Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks Plans to Support Bitcoin Payments Later This Year  (Read 502 times)
kastara

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:57:50 AM

Brace yourselves fellow coffee addicts. We can now drink our favorite iced coffee or even pay for everything we eat in Starbucks for they are already accepting bitcoin as payment. This is one way of making bitcoin and other cryptos go into mainstream. We need big companies adopting to crypto for it to be known to public. Hope that in the near future every business establishment will make list bitcoin as one of the mode of payments for items purchased. I can't wait to try it out myself. Looking forward for this to take effect asap.

https://toshitimes.com/starbucks-to-support-bitcoin-payments-this-year/

Do you think this adoption will increase the value of bitcoin? Does this really have huge impact on the performance of bitcoin in the crypto market?

I want to drink a cup of hot coffee in Starbucks and pay it with bitcoin that I have and this is an interesting experience for me and at the same time prove that I support bitcoin to be accepted by many people.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Simple_Plan

Activity: 113
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:28:21 AM

Do you think this adoption will increase the value of bitcoin? Does this really have huge impact on the performance of bitcoin in the crypto market?

We don't know if this information is true or it's just a trick to make Starbuck's stock value increase. A lot of companies did this before.

And even if Starbucks support crypto currency, I don't think it'll be bitcoin. It must be a low value and zero transaction fee coin. Though I'm not a big fan of XRP but it's the perfect coin for this.

∞ HYPNOXYS | A Backed Protocol To Decentralize The Chatting Industry
visit : www.hypnoxys.com
MeganRice1212

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:29:42 AM

Starbucks said it is trying to update trends and diversify its payment methods for its customers. Bitcoin will be the first to be accepted at Bakkt. However, the price of the virtual currency is known to fluctuate sharply. From the peak of 20,000 last year, it's now priced at around $ 7,400. This is not the first time Starbucks has entered the field of electronic payment. In 2011, they are one of the major retailers that accept mobile payments at the store. Their latest decision could speed up the pace of legalization using alternative channels, such as Bitcoin.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:32:02 AM

I know some of their branch before already accepted bitcoin as payment I just cant search the topic right now, Starbucks is a great company that serve's people they have a lot of customer if all of their branches accept bitcoin as payment that would be a great promotion for crypto industry.
Shadon24

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:28:44 AM

Starbucks calls itself a leading retailer involved in the project, hinting at the real potential that the company is establishing itself to accept for Bitcoin to be converted through Bakkt. Maybe this is a great project for us
voltagecrypto98

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:06:17 AM

This is indeed a treat for the people in the crypt market. Everyone loves Starbucks and will be great for us crypto holders to be able to purchase these beverages for crypto.
hasimkamal

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:44:37 PM

Not sure if this will turn out to be hoax like Samsung's one but Starbucks has recently partnered up with ICE to create an ecosystem for the cryptos which shows that they are already thinking of getting into the crypto scene. So, if they start allowing payments in BTC that will be huge news for the community.
WindowsRepuX

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:20:27 PM

Let us rejoice with the news of being able to consume our favourite coffee from our favourite brand. Having this access to pay for Starbucks with crypto is indeed a great news and a step towards the future too.
elygil2022

Activity: 140

REMIIT.IO

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:29:37 PM

Too good to be true, for now! Just being realistic. As a habitue of Starbucks, this is a dream come true for me if this is true. But not this year. Maybe at the turn of the new decade. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REMIIT.IO ║ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform (https://remiit.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:36:18 PM

~ snip ~

I find a very contrasting news regarding Starbucks supporting or accepting bitcoin as payment. I am now a bit confused. Which is which? See both links below

https://cointelegraph.com/news/no-coffee-for-bitcoin-starbucks-clarifies-as-media-misrepresent-its-new-crypto-venture

If news is coming out and it keeps on contradicting themselves then its probably fake news. Its a welcoming news if this is true but it looks like is a total misinterpretation from the media. So for all coffee lovers out there (including me), don't celebrate yet as it might takes years for bitcoin to go mainstream.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:38:01 PM

That's great news but if you talk about the impact on bitcoin value, it will not significant increase but the exposure will greatly increase.
It's just put massive advertisement on Starbuck outlet.
When people want to purchase, they see that starbuck already have another alternate type of payment while we as investor / old investor, we can easily purchase our favorite coffee with single scan !

Smiley
jacksonhen

Activity: 158
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:42:36 PM

Starbucks as one of the well-known companies that adopts a lot of technology and is open to the implementation of new technologies, which already has many branches and I think it will affect the circulation of bitcoin.
So in the future it is not impossible that more and more companies will adopt bitcoin as payment.
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:49:03 PM

I like cup of iced coffee. This is really good for me.
How they fixed price? BTC or usd in amount of btc?
They will be invest to Bitcoin.
Lorna111

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:58:18 PM

Brace yourselves fellow coffee addicts. We can now drink our favorite iced coffee or even pay for everything we eat in Starbucks for they are already accepting bitcoin as payment. This is one way of making bitcoin and other cryptos go into mainstream. We need big companies adopting to crypto for it to be known to public. Hope that in the near future every business establishment will make list bitcoin as one of the mode of payments for items purchased. I can't wait to try it out myself. Looking forward for this to take effect asap.

I find a very contrasting news regarding Starbucks supporting or accepting bitcoin as payment. I am now a bit confused. Which is which? See both links below

https://cointelegraph.com/news/no-coffee-for-bitcoin-starbucks-clarifies-as-media-misrepresent-its-new-crypto-venture

This is a welcome news posted on the above thread, what ever positive news for Bitcoin will have some impact on the market for either short term or long term investment for Bitcoin, Once Bitcoin is globally adopted by a lot more of establishment in the market it will create an increase on awareness about Bitcoin or crypto currency market, yes it will attract investors or possible investors for future investment in the market.

perova93

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:01:16 PM

this is very good news! The more fast food and chain restaurants start accepting crypto coins, the faster people around the world will start using crypto coins! after the network restaurants and cafes begin to accept crypto coins - they will all earn profits! I wish the company good luck Starbucks!
anrian062

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:37:33 AM

great news.. finally, there is an actual and real store that accept cryptocurrencies. of course, this will make BTC rises again moreover with high customers store like Starbucks. and hopefully, they can make a new system to pay with physical medium of bitcoin. i am so excited for this news and cannot wait for this to happen. many people will start to look at crypto world .
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:46:38 AM

Starbucks knows how to feel the trends of the modern world) To be popular)
Jolozxc

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:56:45 AM

That is really good if star bucks will join the crypto world, i hope it will help the bitcoin too to attract other big company to join on cryptocurrency, and about the news that they will support the bitcoin this year it is really great to buy some coffee there using bitcoin.
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:47:09 AM

It's great that such giants as Starbucks are looking towards cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. What they said about taking Bitcoin says that they trust Bitcoin. This news will help the Bitcoin community become even bigger and the distribution of Bitcoin will become more extensive.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:16:30 AM

We don't know if this information is true or it's just a trick to make Starbuck's stock value increase. A lot of companies did this before.

And even if Starbucks support crypto currency, I don't think it'll be bitcoin. It must be a low value and zero transaction fee coin. Though I'm not a big fan of XRP but it's the perfect coin for this.

They will wait for LN to mature first. XRP is dirt

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: