Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:14:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does positive news have any impact in bitcoin price  (Read 901 times)
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:55:52 PM

Correct, but the bad news is outweighing all of the good news. That's the answer to your problem. The bad news is coming from the governmental regulators around the globe. The good news is happening in little growthspurts, a little here, a little there.
   Think about the recent ETF news regarding the SEC's decision to postpone the proposals. That statementt alone, seems to be hitting the market hard, at least from my point of view. I could be wrong though.

figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:23:22 PM

Positive news does have an impact on prices. Even in bear markets, in my opinion.

However, the impact that positive news has on prices are probably significantly reduced in bear market scenarios simply because of the psychological nature of bearish sentiment circulating around the market. A single piece of news indicating that institutional investors may be interested in something bitcoin related simply isn't enough to spark major increases in prices in a bear market.

This can be observed right now, in this exact bear market. Prices aren't moving despite multiple news coverages that would be considered to be extremely positive within a bull market.

exactly. that's the key that most people don't understand: news is secondary or tertiary to actual market sentiment and overall commitment of traders. that's why good news in bear markets often causes little short squeezes that are just sold into by underwater investors. and then the bleed continues.

i've seen so many people ask, "why isn't price going up? there's so much good news!" and IMO the answer is, "that should actually inform you that we're in a corrective/bear market. so you should expect price to go down, or sideways at best, until the correction is over."

Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:10:09 PM

I have been observing a trend from last year bitcoin price movements to this year movement.
 I have observed how we're getting so much positive news and adoption about bitcoin this year, but still the prices refuse to go up. If this was last year a single positive news will have pumps the prices by at least 10% or more.
Its that positive news don't longer have any effect on the price movement or is their any manipulation going on.

It really depends on what positive news you are referring to, some positive news doesn't affect the price immediately but does an impact to the audience who's reading the article. Therefore, they will tend to buy or sell depending on what was the current news trend they were reading.
jestbenen8

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:29:14 AM

I have been observing a trend from last year bitcoin price movements to this year movement.
 I have observed how we're getting so much positive news and adoption about bitcoin this year, but still the prices refuse to go up. If this was last year a single positive news will have pumps the prices by at least 10% or more.
Its that positive news don't longer have any effect on the price movement or is their any manipulation going on.

It really depends on what positive news you are referring to, some positive news doesn't affect the price immediately but does an impact to the audience who's reading the article. Therefore, they will tend to buy or sell depending on what was the current news trend they were reading.
Positive news about the market are too much important in fact it make people more confident about investment there. For the first time when Japan regularized bitcoin it gave a good boost to the price of bitcoin. I hope in future we will heard much more good news about the market.
Hopetruel

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:01:28 PM

Positive news about the market are too much important in fact it make people more confident about investment there. For the first time when Japan regularized bitcoin it gave a good boost to the price of bitcoin. I hope in future we will heard much more good news about the market.
Traders speculate the price of bitcoins through fundamental analysis which comes with news about the government and regulators involvement in bitcoins and I think the news in the media affects the traders view.
Deku

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:24:01 PM

Traders speculate the price of bitcoins through fundamental analysis which comes with news about the government and regulators involvement in bitcoins and I think the news in the media affects the traders view.

Moreover if more people support bitcoin then theres a lot of poaitive news about it. After that, people would definitely trust and invest more on it.
Bernardo lewanusa

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:43:08 PM

The reasons of ups and downs in the market are quite uncertain as well , like they are really unpredictable. However, there's also a part of market manipulation which influences the market.
Rembedful

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:25:09 AM

It's right that positive news affect the condition and bring positive outcomes, but the reasons of ups and downs in the market are quite uncertain as well , like they are really unpredictable. However, there's also a part of market manipulation which influences the market.
I think that it is depending on the nature of the news. For example if th SEC will conform the ETF it will be a very very good new about bitcoin and no doubt that it will reach bitcoin to the moon. I hope very soon we will hear such news about the bitcoin price.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:57:17 AM

Of course there is an impact in the market  but a little bit in my opinion depends on the news.  Because mostly investors nowadays  always rely on news around the internet  when it comes the circumstances of bitcoin even without doing technical analysis. Wherein they're always jumping quickly on it to contribute on the growth rate even have no specific information behind the news.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:14:38 AM

I have not seen much positive news about bitcoin. Most of the news are negative. And that is one of the reasons as to why the price is still low. There are many other reasons for this decline. If we happen to see positive news, then we will see more demand on the market, thus the price will grow. It is all connected. The news, big whales, the crypto ban, hackers, and so on. But I am very optimistic and positive about bitcoin and I will still believe in it.
Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:25:54 AM

Obviously positive news does really have a big impact on the market just like when ETF is expected to be accepted and the prices change drastically when it was rejected.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:49:29 PM

Positive news has a lot of impact on bitcoin prices it will change the entire scenario  of the cryptocurrency market
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:10:17 PM

Yes for sure.Market need good news good news are like trigger what can fire bullet
Reason is needed always.Same is on stock market and any other
Last time market was  dominated by EFT approval speculation .Good news didn't come some price went down now we have something like temporary peace before next battle

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:14:28 PM

I think the news is part of a prediction put forward by someone about how it will be going forward, so I think it might happen and maybe also just a story.
but I think that positive news is important because if we don't read the news we will use as a benchmark to expect tomorrow.
Tigorss

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:22:19 PM

Positive news is indeed not necessarily have a positive impact because it is only a news example when we read in a news that the price of bitcoin will go up in the coming month it may not necessarily happen because it is only a prediction, but there is also that news what has happened and that can be accounted for and can have a positive impact if the news is good, but otherwise the result will be the opposite.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:44:51 PM

I also find that if we are in 2017, just a little bit of news is the market and bitcoin will quickly increase. But in 2018 this bad news is more influential because this is the correction year, just one FUD is the market falling by at least 10-15%. It's hard to make the bitcoin rise too sharply with good news.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:13:26 PM

The way I see how news works is sort of near the saying "hindsight is always 20/20", as they will always link the news whether it is good or bad after the price movement has already happened, making the majority of the people think that the good/bad news really affected the price movement when the real thing that had happened is news media reporters are trying to make articles with recycled content to make money and the rest of the people will be believing that this news might be really affecting the prices as a lot of people are convinced it is the reason why.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:23:33 PM

Good news will keep the price stable, but bad news will drop the price. Bit of a sad situation at the moment so we need to wait for some really good news to change things around

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
TokenForUs

Activity: 392

Ccfound

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:40:20 PM

yes it does, all we have along 2018 is regular positive news about bitcoin and nothing special so thats why the price are keep to refuse from rising moment. all we need is very big and hype positive news that will impact and pump bitcoin price, name it a breakthrough and most potential project that will come more useful and helpful for every crypto enthusiast or laypeople to know and start investing in bitcoin. the ultimate purposes are back to market cap.

Claudyah

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:44:48 PM

Yes, there is a lot of positive news scattered and it seems to me that it greatly influences market prices but that last year, unlike news like that there was no influence for price increases, because I am sure of badness in recent years because of the great popes to manipulate prices so I they think they are now regulating market prices
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: