Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:18:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
Tides_Network (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:38:56 AM

Yes, and I always prefer best wallets in this purpose and I also suggest every one that if they want proper security of their crypro then they must choose hardware wallets because it is little expensive but very much safe.

And make sure if you're going to get a hardware wallet, dont buy it from ebay! These types of things should never be sold used or refurbished.

ICO-free decentralized health insurance project
https://t.me/tidesnetwork
https://www.Tides.Network
Klongkhunosi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:10:47 AM

Physically secure means I think hardware wallet will be the answer. I always keep my hardware wallet in a locker.
SofiaClarke743

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:37:12 AM

I keep it safe but if at the right time I will sell it. There are safe wallets depending on your needs.
Tides_Network (OP)

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 03:56:37 AM

I keep it safe but if at the right time I will sell it. There are safe wallets depending on your needs.

In general, if you're about to sell it you don't need to keep that amount as safe. Thats where the hotwallet/coldwallet dichotomy comes in.

ICO-free decentralized health insurance project
https://t.me/tidesnetwork
https://www.Tides.Network
Sanu Simon

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:22:45 PM

The only way of securing bitcoin physically is just by safeguarding the paper wallet in a much secure manner. Until we have the paper wallet with the information recorded for the recovery of the funds our wallet is secure. If it is lost, someone might make use of our funds or it goes unused.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:34:45 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 10:58:49 AM by tungaqhd

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?
I am using paper wallet, just backup your wallet, store it carefully and it is safe. Hardware wallet is also secure too but it is very expensive. I am still using online wallet and trying to improve the security everyday.
BIOX

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:55:19 PM

Yes, I think that privacy and secure is an important issue for every crypto investor. We should keep our private keys and passwords in safety.
niktuneable

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:22:50 PM

What you say is completely true, there are a lot of risks when it comes to storing crypto. What I do is just to write down my private key on a paper, but I just don’t write it exactly as it is, I change some letter/numbers with another ones, then I store that paper in a place that I consider secure. There are several ways to reduce risks near to 0, but it is imposible to be 100% secure no matter what we do.   Grin
Thanushka47

Activity: 350

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 05:47:59 PM

I still use online wallets because I can't afford to buy a hardware wallet these days. But I know the risk of it and i don't want to lose my coins. So I hope to buy a hardware wallet soon to secure my coins. 
Saldom12

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:56:37 PM

Of course that is very important. Because guarding is very important for our lives, let alone keeping this coin cryptocurrency we must really pay attention and keep it safe.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:06:50 PM

well, I do not keep my physical devices secured and left them with a weak or maybe default password because I thought no one is going to care about what I do until recently my raspberry pi got hacked and because of it I have to reset my entire wireless networks including my shared folders :p. It gave me a lesson so I sent the hacker a friend request and now he is a tester on my networks.
teamspike911

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:16:06 PM

No, I do not consider it necessary ... I do not have so much money in crypto-currencies, so that I start doing something similar)
However I am sure that there are such people
melch100

Activity: 294

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:41:08 PM

Of course that is very important. Because guarding is very important for our lives, let alone keeping this coin cryptocurrency we must really pay attention and keep it safe.

It's good for you and all the people here that securing their coins physically, time will surely come and this will be a big help in recovering your earnings. Maybe I should need to do this now.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
DavidBolster

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:59:03 PM

First of all there is no physical subject is this crypto world and in the matter of security everyone believe on wallets and as much I know this wallets are very much secure.
mooccowmoo

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:07:15 PM

I don't get a physical part because Bitcoin is digital and does not have physical characteristics. But to maintain its security, I take the precautions needed to keep my coins safe. Hackers or scammers will do anything to steal our coins.
KagiSama

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:15:44 PM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?
I don't have any hardware wallet, but for my exchange wallet security, I used google 2fa authentication and I didn't connected my device into internet to keep it safe. and in my circle it's only few people know about crypto so I don't worry about that. what I was worried about was that my laptop had a virus due to visiting a suspicious website.
sabihanazir

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:19:09 PM

I do not keep my coin physically because there is no physical subject is this crypto world. And I still use online wallets because I can't afford to buy a hardware wallet these days. But I know the risk of it and i don't want to lose my coins.
beniesyde

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:21:38 PM

I keep my wallet and hardware devices safe to protect my coin from being hacked, but Until I saw that hackers could pass through the bitlock firewall. Today, security has become a very important issue.
F_Ivanov1993_

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:56:24 PM

Taking care of your safety and the safety of your wallet does not mean being paranoid.  Just need to protect your property.
Sinancre

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:10:08 PM

Of course, I keep my wallet and hardware devices safe, to protect my coin from being hacked. it is very important to keep your wallets safe and I always check everything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: