Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?  (Read 2629 times)
_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:00:02 AM

It's hard to say that bitcoin is not for investment, I'm sure that everyone's goal is to buy bitcoin not for transactions, but to get big profits, because of the events of a few years ago that made many people become new millionaires so they bought in hopes of getting rich.
agnostos

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:17:47 AM

It's hard to say that bitcoin is not for investment, I'm sure that everyone's goal is to buy bitcoin not for transactions, but to get big profits, because of the events of a few years ago that made many people become new millionaires so they bought in hopes of getting rich.
People got the first idea that bitcoin is kind of an internet investment and not an internet currency. Those people took advantages of bitcoin, investing in bitcoin is way more better than any other investment.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:50:17 AM

If we don't call it an investment then what is it? If I trade in forex and earned some profits because the price of the currency that I bought went up against the dollar, isn't it that we can call it an investment because the money I spent in buying that currency can increase or decrease after a short period of time.
There is no other sentence to describe bitcoin other than investment. after all there is no problem for that, many people put their money in bitcoin and hope their money can grow in bitcoin, if you look at the meaning and definition of investment you can certainly call it an investment. there is nothing to worry about, I think it's clear that bitcoin is an investment
ASHANABEY

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:05:07 PM

Sadly no one can deny the fact that even Bitcoin is a currency it has become an investment in the current marketing system and many openly address Bitcoin as an investment and I think they might even doesn't know it is an currency. But it is good or bad most business individuals was attracted to Bitcoin in past period to invest which may be seems like bad because they only think to gain money by investing but it has increase Bitcoins popularity among people in the world so there are good and bad both here   
daigialamtien22

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:09:13 PM

I think calling bitcoin an investment account is justified because so many people put their money and invest in it with the desire to go far and get more.So call bitcoin as the investment account is the name The best
Apple Mac

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:33:36 PM

The limited supply and the distribution process leads to the analogy of gold. It's not hard to also see the similarity of something that was once a universally used as currency also being considered an asset and therefore an investment. While I don't disagree with what you say I think it is inevitable and unavoidable that many people will view Bitcoin as digital gold and an investment.

I agree with that people used to relate Bitcoin with gold simply because it has the same approach regarding to the supply of Bitcoin that we have,  gold is the same with Bitcoin very limited in nature and we can eradicate the idea of investing to this platform since the more you hoard number of Bitcoins the higher the possibility that you may have a better amount of profit we should not forget that thing tho

Cryptoville247

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:38:05 PM

Honestly speaking, I think it will be very difficult for anyone to enter Bitcoin without thinking of it as an investment. It is a fact we just have to admit, it may be a wrong perspective but it is the truth.
yourialfa

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:42:54 PM

Indeed, bitcoin was created as a digital currency, but some people say bitcoin is like an investment because they can benefit in the future just by saving their bitcoin. I say bitcoin as anything. If people say it is an investment, yes, never mind. We don't need to think about that. Because bitcoin is sometimes like an investment. Sorry if my opinion is wrong. Because differences of opinion will always be there. so there's no need to worry about that.
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:52:38 PM

Its an very high risk investment
Yeah, bitcoin is a high risk investment cause the value is unpredictable you need knowledge and lots of patients to wait if the goes down. But even a high risk it's worth it cause your investment are gain high profitable income.
Megazord

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:58:34 PM

NO YOU CAN NOT! Because BITKIN IS NOT ONLY CURRENCY BUT AND INVESTMENT, SOON RECOGNIZE BITKINE AS A SECURITY PAPER AND NO DOUBTS WILL STOP.
suzukiy

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:01:20 PM

most people do refer to bitcoin as an investment, because a lot of news that tells us about their successes and get rich because of bitcoin, I think more people are interested in bitcoin not because of the technology but because of the high value of bitcoin, the people mention bitcoin as an investment, because they get the news wrong about bitcoin
sjuzze

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:23:55 PM

bitcoin is like a lottery. chances are you get a huge profit from purchasing bitcoin just like your chance to win money from the lottery. its success rate is difficult to gauge.
Stuart little

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:29:40 PM

maybe, because many people invest and give chance for alternative payment for people using that at the same time maybe use for investment etc.
cryptoplane

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:35:14 PM

Its characteristics of scarcity and distribution are the main reasons for this speculation that exists in Bitcoin.
brolekset

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:02:36 PM

Clearly people are using or buying bitcoin as an investment. Merely telling people to stop doing so is futile. It's just not going to happen. It's largely those who are treating is as so that are pushing the demand up for it.This is hoarding which is inimical to economics. If only we can go back to  the fundamentals of bitcoin it will be good for all and bitcoin.
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:03:28 PM

NO YOU CAN NOT! Because BITKIN IS NOT ONLY CURRENCY BUT AND INVESTMENT, SOON RECOGNIZE BITKINE AS A SECURITY PAPER AND NO DOUBTS WILL STOP.

Learn to write Bitcoin correctly then people will start to listen to you
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:09:46 PM

i dont think so. for some people, bitcoin is really an investment. they invest their money into bitcoin.
christofyler

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:54:13 PM

Bitcoin was created in other not to be controlled even by the government or central banks agreed... I think on the other hand bitcoin is also an investment in the sense that people put in their money for a reason.... If bitcoin is not an investment then there shouldn't be risk in putting in your money.
Criptomen

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:57:34 PM

Until the course stabilizes, is very difficult to stop calling bitcoin an investment, since it really looks like an investment. I understand that Bitcoin was created for more important purposes, but so far these goals are very difficult to achieve for now
peterpeterpeter

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:05:41 PM

Why?
I think bitcoin investment is through?
Don't you think that bitcoin is an investment.
Ex: a person buy a bitcoin in a low price and he sells higher than the price he bought.
So I think that is an example and clearly an investment.
Right.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: