Because we saw many times that myetherwallet got hacked. So, I think my coins are physically secure.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
barsharkol12

Activity: 197

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:08:08 AM

of course. i always make my wallet secure. we are talking here money it not good for you if youre wallet got hacked and a the coins got stole from its just a like a baby who is crying after the food got stole by an animal like dogs. you must secure you wallet so that you can make sure that it is safe all the time.
Banulit

Activity: 674

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:16:38 AM

Yes i think my coins are secured i cannot use a private key because i have an experience hack my coins so now i use a jason file and the password i will save in my mind only now i assure my coins will secured.

pinot95

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:21:49 AM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

I am keeping all my important things including my wallets, bags, laptops and also my digital assets. Leaving in public is a big no to me because I cannot afford to lose my important belongings. We cannot trust everybody specially in public places. The only one to be blame if that incident will happen is the owner itself for not taking care of his/her things. Better to be safe than sorry.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:23:38 AM

I make sure I lock my devices if I ever leave it's sight. I don't like leaving all my coins in one wallet, exchange or paper wallet. I like to keep them in different places in case one of them gets jeopardize. I do have a hardware wallet that I use for my main wallet and that doesn't ever leave my side. I always make sure I have my belongings with me everytime I go somewhere.
Storing bitcoin in many wallets will also minimize risk, and make sure you have a different password in each account to make it more
secure, I myself use that method, and add 2fa to each account, the result is I've never been stolen
lexkiee28

Activity: 368
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:24:31 AM

Before my coins are unsecured because the hacker stole my coins and now I decide to use a ledger wallet to secured my coins myetherwallet got hacked don't use a private key because the hacker will copy and withdraw your coins.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Buzhou

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:44:12 AM

In my opinion it depends a lot on the coin and the quantity because sometimes you will have efforts to ensure your safety, of course this is important, but sometimes you could make your life easier.
Vineeta2oct

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:52:56 AM

Well, my portfolio is not very big and hardware wallets are kind of expensive, so I can't afford them but I don't leave my coins and tokens on any exchange. I use web wallets and desktop wallets and keep their private keys encrypted and safe.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 351

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 04:59:21 AM

My device is not that secure but I have no choice of putting all my funds in here because I don't have hardware wallets. I even store my private keys but now I already transfered all of them into a piece of paper and write it manually for security purposes.  I am actually planning to buy hardware wallets but for now I have to earn more so that I can afford to buy one in the near future.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:23:22 PM

I don't have coins yet but I'm planning to keep half to a hard wallet and half of it in exchanges for safe keeping. In case market value goes up or down.

This is a good idea. We should not put our asset into one place. Distributing your bitcoin is a wisest idea to store it safely though I use trustworthy application to store mine.
Zainal-baguz

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:25:24 PM

if I always try to be all the coins I have, bro. as much as possible so that something that I never wanted was like theft

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
Elexsis

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:31:38 PM

of course, everybody wants to be safe as well as with me, I wipe my coin safely in my wallet.
Everybody does and I also did the same as what other's opinion here, as we all know a lot of reports having a problem regarding into scamming. Your wallet is safe for as long as you will keep it and never share the private keys, make sure passwords in every account is not the same also.
rfj

Activity: 214

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:01:43 PM

Keeping our coins in online wallets and some exchange sites are common. But you need to be careful and make sure to secure your private keys, don't leave any details in the public. Make a spreadsheet with a password to keep your private keys and wallet details so nobody can access your wallets. And make sure to not leave your devices unattended.

A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:45:23 PM

Im a beginner so i don't have a coins yet but i am planning that i put my coins in safe and secure wallet like hard wallet. Keeping coins and tokens into a safe place is the greatest way to prevent loss that we don't want to happen. So soon my coins is physically secure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: