Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:48:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do the bitcoin dump is affecting the price of altcoins  (Read 347 times)
rainmonsoon
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:40:25 PM

Good altcoins will recover for sure, and quality ones will increase in value. I have been recently following Stellar that is generally on the rise and the tokens issued on the Stellar platform - now there is a bump like in any cryptocurrency over the past few days, but generally Stellar is on the rise because of the prospective Coinbase listing and other advances. This will also boost tokens issued on the Stellar platform...

My most recent find among alts is AXU, "Argentas Exchange Unit" token issued on the Stellar platform and listed and verified on the Stellarport decentralized exchange, now only at its pre-distribution, or pre-ICO phase. A true hidden diamond, with low profile so far. Experienced people clearly, and cool tech for decentralizing and revolutionizing global banking - their website at argentas.io.

The pre-ICO price is 50% cheaper than the ICO price, a sure winner IMO, and I will certainly get some. They also have an ANN thread, I think here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4431900.0. I dug really deep in their content, and it is really cool stuff Grin But don’t forget your own research!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jhayness18

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:49:25 PM

If Bitcoin will dump more down in future than what will to other Altcoins it will also dump or bull high?
Actually yes, the dumping of btc can gives a big effects to altcoins because like we have noticed for a long time that some of them are only depends in the movements of bitcoin so whatever the btc movement will be it for sure that altcoins will do the same way too.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
Jazvebtc18

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:51:29 PM

If Bitcoin will dump more down in future than what will to other Altcoins it will also dump or bull high?

If bitcoin will dump down the price of all altcoins will also dump. Bitcoin is the basis of all altcoins.  But I think this won't happen that bitcoin will dump more down in the future.  Price volatility is the nature of bitcoin but it has a trend going up and down. Maybe blockchain technology will be more developed and the prices of cryptocurrency will sore high in the future.
kenmobility

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:55:39 PM

bitcoin rise and fall always affect the rise and fall of other alternate currencies, bitcoin is the king of crypto currencies, it has huge influence on others alt currencies.
Btcjoglyn

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:56:23 PM

When many people see that bitcoin is rising they tend to sell a lot of there stakes in altcoins to get in on the rise of bitcoin. They make a short profit on the bitcoin rise and then buy back there altcoins at a discounted rate as there prices diminished because of the btc price pump. Simple way to increase your stakes in altcoins whilst gaining a little profit in bitcoin.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:06:28 PM

Bitcoin has not dumped in the market; it’s prices has only faced several price fluctuations which is normal for such a huge project

But when it comes to altcoins, the tokens are sold at ridiculous prices and goes dumping towards 1 or 2 sats
The differences are clear
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:43:10 PM

You can see it in the market right now, whether or not it has an impact depends on your opinion, in my opinion the decline in bitcoin will also have an impact on the altcoin, because as we know that bitcoin is a benchmark of the value of altcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
spritJ

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:45:54 PM

All previous cryptocurrencies were attached to Bitcoin, but Bitcoin rose 10% in the previous period. However, other altcoins did not rise too much, so I think the market is changing now. The altcoin is not completely dependent on the bit. The currency is gone.
Haterstestbtc

Activity: 329
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:54:13 PM

As seen in the charts, bitcoin price really affects altcoin price as well. When it dumps, altcoin dumps and when it goes higher some altcoins goes higher,too. Maybe this is because bitcoin has been the trail maker in the digital world and other coins next to it depends on its market value. Just a mere thought because I am not expert yet.
sponge_bob13

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:04:13 PM

The crypto market depends on liquidity. So it's hard to predict about this. Even then analyzing the current market system, the crypto market is being developed. I think bitcoins will be better and turn around.
doraemon_33766

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:04:52 PM

If the price of bitcoin increases, then the prices of other altcoin will increase. Because the crypto market depends on liquidity. Here Bitcoin leads the crypto market. Here are some other coins followed by Bitcoin.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:23:40 PM

Bitcoin is the pioneer of cryptocurrency then altcoins will be, sort of the followers of it. If bitcoin doesn't make it, then the market sentiment will be low for the technology dragging all crypto markets low. But it will not be permanent as Altcoins have its own improvisations and innovations.
farhiamunni

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:32:31 PM

Yes, it could be a possibility. Given the most preferred coin is BTC, and if that hits a fall then the investors will believe that the same fate will come to all the other coins. Therefore, we see all the coins get dumped when the BTC's price falls.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:51:37 PM

I notice that prices of altcoins will be affected when bitcoin price fluctuate since Bitcoin is the market leader. And normally, the gain/loss percentage of altcoins fluctuate more than Bitcoin.
Nicolaus Copernicus

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:19:40 AM

There are so many other factors need to be considered here instead of the  down price of BTC. Political issues, regulations and ban issues also bear impacts on market price as crypto world is very volatile.
rosstiller

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:20:14 AM

I do not think only dropping off of  bitcoins affects the price of alcoins. That cannot be the major reason. Both can be down at the same time as the whole market is down and it is affected by other things too.
Rtalk

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:22:17 AM

If bitcoin continues to fall-all coins will fall.Bitcoin sets the trend and all coins are guided by it.
454875kio

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:23:28 AM

I think if bitcoin falls too fast, it will lead to a bear market. Altcoins will also fall sharply as bitcoin prices fall. Even most altcoin will die.
doraemon_33766

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:32:22 AM

If cryoto users want to diversify into alcoins all they need to have trust in the recovery of bitcoins. When BTC pumps up in a large amount the tiny shrink can do some wonder on altcoins.
apirmalakas

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:44:01 AM

I think this dump is currently in preparation for the next big bull run. We are fast approaching the end of the year where expectations are high and a lot of money are at stake. Also, investors are keen to see btc beat its old record of around 20K USD. I hope it does beat its old record sooner that we expect it to.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: