Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 02:11:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgotten myetherwallet password  (Read 501 times)
RolandoBTC (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:24:07 PM

I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
Hope you mates can help me clear this out.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:53:25 PM

The private keys is the most important, it mustn't get to the hand of 2nd party even your biological brother if you choose. So to change your eth to fiat, then you need to login to your myetherwallet with your private key so as to send the eth to whoever's buying from you in exchange with fiat.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:14:24 PM

I used to have myetherwallet adress and i never list the password of myetherwallet in my notepad,only the eth account adress and the private keys which i think this are only the important to save.
AFAIK you don't need any password if you are importing a wallet via privatekey. Perhaps you are opening your wallet with a Keystore / JSON File?

My question is?
Is myetherwallet password is important when i need it to exchange my rewards into fiat?or only the eth account and private keys?
Your password is ofcourse important if you are opening an encrypted wallet like what I mentioned via Keystore / JSON File. You will not be able to access your wallet without it. As for trading your coins with fiat, it will not require you to input your password when transferring your coins to an exchange. Just enough coins and eth to cover for the gas fee.
AteenaD

Activity: 208
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:15:35 PM

My question is?

Refrain yourself from worrying mate. Although MEW password were imperative but it is quite not that too important. As long as you have both the private keys and account address secured, you are good to transact anytime you wish. Be positively sure to have a copy, not only one but two of those very important datas. Those were your life in the crypto world.
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:18:02 PM

My question is?

Password is not more important than private key. For myether wallet no need password and all. You should have your private key safely to exchange. So don't bother about password
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:20:40 PM

My question is?

Nope, you can access your account directly by private key when you want to send out some ETH from your wallet.
But it's not recommended to do it due to safety of your wallet
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:23:10 PM

I think your question is whether your mew password is important and yes it is. You will need it to open your account when you want to deal on your coin to assure that you are the owner of the address. Sorry if you have lost it.
retprogramisto

Activity: 149
Merit: 34

💡 Websites, scripts for BTC web4crypto.xyz

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 05:25:16 PM

All you need to access crypto is your private key. You can go to myetherwallet.com and choose import private key, then you have full access to your funds.

➡️  💡  𝗪𝗲𝗯𝟰𝗖𝗿𝘆𝗽𝘁𝗼  💡  ⬅️
Websites, scripts, crypto integration for BTC
✔️ Free consultation at Web4Crypto.xyz
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 05:31:10 PM

You have 2 ways to log-in.

If you have private key, you are good.

If you have json file with pass, you are good.

If you have both, you are good.

If you don't have neither, that means you won't see your tokens again.

Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:36:49 PM

Loosing your ethereum wallet password is not enough to loose access to your digital assets because, what you actually need to access your finds is importing your private key and your good to go.
Reason why , we must guard our private keys jealously.
Anniee123

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:46:24 AM

If you have a private key, you don't need to worry about it.
Because you can import the private key into another purse

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Peterdav

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:49:34 AM

I also never save passwords when making a wallet on MyEtherwallet, the main thing is to save the private key safely, so that you can send it to another exchange or wallet.
Scientest

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:50:21 AM

Its private key all you need. Don't worry man.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:00:52 AM

My question is?

I am really not surprised to hear this because many people have asked this kind question,the password you created during the opening process of MyEtherwallet is not as relevant as the public key and the private key because it's not used when you want to transfer your tokens, so don't be afraid. It might be relevant when you loose the public and private keys.

HOMT