Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
Pr3ko

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:53:40 PM

Yeahh i do keep my wallet physically secured because these days some hackers are very smart and skillful to the extent that they can hack most online wallets if care is not taken so the best place to keep your cryptocurrency is on a hardware wallet and i encourage dat everyone try as much as possible to get one.
stefy77

Activity: 658
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:17:30 PM

I have so few cryptocurrencies that I still use software but I should buy a hardware wallet to live more serene. If I had more crypto, I'm undecided whether to invest that money for the safety of the little stuff.
Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:26:39 PM

I keep all my investments in a cold wallet. Mine's called a Tresor. I have well studied the issue of storage and this wallet seemed to me the most reliable, because it is stored separately from the computer. It's pretty safe.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:43:23 PM

While all my coins are on the stock exchange. I know it's not safe and I'm already looking for a secure wallet. This is very important for successful investment.
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:50:48 PM

Storing bitcoin is one of the most important aspects to consider when you decide to invest. Many recommend using offline wallets, and I also consider them to be the safest.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
helern

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:58:02 PM

It is obvious that the best way to keep this crypto secure is to consider keeping it physically secure and that is better than online security
insurgent

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:45:40 PM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?
Yes I keep my coins physically secure. Well I store my coins in a hardware to make sure that no one is able to get my coins. It is one of the safest wallet . Hackers nowadays can do whatever they want thats why need to be aware of everything.

P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:25:39 PM

It is obvious that the best way to keep this crypto secure is to consider keeping it physically secure and that is better than online security

I agree, if will make our coins to be physically secure, it would be a great advantage to us; hackers won’t be able to access it so it will be safer than having an online wallet.

PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 11:44:57 PM

Basically, keeping my crypto assets is way more than secure than keeping my fiat money. Writing account information in a paper is not also necessary because it's too risky and will just expose your digital assets to someone else if you lost that piece of paper. Even saving my account's information on e-mail is too risky so i just keep it on an external drive and keep it somewhere only i know.

Tides_Network (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 08:32:59 PM

Basically, keeping my crypto assets is way more than secure than keeping my fiat money. Writing account information in a paper is not also necessary because it's too risky and will just expose your digital assets to someone else if you lost that piece of paper. Even saving my account's information on e-mail is too risky so i just keep it on an external drive and keep it somewhere only i know.

I hope you've got all that saved on more than on external drive, as they're known to fail and you dont want one single point of failure to throw a wrench in your life!

ICO-free decentralized health insurance project
https://t.me/tidesnetwork
https://www.Tides.Network
IamKnowledge

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:39:06 PM

The most confidential aspect of our crypto business is our wallet privacy. You must always make sure not to expose the detail of your wallet to a friend or any relative. You may not know how when they would becomes enemies and make the attempt of stealing your coins.
Tszone

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:47:12 PM

A key step to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet—a physical device, like a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn’t connected to the internet.
nagobinga

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:24:01 PM

Keeping the coin very safe is certain, especially now that there are many people who do evil to our address from the hacher hacher which is very dangerous and we still face it in a smile.
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:53:12 PM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?

In this generation,  a lot of innovations are strongly patronised. Therfore, a parallelism with such crime in the digital world from these innovation is a down fall. Although some may not be affected by it yet others are actually quite ruined. For me, physical security is not really an answer but it is on how you will managr your bitcoin.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:11:29 PM

The answer is simply yes. Ever since I've started in crypto land a couple of years ago, I've taken the liberty to secure my coins as much as possible, since hackers have been on the loose hunting for loot. To keep them secure, I never disclose the amount of coins I have, and I always use a hardware wallet along with a paper wallet for all my transactions. Every time I want to receive coins, I quickly change my public key, adding a greater level of privacy. A public key is generated for each transaction to prevent prying eyes from spying how much coins I own in my wallet.

For even greater security, I use Linux operating system instead of Windows to conduct my crypto transactions. I never leave coins in an online exchange, except for a very small amount to be used for trading purposes. The paper wallet I use, has been generated offline in a freshly installed computer, encrypted with a BIP 38 passphrase. All of this has helped me so far to keep my coins physically secure against hacks or theft, without having to worry about such risks.

Therefore, if you follow these steps, it'll be practically impossible for a hacker to get access to your funds. It's always recommended to stay updated with the latest threats, to protect yourself against them. With good protection and awareness, your money in crypto will be as safe as a bank. Wink

Xalata

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:16:46 PM

Sure, keeping your coins physically secure is very important if you are into the investment of cryptocurrencies because these days if you don't take care you might be redirected to a phishing site which can hack your private key of your wallet.

coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:17:01 PM

Saving your coins online to me is not a bad idea but you need to be extremely careful with you private keys. I remember a friend of mine who mistakenly submit his private key instead of wallet address and lost all his funds.  Though external device such as ledger is more secure to save your cryptocurrencies but not every one that can afford it for a start. Just be careful with your private keys by keeping them in a safe and secure place by so doing your funds will be perfectly saved.
Blackrain13

Activity: 328
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:35:38 PM

I think everyone of us here wants our coins being secured because nobody wants to loss it. Me,personally to make sure that my coins is secured i store it on different wallet and also use 2fa authenticator. We can't avoid hackers so be wise also to avoid lossing your coins. Also keep always the private key and password safe that nobody can stole it or copy it.

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
bentong talong

Activity: 383

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:37:56 PM

I think everyone of us here wants our coins being secured because nobody wants to loss it. Me,personally to make sure that my coins is secured i store it on different wallet and also use 2fa authenticator. We can't avoid hackers so be wise also to avoid lossing your coins. Also keep always the private key and password safe that nobody can stole it or copy it.
Definitely, right now some of my coins are physically secured and some are still in my online wallet. Even though it is in my online wallet, I always make sure that it is strongly secured.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
cyriljundos

Activity: 432

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:12:44 AM

I am hiding my coins securely with myetherwallet for scam prevention because this is the only way to keep a coin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: