Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:25:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?  (Read 2621 times)
deus030518

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:08:16 PM

No you cannot stop calling the Bitcoin as an investment because an investment is the action or process of investing money for profit or material result. So the Bitcoin is an investment, in bitcoin you buy it with your fiat money and you wait for your profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gagah119

Activity: 295
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:11:02 PM

I don't think so, because the word "investment" for bitcoin is so embedded in everyone's mind, look at the market everyone is competing to buy bitcoin when prices are falling and selling when prices rise, this is not much different from investment.
trangoccho

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:13:47 PM

Especially last year when it cost $ 20,000. People put their money hoping to get rich. New entrants will think that this is a place for a better economy, so they will think to invest it. The biggest benefit of Bitcoin is the profit it brings
Joshercine

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:17:49 PM

It is an ivenstment whether you like it or not. When you pay for an idea, technology etc. it's an investment.
Sandra999

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:25:30 PM

In my own opinion, bitcoin would always be regarded as an investment. Many people enjoyed bitcoin growth as at last year and this increased the value of their portfolio significantly. In this regard, bitcoin is an investment in my own opinion as anything that gains and loses is an asset and as well regarded as an investment
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:29:40 PM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
some bitcoin characters are limited supply, where there will only be 21 million Bitcoin spread throughout the world, not created by the Central Bank / government, but by a party whose real identity is unknown, not produced or controlled by an individual, group or company. The above characteristics prove that in addition to its digital form, Bitcoin is more or less similar to gold where we all know that gold can be invested.
lamcouz

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:31:22 PM

Starting a deposit into cryptocurrency is always scary at the beginning but when your investment materialized it's enjoyable, if you are actually looking for a good investment like bitcoin,now is the best time to invest and wait for at lest two years and see the gain from such investsment activity.
alizalela7

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:33:27 PM

Bitcoin may be an investment for us if you Bitcoin is increasingly used for Internet-based transactions and we see businesses starting to accept Bitcoin payments.
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:33:56 PM

"Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...  The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they? Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment."

---> Could it be that all miners and stake-holders call it investment not mistakenly but profoundly a general term for having monetary keeping.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:34:59 PM

Nope. Bitcoin was always intended to be an investment asset, with secondary purposes such as usage as a currency and as anonymous payment methods. But its primary purpose is for investment.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:40:58 PM

Of a truth. Bitcoin may not be created to be an investment but it serves as an investment for many, even an investment to me, where I invested my energy, money (data)and time to have a reward. The token (reward) could be kept to increase over a certain period of time.
Gaurav11kb

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:44:51 PM

More than 95% of people are using it as an investment from the beginning and will continue to do so. It is an investment and will always remain one. There might be some secondary uses too though.
dirisu2018

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:49:33 PM

BITCOIN IS NOT AN INVESTMENT TOOL, IT IS AN ASSET WHICH INVESTMENT TOOL SUCH AS OUR NORMAL CURRENCY SUCH AS FIAT IS USED TO TRADE IT.... PEOPLE SHOULD JUST ASSET THAT FACT, HOW CAN YOU CALL SONMETHING WHICH DOES NOT AS A FIXED PRICE AND HIGHLY VOLATILE JUST A CURRENCY
TahuDiniHari

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:06:34 PM

Limited supply and distribution lead to the similarity of gold. It is not difficult to see the similarity of something that has been used as a currency as an asset and as an investment. I wonder what would you call a bitcoin? A currency? I do not think it matches Bitcoin

maybe bitcoin is an alternative investment, it could be a gold investment or other companion. because the presence of bitcoin is enough to make the eyes of the world turn to him.
hardip567

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:14:00 PM

I think investment in bitcoins will never stop Today the bitcoin is so popular that Everybody wants to invest
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:21:04 PM

In todays world everyone is accepting bitcoin as Investment only...They are accepting it for making profit only and nothing else ..So everyone is calling it Investment...its currency for us...But these people are greedy enough to think that only making profit is everything.
greg0rioo

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:28:22 PM

bitcoin is always called investment, why should stop calling bitcoin investment? Obviously, bitcoin is the number 1 investment in the cryptocurrency world.
virarara

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:38:08 PM

I don't understand what you mean?
why do you have to say that and tell us about bitcoin. You hate bitcoin, because bitcoin goes down. Not all coins have to go uphill and there must be a time to go down too, but if you believe in bitcoin. Bitcoin will definitely rise again, because bitcoin is a long-term investment
Bawang

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:00:41 PM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons

I believe that the reason why people used to be into something is because it turns out to be a norm. Nowadays, we choose to set out amd call out bitcoin as an investment since we are, or some, are practically preferring to invest in bitcoin rather than in fiat and I guess there is no wrong to call it out also as an investment.

I believe so as well. People in the modern world can easily call something a something. To them, bitcoin may be an asset, an investment, or others may say something can give you profit or even some kind of a business, and that's how the people nowadays accepted it. Whatever it is, I consider Bitcoin as an investment.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:41:45 PM

No i can't stop calling Bitcoin an investment because it is. Yes it's the new world currency too and will replace with paper money soon, but many people invest and trade and try to make money. I am very lucky that i am not the buyer who bought bitcoin from $20.000!  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: