Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?  (Read 2621 times)
Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:52:41 PM

No you can not stop calling bitcoin as an investment.because bitcoin is king for all coins.if you are actually looking for a strong investment like bitcoin.many people used bitcoin accrual.obiusly bitcoin is No.1 investment.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CLAID

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:15:02 PM

Agree with you even the Bitcoins build intention was tu use as a currency now people uses Bitcoin to gain profits by investing in it so the main purpose it was build has been failed and that is a main reason that Bitcoin will face huge problems because Bitcoin might get useless in the future   
chloevo

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:23:37 PM

It is true that through bitcoin, you can learn about it, understand it, but in my opinion, bitcoin is really an investment, you can buy, exchange, can use bitcoin to participate. Enter the ICO of the project you think is potential, and can store the same as gold reserves. It can help you make more money, and it can also cost you money, but some people will invest based on experience as well as knowledge, not a kind of gambling. Because profit comes with risk. With the above, is not it really an investment?
kenmobility

Activity: 142
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:51:05 PM

You are so right, this fallacy is what has brought us into this red days that we see in crypto right now, most people are hodling, instead of using their tokens. Why because they see it as investment when they bought it, hoping and waiting for it to rise in price before they sell  Cry
jameswell

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:16:02 PM

I see where OP is coming from, and I believe most of OP's statement is true to a certain extent.
My understanding is that Bitcoin was designed to take control of the coinage away from the governments and their agencies (central banks) and avoid the wealth of the mass public from being diluted by the endless inflation.  From this perspective, Bitcoin was not meant to be an investment, but the currency under anarchism.

On the other hand, since we are now in a digital age, Bitcoin, instead of gold,  seems more suitable to act as a robust store of value.
Since the value of the Bitcoin has been increased exponentially over the years, people would inevitably have an expectation that the value of the Bitcoin would continuously increase, which probably be true considering the nature of the Bitcoin - finite total supply, new coins creation halves every 4 years, v.s. the increased demand when it gets more interests and visibility from the public, the institutional investors and also an increased user base. From this point of view, it is not surprising that people would consider this as a high risk, high reward investment.
drukoz2

Activity: 395

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:42:29 PM

Unfortunately, for me bitcoin is only an investment. There are several reasons for this. The main thing-I do not want to spend what will bring me much more income in the future.
sinta23

Activity: 668
Merit: 100

DogData

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:48:32 PM

many people have mentioned bitcoin for too long as an investment. because the proof is that bitcoin is an investment. so it's hard to change it all. moreover at this time the bitcoin investment is quite a lot, and it's all up to us personally, whether they want to consider bitcoin as an investment or not.

RANWAN

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:43:14 AM

I cannot I agree with the mission that Bitcoin had to become the world best global currency but it haven't happen yet and even it is to happen Bitcoin needs a demanding and valuable place in the world and that has given by investors during past years and that is the reason even Bitcoin got it's attention in the world so It is a currency but it is a great investment too   
derekeaton

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:16:24 AM

Initially, bitcoin was created as a universal method of payment throughout the world. But in the end, many started just investing money in it. Of course, the idea was different Smiley
vessing

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:21:37 AM

Each bitcoin holder is a shareholder of the bank, where you can store your money, for example, that the tax authorities do not know about them. The more money in the bank, the higher the value of your shares.
insculpt

Activity: 133
Merit: 12

Loonie Network - For Bounty hunters & Freelancers

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 09:32:37 AM

I'm no expert, but I think anyone is allowed to use bitcoin in any form they see fit. Just because the original creator did not define all the possible use cases for bitcoin doesn't mean it can't and shouldn't be used for such. People want to make money, nobody cares much about spending it, there are so many ways you can do that. When people see an opportunity to make money, they will use it because that's what matters to them at the end of the day, making money. If I believe that buying bitcoin and holding it for a long term is going to make me money, then, by all means, allow me to do that.

jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:37:45 AM

well i wish i could man but what else can we call it when it is not being used as a currency because several platforms don't accept it. This is the reason why it is called a form of investment at the moment but if all things being equal things will change for bitcoin to be used as a currency.

angchosenone

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:41:32 AM

indeed at the first run through bitcoin is presented for computerized or digital cash and not be the venture media, but rather I think when individuals see the request of bitcoin is increment and decline that makes the cost of bitcoin is changing without fail, they feel that need to utilize bitcoin for speculation media, it is anything but an objective of bitcoin, the objective of bitcoin will be bitcoin turned into an advanced money
Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:45:16 AM

Whenever the price comes below $6000,I would definitely call it as an investment. Because I know that the normal price of Bitcoin is not that low and price will get double or more sooner or later.

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:47:08 AM

What you're proposing just isn't viable or workable at all. What do you expect everyone to do? Say, yes you're right and everyone magically refers to bitcoin exclusively as an currency from now on? Not gonna happen. You can't force people to use or see bitcoin as you do. I also doubt you use bitcoin 100% as a currency. What do you do with your bitcoin? Do you sell or use it to buy things as soon as you get it? Save or hold any of it? You don't have any bitcoin you're holding for a future investment at all?

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

I disagree with your reasoning. Bitcoin has probably far outgrown satoshis wildest expectations and is bigger than just him and his initial intentions now, but Bitcoin was created as the way money should work. It's deflationary so that means your money should gain interest over time, not lose value due to inflation as the issuer prints more of it as they please, hence why bitcoin was designed as it is to have a fixed amount and the supply decreases over time. Because of this those who believe in bitcoin see the potential in it for an investment, which it is (in my opinion). It is also a currency and a medium of exchange, but far from perfect as a currency as it stands right now and most people (and likely including you) are seeing the potential for future gains here.

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it?

I don't think this is true. You need KYC to use most money services or businesses that transact in money which can be used to launder cash. They created the term crypto assets because that's essentially what they are and need to be classed as something (and usually the government only classes money as something they have issued). We also have absolutely no control over what the government class it as anyway.

Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in

Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

This isn't the reason merchants aren't accepting it. Most of them just don't see the need and those that do usually use a payment provider that gives them the fiat instantly. Can you fix the price fluctuations please so it can become a viable currency? Imagine going to a shop to buy some milk and whilst you're in the queue the value has gone up or down x amount? And this is why it currently isn't an ideal currency and is also better as an investment. Without all these people speculating on bitcoin bitcoin probably wouldn't be where it is today. Let people use bitcoin as they see fit, but this is something you, I and everyone else have absolutely no control over and trying to change that would be fruitless.
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:24:46 PM

Absolutely not. It is and will increasingly be an investment.

In today's time, whenever someone heard the word bitcoin, the first thing it that come into their mind is investment. Since most of the user also see it as it and do it, the newbie tend to do it also. We cannot comtrol and change the fact that bitcoin now is an asset or a mere investment and not a cryptpcurrency and I think that is good because they will be interested in here and there is a possibility that the price will rich.

perova93

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:23:20 PM

this year, a lot of banks and a lot of investment companies began to invest in the crypto world! many courts believe that bitcoin is a valuable asset! on this, invest in bitcoin is necessary, it will show us even good multiplications and good profits! I completely agree with the article,)
RenzCoballes

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:25:39 PM

Truly, I concur with you individual. Bitcoin resembles a gold, so valuable. There are bunches of individuals utilizing this for speculation. What's more, for what reason would they say they are contributing this? It is on the grounds that they can win enormous.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:45:51 PM

this year, a lot of banks and a lot of investment companies began to invest in the crypto world! many courts believe that bitcoin is a valuable asset! on this, invest in bitcoin is necessary, it will show us even good multiplications and good profits! I completely agree with the article,)

Agreed, Bitcoin is good investment to individuals and financial institutions, big companies and banks may come forward to invest in bitcoins due to good return, part of FI's and Bank's income is from investment from various assets, be it loans, real estate or other, risk is there with every investment, so they may find Bitcoin a good investment in near future.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:13:14 PM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
in my opinion, the reason for this is that most people are more likely to see from the profit side, because many sources say that if bitcoin is profitable like gold, the value continues to increase every year, therefore many choose to invest with bitcoin or altcoins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: