Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:10:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Diversification is for idiots" - Mark Cuban  (Read 280 times)
JungleEskimo (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:31:04 AM

Diversification is also for peasants who anticipate failure and have no confidence in themselves. Most dont even understand that holding different altcoins doesnt count as diversification. You're only minimizing profits and maximizing exposure to risks by holding 10+ coins and you look like a moron when you're holding 15+ coins.

Yeah thats right, I went there
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:35:39 AM

Well, diversification in cryptocurrencies is maybe only good for speculators. When they bet on some low market coin which may rise in the future.
If you bought only Bitcoin in the past, you should be in profit, but if you bought coins like Feathercoin or any other altcoin, you are in a big loss.
JungleEskimo (OP)

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:15:05 PM

most people here have no idea what theyre doing

this entire board is just people asking other people to tell them what to do

90% of threads here are basically titled "should i do this now?" or "is this a good idea?"
Tipstar

Activity: 1750
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:24:42 PM

Sticking to a single coin can be profitable than diversification, it's not fun at all.
You just would have a single price tab open and refresh it everytime? And what would you use the exchange for? to convert it to Tether and back?

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:57:28 PM

LOL at these sound bytes

although if you don't know what you're doing then stick all in BTC

there are a few great projects waiting to blow but knowing which will blow first is impossible

telexnetwork

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:06:37 PM

Well, diversification in cryptocurrencies is maybe only good for speculators. When they bet on some low market coin which may rise in the future.
If you bought only Bitcoin in the past, you should be in profit, but if you bought coins like Feathercoin or any other altcoin, you are in a big loss.

also biggest scam coin like XP coin
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:10:21 PM

Diversification is also for peasants who anticipate failure and have no confidence in themselves. Most dont even understand that holding different altcoins doesnt count as diversification. You're only minimizing profits and maximizing exposure to risks by holding 10+ coins and you look like a moron when you're holding 15+ coins.

Yeah thats right, I went there

Some people success with that method and rest of them fail, as long they get profit there's no problems. You can't push people to follow your mindset/ method, they have different experience and knowledge, of course the result will not same. If you're expert please share your strategy in true number and let the " moron " learning from. Diversification is good but know how to use it is better and I believe, I was there.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Airelves09

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 01:14:11 PM

I don't recommend holding too many coins. I suggest that only the currency of potential and value is held. Because there is too much to hold. When all the prices are down. Your profit will be compressed very small.

Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:32:25 PM

Diversification is not for morons. Just like how in real life it is advisable to have multiple streams of income, same is applicable here. You cant tell me is just only one cryptocurency which you are interested in, is not possible and as such you try to stay in as much projects you support as possible. Where it becomes boring is when one spreads their investment funds so thinly that profits are not even noticed when it comes.
code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:47:04 PM

I think it is foolish to look a person who invests all your money in one altcon that will depreciate:)))
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:08:44 PM

Well, it is double-edge sword phrase. mark cuban probably know trusted projects, but i don't have insider information, so i have to diversify my investments.
I can't predict future so I don'tknow which alt will blow market.
What about VC ? venture funds invest in hundreds of projects, majority of them will fail, but some of them will become unicorns and as a result make 100x. This is a point of diversification.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:40:43 PM

Well, it is double-edge sword phrase. mark cuban probably know trusted projects, but i don't have insider information, so i have to diversify my investments.
I can't predict future so I don'tknow which alt will blow market.
What about VC ? venture funds invest in hundreds of projects, majority of them will fail, but some of them will become unicorns and as a result make 100x. This is a point of diversification.

I don't believe he was being serious.
The statement is ludicrous without knowing the specific context

YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:00:56 PM

I don't recommend holding too many coins. I suggest that only the currency of potential and value is held. Because there is too much to hold. When all the prices are down. Your profit will be compressed very small.

In fact, holding too many coins can be too difficult to control. Diversification is good for me. With a few promising coins in your wallet you can expect a very decent profit.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:50:37 PM

You do not need to invest in tons of coins in order to diversify. IMO, diversifying in 2 or 3 good coins is good enough. Then again, it depends on your investment capital.
keykey1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:10:57 AM

I disagree with you. To diversify the funds it is not necessary to invest in 10 shit coins enough 2-3 promising coins such as bitcoin and ethereum.   
Akichiva23

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:14:58 AM

Well, people have prefferences and reasons as to why they chose to spread out far and wide, sometimes it turns out profitable while other times its just a missed gamble,if you are certain about the quality of the coin you have in store then there is no need to diversify
CheatingCoins

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

Do what needs to be done.

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:17:42 AM

most people here have no idea what theyre doing

this entire board is just people asking other people to tell them what to do

90% of threads here are basically titled "should i do this now?" or "is this a good idea?"
Hahah spot on! I've been reading mining forums for a while as well (not just investing) and it's same thing. People will trust complete stranger to tell them what to do with their own money. I do understand having it as a bit of advice and doing your own research but nooo they will pretty much do as told.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 08:40:44 AM

Lol 10+ coins, I dont consider that as a profitable diversification, not unless if youre holding many coins and actively day trading. I mean not all of those who diversify their investment makes good return, I agree with the fact that by diversifying it increases the level of risks, but there are those who knows how and who dont. There is a difference in contrary, but I also have to agree with the whole Idea with the OP. If you feel like you dont know what youre doing, the better stick to one coin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Gwapoman

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 09:23:03 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2018, 09:53:53 AM by Gwapoman

different alts have different target markets and industries that they're focused to upgrade and enhance..there are projects focused on LOGISTICS,HEALTHCARE,INSURANCE,GAMING,MUSIC,GAMBLING industries and so on....Crypto is a very young market and we are very lucky to have an opportunity to invest this early with maybe soon the next FACEBOOK,the next FedEX,the next AIRBnB,the next MICROSOFT of the Cryptoworld,so for me,holding 20+ alts won't make someone looks like an idiot.It's just that they saw some potential in those alts that really worth to HODL.

██    DON'T POST SHITPOST  ██
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 09:58:06 AM

I agree with that they say. Most people are deciding to invest in cryptocurrencies, according to hearsay information or the so-called tips. They don't even know cryptocurrency that they are buying. What does it do?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: