Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:02:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
dekcutbusu33

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:24:05 PM

Yes, of course, physically I have hidden it, but when I put it on social, I have to put some authenticaton like google authentication or a stop sms. Because this wallet is trusted and tested, that's why I'm not worried.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:37:32 PM

Anything online is lace with security risk and this includes our wallets containing our coins or token. There are some measures taken to increase the security level of the wallets so it is left for the wallets ownes to accept these measures because they are not always mandatory.Some of these measures includes incorporating goggle 2FA, email notification and confirmation and sms code notification.
breadwinners

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:40:27 PM

many of us still keep our coins on our own devices

I believe they do it for a reason. Maybe they're trading rather than hodling, then they might find it more comfortable to keep their coins on their devices. Otherwise, it's too risky, I guess.
I for one, keep'em in a cold wallet. That's the only way to have a good night's sleep Wink
Tides_Network (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 05:36:57 PM

many of us still keep our coins on our own devices

I believe they do it for a reason. Maybe they're trading rather than hodling, then they might find it more comfortable to keep their coins on their devices. Otherwise, it's too risky, I guess.
I for one, keep'em in a cold wallet. That's the only way to have a good night's sleep Wink

Its understandable to keep some amount of coins on an exchange, as long as you treat it as a hotwallet and understand that those coins are at risk and may be lost through no fault of your own.

The coins on your own devices, are kept safe by you and you don't have to trust third parties.

ICO-free decentralized health insurance project
https://t.me/tidesnetwork
https://www.Tides.Network
Tran Dinh Nam

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:23:44 PM

I think it's all solved by a cold wallet such as LAGER NANO or TRESOR. and then you can leave the laptop on the table in the Starbucks as well as before.
nussy

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:37:45 PM

You need to take precautions with any devices you access your wallet with. Apart from making sure your wallet is secure with 2FA and other security features, you also need to keep your devices to yourself.  Any devices you are using, you should be the only person that can access it at any time.  Is not been greedy is about securing your entire life investments and we try to put everything into it to make it secure.
f12345

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:41:59 PM

Cool wallet for bitcoin
Bc its waterproof wallet which keeps access to your cryptocurrencies 100% offline. No matter how vulnerable your network connections, your private keys never leave the CoolWallet device. Its OTP system allows users to sign their transactions offline. The CoolWallet is a credit-card shaped device which perfectly fits into your wallet.

Ledger nano fr everything else
Its definitely worth $$
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to: