Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:41:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?  (Read 2621 times)
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:08:24 PM

We can’t stop calling bitcoin as an investment, Bitcoin is still a great investment even though the price continuously dropping. Bitcoin will always be the king of cryptocurrency which will give us a higher profit in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:15:09 PM

We can’t stop calling bitcoin as an investment, Bitcoin is still a great investment even though the price continuously dropping. Bitcoin will always be the king of cryptocurrency which will give us a higher profit in the future.
I think bitcoin is not literally as an investment because it is a crypto currency that have a value equivalent on that fiat currency and can be use to to purchased goods and services as long as that particular establishment accept bitcoin but many people used bitcoin as an investment that maybe a good move by its purpose but incorrect term used, I believed that crypto currency is the currency of the future that everyone can used and enjoy at its best.

The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:25:50 PM

We can't stop calling Bitcoin as investment because it continuously give us profit. Bitcoin is an asset but also a very valuable digital investment. If you don't believe well,it is up to you. Now that the price of bitcoin drop down ,it is really a good opportunity for everyone to invest and earn more profit at the right time bitcoin will skyrocket again.
ANUKRAMAYON

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:52:32 PM

Any one in the crypto community will be able to call Bitcoin a global currency in the near future because many options are coming to use Bitcoin as a currency because most industries are now opening options to make payments in Bitcoin in there systems to target the crypto community with that Bitcoins business adaptation increases rapidly and the day we can call Bitcoin a currency is becoming very closer 
Bakery cream15

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:42:00 PM

For me I cannot stop it because I consider bitcoin as an investments I am sure more people with agree with me. Bitcoin is an investment that could help us financial specially if our investments gain enough profit. Cheesy Cheesy
kemonojim

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:39:22 PM

Explosive popularity and growth in prices make bitcoin an attractive object for investment. But the risk is big.
vin22

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:10:42 PM

I cannot stop calling bitcoin an investment reason being that it posses all the features which what is know as investment do.  Which is putting your funds on goods and services which are to be used in the feature.  It is a means of saving money for feature use so it is an investment.
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 06:15:55 PM

Why should Bitcoin not be called investment. I thought about this and compared bitcoin to facebook, twitter or google shares on the stock exchange, if they can be called financial assets, then why not bitcoins which also perform the same role by given returns while holding it.

nagasaking

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:16:59 PM

it's still not clear to call it currency, investment or just computer software from a legal point of view. I agree that Satoshi has a vision to instill the habit of using Bitcoin as a payment system but because this gains monetary value over a period of time, a large user base sees it as an investment choice and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.
dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 07:19:36 PM

Can you stop calling Bitcoin an investment?

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

You're not even investing, you are just gambling with money.
Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Why don't we see cryptographers anymore? Guess the reasons
Yes this is true , not only btc but for any crypto you can not call it investment. I also noticed that many ico projects use the word 'Contributor' instead of 'Investor '.

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:27:11 PM

This damages the cryptocurrency. Bitcoin was not created to become an investment. Before Bitcoin, there were some digital currencies years back, the goal was always to be able to create a (digital) currency free from central banks and governments.
Cypherpunks and other anarcho-capitalists are at the origin of this idea, perhaps 20 or 30 years ago. None were intended to make an investment to be rich quickly.
You won't find in the white paper "investing" mentioned, you won't find any post from Satoshi mentioning it

Considering Bitcoin as an investment, this is the reason why we have more and more regulations, G20 summits and others craps, KYC, etc...
The word "Crypto-assets" didn't exist before, why did they create it? Because you even consider it an investment, then why shouldn't they?
Bitcoin could be a lot more accepted and used by now. Why should a merchant agree to be paid in Bitcoin? He wants money, not a piece of your investment.

Go to the altcoins board, you will surely find plenty of ICOs where you can say you invested in. I have something for you, ICOs used to raise money are no different than "Crowdfunding". If you want to invest then there are a lot of Crowdfunding websites where you can invest in real startups with fewer risks, (you won't find any project using photos from Pixabay...)

Yes this is true , not only btc but for any crypto you can not call it investment. I also noticed that many ico projects use the word 'Contributor' instead of 'Investor '.

Over time the SEC or other authorities are going to catch up with a lot of these hucksters I'm guessing. Clever wording is going to be pretty unlikely to save them.
Ajadey4

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:13:04 PM

Reading through it all, you sure do have a point.
Buying something and watching it grow in price for more profit shouldn't be termed gambling, if that is it, then, there are lots of legit businesses we can refer to as been a gambling coy. It is being smart on my part. You know when and where to invest, the amount to inject, and to cash out accordingly.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 10:43:00 PM

At its current status, I don't think we can. Yes the original concept of Bitcoin was and is still an alternative mode of payment. But because of the value it has gained trough the years, it has become a store of value wherein people saw the opportunity to earn via holding and trading. We cannot blame people to see BTC as an investment because whether we like it or not, BTC has also been tagged as such and many have earned from it.

SIDDHI777

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:32:56 PM

Most in the crypto world and outside consider Bitcoin as an asset to invest and make profit but not more than that because the community that was created was only doing something that do with a normal investment asset and that was buying holding and selling so idea to use Bitcoin as a currency was forgotten until today some and few companies started to provide Bitcoin payment options to there customers and I hope this will continue     

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
kyle999

Activity: 475

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:10:28 PM

There are so many fears of investment sites that should not supply this as a result of many scammers in our country. So it's good to be sure that calling bitcoin is an investment.
phairan

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:16:46 PM

Bitcoin can be considered an investment since you are using your funds for something that is developing. However, from another point of view, you are purchasing/buying coins and then selling them. I use to call Bitcoin an investment
FilipZ

Activity: 80

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:21:00 PM

People nowadays are wrong when calling BTC an investment. BTC is a crypto currency just like other crypto's. People think that buying bitcoins is an investment because of the "hill" that the cost of the BTC made a few months ago. People think that while buying a BTC they invest into their carrier because at first, in every single company or project you first have to invest to get better and etc. but imagine that the BTC will never go up again and you will loose thousand of dollars. Thats why I think that buying BTCs isn't an investment because its just trying out your luck.  Shocked

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:26:19 PM

Well, i personally dont call it an investment, much more in its current value, neither other ICO coins around. Base on their current status it only depends on every individual how they are going view their crypto holdings right now. They can call it a currency for those who can use it as common payment mean and for those whose believe it is a store of value can call it gold or diamond or whatever.

tkaush

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:23:44 PM

I cannot deny the fact that Bitcoin has become an investment and this was created due to the people it hold because many seek profits and that is the main intention to join with the crypto world  but If the world starts to use Bitcoin as a currency the advantages and benefit we can gain is immense because many industries need stable, reliable, secure and specially convenient method to do payment and transactions and that can easily accommodated by Bitcoin due to its well equipped feature and qualities
InCoinsITrust

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:29:56 PM

Although. It is an investment, you buy it in the hope that the price increases and you make a profit. “An investment”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: