Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:27:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?  (Read 2621 times)
FourByfour

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

D.U.G

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:12:55 AM

Probably can't stop people looking it as one, since its somewhat the same with investments, but that definitely is not the purpose of bitcoin though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:28:35 AM

I think no one can do that because since the beginning Bitcoin was created as currency and become alternative investments to earn more fiat and that is the reason of why we are here because we joint this currency so that we could earn too. If ever that Bitcoin is not for an investments then i believed it will not going to exist until this day because it will be a waste of time in which we have already an existing fiat that can be use for spending.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:36:49 AM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
i cant stop to say bitcoin is not investing cryptocyrrency because  investing in bitcoin is the one needed and because of investing the value bitcoin is still volatility and  maybe it called trading but entering money here is a type of investing .
PETES

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:54:20 AM

Do you mean we should call bitcoin a currency? no matter how you call bitcoin, bitcoin will always be viewed as an investment in my opinion. So this is just a difference of thought. and there is no need for things to make a fight about this. Many people have different opinions but still one way. that's just my opinion

Well yeah like what's the problem with it. If people appreciated it more as an investment then why not though bitcoin was made to be a currency yet it turned out to be an investment. Likely, we can't help it if we always see the value grows and it's all up to us how we utilize it.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:57:04 AM

Absolutely not. It is and will increasingly be an investment.
In my opinion, just invest when people are interested in it. At this time, everything is going down, not an up trend anymore. We have to wait until the market capital gets back, when people talk about crypto regularly and they invest more in this market. That's when you can invest into it!
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:03:40 AM

We can call bitcoin investment since the purpose most of us are buying is to hold for long and sell when we please with the profit which can be regarded as roi.
spadaccino

Activity: 183
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 06:12:54 AM

As long as there are too many investor and bug whales who can manipulate the market buying large quantity and dumping the minutes after speculate on its price, I'm pretty convident we can never talk about nothing else than investment.

You can stop talking by that time about using crypto as fiat unless thay regulate in somehow..
nagobinga

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:19:48 AM

it could be as long as we have to follow the signature that many people are interested in, meaning they have got the wallet we want for their daily needs and that is the slowest to follow it in just a few months until we have a good relationship so they never bother us again.
Amokomowo2005

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 06:29:03 AM

I agree with you but what are we now going to call it if its not an investment, me believe anything we put our money into and yield return is called investment.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:13:42 AM

Yes, bitcoin is basically only a currency that created by satoshi. I believe he want us to use bitcoin as a payment system.
but some peoples pumped the price of bitcoin, resulting bitcoin became an asset that have high value in the market.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
LeetPoolsOP

Activity: 507

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:22:58 AM

The virtual currency Bitcoin is anonymous, which means it is possible to invest in bitcoin without specifying any information about yourself. The decentralized nature of this currency means that there is no transfer commission, which can play a significant role for some investors in transactions with impressive amounts. Bitcoin is also limited in its quantity, but even after the release of all bitcoins, their value will not fall.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:43:26 AM

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

it was originally used as a currency since it is in the form of technology, we cannot avoid changes and developments.Since technology always changes, so is cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was primarily used as a currency but now, it is used in many other things.
If you put your money and wants it to grow, thats already a investment. Here in bitcoin we do the same thing, we want our money to grow, we will hold it and wait for the righ time to sell it, we want to gain profit, thats already a invesment. I cant stop calling bitcoin as a investment because i know its a kind of investment.
if you look at the meaning of investment in Wikipedia, that "investment is the term related to the accumulation of a form of assets with a hope of obtaining future benefits" True what you say that, bitcoin users invest their money in bitcoin and hope that the price of bitcoin will grow high in the future and get profit on there.
I'm still confused why users are prohibited from mentioning bitcoin as an investment? lol
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:50:06 AM

I think its okay to called bitcoin as a investment too, because in fact bitcoin is more popular and stable if we used it as a investment moreover if we use it as a long term investment.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
cryptograce

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:51:21 AM

Yes, it's a huge challenge, bitcoin is simply a currency, but people treat it like an investment.

Lydian Lion
 Rewards for Everyday Activities
http://www.lydian-lion.com
Crystal24

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:55:13 AM

Since bitcoin has failed in carrying out most functions that money performs....it is better off being an investment.
My opinion though.
fordrenok

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:57:25 AM

the reality now is indeed like that, a lot of people come in and buy bitcoin as their investment assets like property and gold, not as  digital currency.So it turns out that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency investment that is currently favored by many people and has a lot of trust and the price of bitcoin is still the highest among other crypto.
cryptonewsID

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:33:02 PM

I agree with you but what are we now going to call it if its not an investment, me believe anything we put our money into and yield return is called investment.
t's true that whatever we store in the form of bitcoin we usually call investment, and we store bitcoin with the aim of storing it for a long time and having a huge advantage of bitcoin investment.
royalparade01

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:45:31 PM

The real purpose of bitcoin is to be an alternative payment of every transaction used by humans. But there are some people who are able to think critically to take advantage of the weakness of bitcoin to make a profit as big as. Like the fluctuating price

It's an investment opportunity because of fluctuating price of bitcoin will be the choice of every traders to seek profits on a large scale.
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:46:27 PM

I believe that the reason why people used to be into something is because it turns out to be a norm. Nowadays, we choose to set out amd call out bitcoin as an investment since we are, or some, are practically preferring to invest in bitcoin rather than in fiat and I guess there is no wrong to call it out also as an investment.
smile1218

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:05:32 PM

For me I cannot stop it because I consider bitcoin as an investments I am sure more people with agree with me. Bitcoin is an investment that could help us financial specially if our investments gain enough profit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: