Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:48:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
tokatuku

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:10:21 AM

I keep my coins safe, it is all my property, I use cold wallets, hard purses to secure my property, use it in a very safe way.
prediction on bush

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:04:01 AM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?

Of course all bitcoin users will keep their coins physically secure because who's the person obey their coins to hacker of course none.
xysheeh03

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:14:36 AM

Yes, and we should keep our coins physically secure because we are the ones who will get it, and we should keep our coin wallets secure from the hackers and thief online, but we should remember our personal accounts and wallets so that we can get it and nobody else will.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:20:24 AM

I've read a lot of articles claiming that the hardware wallet Ledger Nano S is one of the safest and secured way of storing Bitcoin. However i believe that the total security of Bitcoin storage is in the care of the holder of a particular wallet irrespective of the type. How secured and safe you keep your login details determines the security level of your wallet.
GreenEarth22

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:16:15 AM

I think yes because i always use hardware wallets and i believe it is more secure than any other wallets because in the case of my coins i will never going to take any risk.
jdeanne92

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:11:08 PM

Since i dont have any hardwarewallet my coins are all in different major exchanges. All these exchanges have positive feedbacks from different people. Though they are trusted exchanges, still there is no guarantee that my coins will always be safe anytime of the day.
Dadaro

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:22:37 PM

use hardware wallet like trezor or if you can't afford one try paper wallet it also take the form of cold storage as they are not connected on the internet.
BulbaLord

Activity: 261

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:47:43 PM

Of course i make sure to keep my coins secure . Im the one who only know my pin to open my wallet . But dont be comfortable , you must need more knowledge on how to protect coins to make our coins very secure and safe .
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:17:01 PM

Of course i make sure to keep my coins secure . Im the one who only know my pin to open my wallet . But dont be comfortable , you must need more knowledge on how to protect coins to make our coins very secure and safe .

Well there may be cases where online wallets are compromised. Phishing has been rampant especially with the value of btc being way higher than a couple of years ago. Spend for security and get a hard wallet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Oduada

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:20:34 PM

the ways coins are kept is supposed to be safe and considered to be the most personalised and secret things one has to keep personal. it is a good one and one has to be more careful.
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:08:20 AM

I think all of my coins are physically secure in my hardware wallet. But it also true no wallet can’t provide 100%security.

Is it ledger right ? Ledger is getting famous right now because you can store your wallet physically and hard to hack. I haven't heard this ledger since I joing bitcoin but later on it is known because of lot of hacking that happen to us . It is really secure if also you are also careful and not careless
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:11:26 AM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Just like our tangible wallet, we must keep our digital wallet secure. It is advisable if we can make it, we must use different laptop or device for our daily work and for our bitcoin.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Pogi2000

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:32:04 AM

Yes, because there are many security threats in online so that it is better to have a physical coins so that we can protect it to possible threats.
Jolozxc

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:48:23 AM

If it for me I will keep my coin on safe place like I read somewhere that we can put our wallet or bitcoin on paper then print it, I like that idea how are we going to keep our bitcoin in that way, for me many people at risk if they dont have a proper way of keeping they coin.
Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:05:16 PM

You can only keep your coins secure by getting a hardware wallet like trezor or ledger nano. This is what you do to secure your coins safely and this would protect your bitcoin and all your coins .
TurboPower

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:06:28 PM

Bitcoin does not exist. You can not spare it anyplace, it's in blockchain. That is dispersed and decentralized. Having an equipment wallet does not imply that you have it there. It implies your blockchain get to key is there. However, no PC that I use for routine exercises has any entrance to my wallet or the trades. I make everything from a PC exceptional to these exercises. What's more, my seeds are exceptionally well kept in better places from where I live.
Rubel23

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:23:16 PM

Well, I think my wallets are safe in my own device.None has the right to touch or use my device without my permission. Moreover, I don't share my wallets private key with anyone as I'm not a fool.So, It is safe as long as it iis in my own devices.

Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:36:20 PM

Bitcoin does not exist. You can not spare it anyplace, it's in blockchain. That is dispersed and decentralized. Having an equipment wallet does not imply that you have it there. It implies your blockchain get to key is there. However, no PC that I use for routine exercises has any entrance to my wallet or the trades. I make everything from a PC exceptional to these exercises. What's more, my seeds are exceptionally well kept in better places from where I live.
Actually the coins that I own right now are digitally and virtually. So basically it's found in the internet and I don't have them in my hands. They are secured in my account since no one knows it except me. I believe in the security of my account so rest assured that they are safe there and no one can steal them from me.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 03:45:33 PM

I am aware of the fact that Bitcoin and entire crypto industry is all about self-responsibility and hence one should hold himself responsible for the consequences took place after his actions. I am holding my more than 50% funds in a securely generated paper wallet having multiple backup copies and then I am using Trezor Hardware Wallet for ease of access. I am also using web wallet but never keep more than 5% of the funds there.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:33:33 PM

Its a quite big problem hackers are always trying to penetrate in your system. Even I don't have trust on exchanges. I always do keep my coins in trezor wallet that is very secured wallet to secure the coins. My most of the gadgets are password protected and even 2FA also applied. I always use all the security measures to avoid any kind of mishappening or loss. I do not keep my password in my system I keep it on paper at safe place.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: