Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:12:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?  (Read 2629 times)
Rony24h7

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:27:50 PM

I saw many questions in this place and lots of questions are very related to each other but this type of question I never saw in this place can anyone actually ask this not to say an investment as an investment. Why anyone not to say their investment as an investment after all they are invest a lot of money on that so they love to call it an investment. I think its completely right to say it an investment what more should I say about this BTC people are crazy to buy this BTC and it become so rare and as days are passes it rates are being higher day by day through the market is quit down for some days and many reason behind for this down of this BTC but still we all know that this is just a certain down of this market. It will change soon.
euronine897

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:19:06 AM

Bitcoin is an investment whether we like or not. Like every other investment assets such as property, gold, silver bitcoin has become one but a better one with a high profit margin for the investor in a short period of time for the minimum investment possible     
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 09:53:44 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2018, 10:31:12 AM by TheQuin
Merited by guybrushthreepwood (3)

I don't know very well Tether, is it using a cryptography tech or is it just a scriptural money?

Tether runs on OMNI Layer, the original smart contract system running on the Bitcoin blockchain. That isn't so important as I was just trying to illustrate that although Satoshi described it as a payment system it is actually far more. It's an entire monetary system.

Ok, yes perhaps the fixed value wasn't a good argument. So, the supply and demand is what makes people speculating on (or at least it participates), but what if Bitcoin wasn't capped at 21 million, we could have less speculation less volatility and so less "investments in"
Or if Bitcoin was somehow stable +/-5% people wouldn't jump on the wagon to get a better return than a saving account

Stability will come with size. Forget all the talk of market cap as that really doesn't mean anything in terms of a currency. Only a small proportion of Bitcoins are actually traded and involved in the price discovery process. Forex markets have much more liquidity so it takes much more money to move USDEUR than it does to move BTCUSD. As an example, if the price of BTC was 10x then it would take 10x as much money to move the price the same amount.

I think there's something in your argument that it is wrong to think of it as an investment. It is really a question of inflationary money vs. deflationary money. It is clear to me that the fixed supply was intended to mean that it would always gain value over fiat money over a long timespan and thus make it a more attractive type of money to use and store your wealth in.

If someone thinks of it as an investment then they are going to buy it to hold and then later take profits by selling back to fiat. I prefer just to think of it as a form of money that I would rather have and keep.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
abiola4real

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 10:01:42 AM

If bitcoin is an investment, why are people scaring when the see that the price. A gambler will have think of withdrawing his or her fund, as at when the price started falling as such lead to more people exiting crypto. But they have hope bitcoin an investor always have hope
sidodadii

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:13:56 AM

many people said that bitcoin is investment. they are wrong, but i think they mean is in cryptocurrent there are investment place, so you can invest your fund here. bitcoin is digital asset, so for people that dont know about bitcoin, the think if people buy it, its like invest some money on bitcoin or cryptocurrent, because of the value.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
kukurikapu

Activity: 134
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:15:46 AM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons

No matter how much we use and see bitcoin in different perspectives, it is still one of the most reliable investments and sources of income nowadays. So i think it is safe to say that it is indeed an investment.
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:16:33 AM

Bitcoin is a "very risky" investment by itself. Investors should allocate a small amount of their money for such an investment.
sdipmlrp

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

Yes, most of the people entering the market are now speculating, hoping to get wealth quickly. This has no effect on the encrypted world.
checkmatesir

Activity: 584

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:47:35 PM

Yes, I agree with you in part, but it turned out at the moment that basically we can use bitcoin as an investment, and not as a currency. Our society is not yet so technically perfect.
True there is some phase of it that some people are not yet been seen the opportunity of this currency to be an invesment cause there is some failure of this currency so we should be more look of it in a good side that how profitable it is.
In fact bitcoin is still the best choice for investment, because still people are getting good profit from bitcoin investment and trading, I think that still bitcoin will continue giving profit to people and therefore we are not going to stop considering bitcoin as a good investment.

Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:53:08 PM

Bitcoin is an investment and it cannot be ignored. Assume that I want to convince some one to buy Bitcoin. What I should I tell him/her?  Can I tell him/her to buy bitcoin to use it for buying things?
I should tell buy bitcoin at lower prices now to use it in future.
ThirdPrize2

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:06:58 PM

No, because you can't do anything else with it.
Kimberley_Isham

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:16:51 PM

I totally get your point. But you are failing to see something very important. The fact that Bitcoin is called an investment makes even a greater percentage of the population consider it. You say it is gambling. To some extent, this might be the truth. But then the big question arises. How many people does it sit well with to know that they are gambling with their money? Concerning regulations, this is certainly bound to happen. If Bitcoin will keep growing the way it is, the government will and can not leave it unregulated. So, it's not necessarily a question of what is called.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:23:47 PM

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Kind of agree with you on this one. Clearly, people are just gambling over one single token even though it has proved itself to be investable. Actually, people are just playing their cards blindly hoping to see bitcoins fly out the window in terms of pricing. The really investments are ICOs and alt coins.

PrissMCclen

Activity: 338
Merit: 1

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:26:09 PM

Well only newbies will still call bitcoin investment,  a guru should know that btc is a currency just like our local currency.

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

It will be mere self deception to call it a currency. Out of all the 3 purposes of invention for currency, it is only serving a purpose now. It should functions as a medium of exchange, a unit of account, and a store of value but only serves a medium of exchange. Its volatility has regularly undermine the other purposes of invention and currency. It also lack a legal security and vulnerable to hack and theft, which a lot of development are improving but cant out-rightly prevented.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Sofiyah

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:53:21 PM

bitcoin is not an investment, but bitcoin is a profitable cryptocurrency, many people make money from bitcoin, so they call bitcoin an investment. so it's natural that many people who call bitcoin an investment, it's because they already get money from bitcoin, its just like they investment.
Sonamziv_99

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:08:10 PM

That is the place you're off-base. Not every person. To start with, this was tied in with removing control from governments and personal stakes. Bitcoin was made to enable individuals to make monetary exchanges without the requirement for confided in outsiders (banks) and to assume the liability of cash creation (printing) far from government organizations (national banks). It wasn't intended to be a method for getting rich.

The restricted supply and the circulation procedure prompts the similarity of gold. It's not difficult to likewise observe the likeness of something that was at one time an all around utilized as money additionally being viewed as a benefit and in this manner a venture. While I don't differ with what you say I think it is inescapable and unavoidable that numerous individuals will see Bitcoin as advanced gold and a speculation.
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:36:48 PM

The purpose of bitcoin may be different from the original idea but once you put in money it will be an investment no matter how big or small the amount.

mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:40:00 PM

I do not call Bitcoin as a form of investment, and I consider Bitcoin as a kind of asset. I bought Bitcoin because I wanted to hoard my assets differently. You can store all of your money in a private key, and it handled in USB. This is great, no need to worry that your property is at risk of being stolen.
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:45:33 PM

I do not call Bitcoin as a form of investment, and I consider Bitcoin as a kind of asset. I bought Bitcoin because I wanted to hoard my assets differently. You can store all of your money in a private key, and it handled in USB. This is great, no need to worry that your property is at risk of being stolen.

But, everyone will have different thoughts about interpreting Bitcoin now and that they can say an investment or it could be an asset that will help them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: