Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:55:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin 2 Release - Monday 10th October 23:35 UTC  (Read 21318 times)
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 03:47:40 PM

Too bad we can't look at the source to make sure it's clean.

Especially considering that built in malware is one of the primary reasons people want to see the source and distrust SC2, especially coming from someone who claims great familiarity with botnets (CH/RS).

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 03:49:27 PM

Too bad we can't look at the source to make sure it's clean.

Especially considering that built in malware is one of the primary reasons people want to see the source and distrust SC2, especially coming from someone who claims great familiarity with botnets (CH/RS).

This is why I haven't

https://i.imgur.com/ajoa8.png

Joke or not, when the guy talks about putting CP on your computer and calling the police, no way in hell will I his that crap on my computer

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 12:04:49 AM

Cryptoxchange.com an new multi-coin exchange has flat out rejected Solidcoin even though they themselves are fellow Aussies.
Seems they have the exact same concerns as all of us with Solidcoin.

They will begin trade with Bitcoin, Namecoin and Litecoin.

Good deal.

Source please?
johnj

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 12:06:00 AM

Cryptoxchange.com an new multi-coin exchange has flat out rejected Solidcoin even though they themselves are fellow Aussies.
Seems they have the exact same concerns as all of us with Solidcoin.

They will begin trade with Bitcoin, Namecoin and Litecoin.

Good deal.

Source please?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48226.0

Hello Community,

There has been rumors bubbling up today that our exchange, Crypto X Change, which launches this coming Monday, is somehow connected or involved with Solidcoin.

Categorically, we are in no way connected or involved with Solidcoin. Our exchange is Bitcoin-centric (our goal is to become the primary Bitcoin exchange).  We are also going to be supporting namecoin and litecoin as alternative chains, and as time goes on we'll evaluate new chains and consider them on a case by case basis. But in all cases, we stand fully behind Bitcoin. There are NO plans to integrate anything solidcoin-related at all, in any way.

It's understandable that community members are skeptical/suspicious of all motives and intentions of newcomers. We welcome your questions and shall work to earn your trust over time. Crypto X Change has been a significant investment for us. We're not going anywhere, and to be honest we're wildly excited for the future of this new currency.

If you need to investigate or "vet" us further, please do so, but please remain professional and civil.

Regards,
Crypto X Change

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 08:56:51 AM

I understand why.

- SolidCoin is closed source
- The creator can take it down
- security is only secure until someone finds out how to attack the trusted nodes

I like alternate crypto alternatives but you have to use common sense sometimes.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 12:05:27 PM

I understand why.

- SolidCoin is closed source
- The creator can take it down
- security is only secure until someone finds out how to attack the trusted nodes

I like alternate crypto alternatives but you have to use common sense sometimes.

I think it was more to do with being able to release 13 Million coins at will on an exchange during a price peak. Even if Solicoin only achieved $1.00 USD (0.2 BTC) that would totally bankrupt an exchange instantly.

13,000,000 pre-mined coins is an unacceptable crazy risk.

I agree on you with a lot of things but not on the "bankrupt an exchange instantly" part.
If I put 10$ on an exchange, I can buy coins worth of 10$ (minus a little fee).
The exchange only is a buy/sell platform, holding coins and money for trading.
It won't bankrupt, even if you put 13,000,000,000,000,000 coins on it.
It just won't sell any coins if there isn't enough money left in ones account.

It would still crash the value of the coins, though.
And that might cause a bankrupt of some users of the exchange  Grin

LiteCoin only has 3 blocks premined so there is no risk of a sell-off at all, so I jumped from TeneBrix to LiteCoin.

SC should be avoided... CuntHunter can do anything he likes, with your coins...
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 12:15:26 PM

Are you going to stop bumping that stupid thread in the end?
We had a good laugth, that was fun.
But please, keep it short.
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:02:54 PM

http://solidcoin.info/faq.php

Above link answers questions about the CPF and the genesis funds. 10 x 1.2 million accounts were created as trusted accounts, they cannot be spent on the network, so the total amount of coinage in the system is the SC1 coins and the SC2 coins generated. Roughly 1.6 million.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
johnj

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:06:16 PM

Above link answers questions about the CPF and the genesis funds. 10 x 1.2 million accounts were created as trusted accounts, they cannot be spent on the network, so the total amount of coinage in the system is the SC1 coins and the SC2 coins generated. Roughly 1.6 million.

Complete bullshit until we see the source.

You've told enough half-truths (and flat out lies), you've shattered your credibility.

Source or GTFO, scammer  Cool

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 03:06:20 PM

You can make any claim you like... We can't check the source to verify...
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:08:04 PM

So why believe other things until you have evidence? Goes both ways doesn't it? You can be hesitant to believe my claims, that's fair, but it's not fair to promote some alternate reality because it's what you want to believe.

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 03:09:57 PM

So why believe other things until you have evidence? Goes both ways doesn't it?

Don't make me laugh...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:16:06 PM

I downloaded the solid coin client and Norton scanned it and said it was bad.  It automatically deleted it.
What's with that? Huh

Norton is trying to keep you from become a victim of Coin Hunter obfuscated wealth transfer mechanism where he takes a % of every SC 2.0 minted each year.  1.2 million SC a year to be exact.

Well honestly it likely is false + by Norton but I find it funny Norton would delete it.
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:17:07 PM

So why believe other things until you have evidence? Goes both ways doesn't it? You can be hesitant to believe my claims, that's fair, but it's not fair to promote some alternate reality because it's what you want to believe.

People may believe things from people they trust, you burnt any trust people had in you a thousand times over. In anything as important as a currency personal trust isn't nearly enough anyway. We need hard facts ( i.e. the source code. )

'Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master'
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:25:19 PM

People may believe things from people they trust, you burnt any trust people had in you a thousand times over. In anything as important as a currency personal trust isn't nearly enough anyway. We need hard facts ( i.e. the source code. )

'Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master'

Haha, gee you are a bitter person. How did I "burn trust". I haven't lied, I've been honest with everyone here and anyone saying otherwise will have zero evidence to the contrary. *zero evidence*

No one is requiring you to to run the binaries if you don't want to, those that don't mind running closed source (99% of the world) have run it and they love SolidCoin. Those who absolutely demand source code before they run anything will have to wait a few more days for v2.01 or v2.02. In the mean time why not just cool it with your bitterness and hate. I seriously feel sorry for some of you people here, I wonder what happened in your lives to turn you this way.

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:27:09 PM

CoinHunter just failed bigtime, trying to post under sockpuppet but accidently as himself:

Err why wouldn't I want to post that as me? Haha, put a tinfoil hat on.

freequant

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:30:46 PM

Fully agree on that one.
There is no point arguing about SolidCoin at all.
SolidCoin is a non-event until we get the source code.
freequant

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:35:53 PM

Haha, gee you are a bitter person. How did I "burn trust". I haven't lied, I've been honest with everyone here and anyone saying otherwise will have zero evidence to the contrary. *zero evidence*

I can confirm that sd has solid evidence about what he is telling.
Unfortunately, it is closed source at the moment, so you get to take my word on this one.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:41:26 PM

I can confirm that sd has solid evidence about what he is telling.
Unfortunately, it is closed source at the moment, so you get to take my word on this one.

Cool, I have some hard evidence also. Take a look at the new SolidCoin v2.0 interface and see the improvements it has to make things easier for everyone. Now you can just tell your mother or sister to download one thing and in two clicks she is mining or sending money to others. Neat isn't it.

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 03:46:40 PM

CoinHunter just failed bigtime, trying to post under sockpuppet but accidently as himself:

Err why wouldn't I want to post that as me? Haha, put a tinfoil hat on.

You always talk about yourself in third person?

You just failed by posting under your own account while wanting to post under one of your sockpuppet's account.
You made a fool of yourself, again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: