Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?  (Read 2629 times)
PETES

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:11:46 AM

I know what's OP sentiments and I think it's not yet too late for it hence it still depends on people on how they use it. Like we can't force everyone to use it as a currency when they see it growing over time. Many of us treat bitcoin as a valuable like gold and don't want to spend it for purchasing. And right now, even it's not yet late it's still hard to change it especially if people see this as the future.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:15:55 AM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
Sorry I have mixed opinions with you. I think Bitcoin should just be an investment. I'm just a businessman and want to make money in the cryptocurrency market and I totally do not understand much about technology.
So I often call bitcoin an investment because I use it to make money and have no other purpose.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Dianafangki

Activity: 207
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:21:29 AM

I know what's OP sentiments and I think it's not yet too late for it hence it still depends on people on how they use it. Like we can't force everyone to use it as a currency when they see it growing over time. Many of us treat bitcoin as a valuable like gold and don't want to spend it for purchasing. And right now, even it's not yet late it's still hard to change it especially if people see this as the future.

the initial stage of bitcoin development is as a medium of exchange that has a unique algorithm, but ultimately popularly becoming a business pattern associated with investment in the exchange market, these two things can not be separated as different terms, but the investment is not included in the ponzi system and so on, My assumption that bitcoin is an investment is to support the overall fundamental price movement, so the assumptions will change when people really know it. I agree with op, but it takes time to explain to others.
anggada18

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:26:23 AM

if the goal satoshi not that, but now some people think of it as an investment. especially last year when it cost $ 20,000. people put their money hoping to get rich. those newly joined will think this is a place for a better economy, so they will think to invest it
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:33:16 AM

yes at the first time bitcoin is introduced for digital currency and not be the investment media, but I think when people see the demand of bitcoin is increase and decrease that makes the price of bitcoin is changing every time, they think that want to use bitcoin for investment media, its not a goal of bitcoin, the goal of bitcoin is bitcoin become a digital currency

Cryptotissue

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:35:48 AM

I believe people are investing in bitcoin because of the dynamic nature of its market price. Its true that bitcoin was meant to be a digital currency, but a lot of people are into bitcoin just to invest and profit. I believe they are definitely gambling with their market.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:39:17 AM

I think bitcoin as an investment opportunity to make a profit, I'm sure that doing bitcoin investment to get profit through bitcoin may be different people's opinion.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:46:38 AM

I think you're right, it's a danger to cryptocurrency itself because somebody's assumption of bitcoin is an investment, whereas the main purpose of BTC itself is to be a transactional tool, although it is difficult to materialize because of obstacles from some governments that limit the space for BTC to move forward
tetyulfania

Activity: 653

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:10:41 AM

I can’t stop calling bitcoin as investment, because I have take profit with making investment on bitcoin. what have we call about bitcoin if don’t have investment calling, check how the bitcoin is working, like investment system where we buy at lower and sell on higher price, the same like investment working.
abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:16:50 AM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency but you can call it what ever you like. Calling it as investment will also fit to it. Because anything that you put your money into it and waiting for the period of time and expecting if it will gain or lose is called investment. Investing is a gambling also so you are right too.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
joelou

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:39:15 AM

Well in my own opinion bitcoin is a virtual currency we can call it investment because if you buy bitcoin and hold it for a long term we can call it investment.that's  my opinion only.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:50:18 AM

Well in my own opinion bitcoin is a virtual currency we can call it investment because if you buy bitcoin and hold it for a long term we can call it investment.that's  my opinion only.
Well i think we can call it as an investment because normaly bitcoin is used for investing, I believe that we can call it as an investment because everytime price may rise up high and we can gain even if we are only holding it. So then I believe that people call it as an investment because of it.
Asawakobana2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:54:14 AM

Well i think we can call it as an investment because normaly bitcoin is used for investing, I believe that we can call it as an investment because everytime price may rise up high and we can gain even if we are only holding it. So then I believe that people call it as an investment because of it.
Yes I think people can help their self calling bitcoin as an investment because mostly it is used as an investment purpose. Maybe it is a digital crypto currency that is used for gaining a huge amount of profit. I believe that most of us gain on bitcoin through holding for a long term that is why we can also call it as an investment.
skibikipapa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:11:39 AM

Bitcoin will remain and will always be called an investment as long as there is demand. Bitcoin is compared like gold and that alone is enough reason for bitcoin to be called an investment. Bitcoin maybe created as an alternative to fiat currency but bitcoin found success as an investment instead of a currency.
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:28:46 AM

I call bitcoin as an asset. But day by day people are involving in digital market as the world is becoming digitalized. I also think it is not really like an investment I would rather call it as future deposit. Many people thinks different ways and I think everyone is right by their own thoughts.
exactly- everyone has an opinion on what to call them and how to refer to it. i personally don't see a problem, whatever suits you that's what you call it: future deposit, investment, etc.
ladner

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:41:32 AM

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

You can see that the bitcoin is actually a bubble, the bitcoin price after a sharp spike to $ 20000 has suddenly fallen sharply and has dropped to the $ 5800 level. The market is bearish in the long term, but you can see that bitcoin prices have been rising steadily recently and now are back at $ 8500.

Therefore, I believe that at this time you should only short-term investment and bitcoin, bitcoin prices will be able to recover strongly.
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:49:00 AM

community has changed rapidly, now we have more speculators here than the real supporters of the idea. People couldn't care less about the actual idea of bitcoin, they just want to get rich fast
nicko122

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:02:53 AM

Of course, the initial function of bitcoin is not investing. It is more a way of payment as ordinary currencies, only more convenient and universal. The concept of investing in bitcoin appeared due to its high price and rapid growth of the rate.
gpamfmcq

Activity: 160

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:07:05 AM

Most people now enter the market for speculation. I think the community is not the same as a few years ago. It used to spend a lot of time talking about technology, but now there are speculation everywhere.
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:12:01 AM

It's inevitable because Bitcoin have limited supply, if not then maybe Bitcoin will be currency as it should be and most people know Bitcoin because it's fluctuations, thanks to that, now most people only seeing as investment not as currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: