Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:36:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308632 times)
scryptographer

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 03:47:56 PM

So from the looks of the comments here http://cryptomining-blog.com/1262-download-cgminer-3-7-2-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/#comments the STM etc.. isn't supported yet?

Also I tried this in linux and all the devices are shown and hashing but getting 100% reject and no shares are being offered.

I got it working with STM. Only downside was that when I was playing around with frequency, I had to disconnect and reconnect the units for CGminer to see them again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:49:33 PM

So from the looks of the comments here http://cryptomining-blog.com/1262-download-cgminer-3-7-2-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/#comments the STM etc.. isn't supported yet?

Also I tried this in linux and all the devices are shown and hashing but getting 100% reject and no shares are being offered.

run with --gridseed-options=baud=xxxxxx,freq=xxx,chips=x and --scrypt and it should work.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PMB

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:53:44 PM

In Linux I had the same problem as you.. Probably because cgminer still mines BTC only in Linux ;-)

regards,

P.
PMB

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:54:39 PM

run with --gridseed-options=baud=xxxxxx,freq=xxx,chips=x and --scrypt and it should work.

In linux I tried that but go none accepted...

regards,

P.
jmordica

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:57:08 PM

I got it working with STM. Only downside was that when I was playing around with frequency, I had to disconnect and reconnect the units for CGminer to see them again.

What steps did you perform to get this working?

Thanks.
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:00:56 PM

Wolfey, look into CGremote. It does cost about $10 since it is in beta testing, but it will give you all that info and more. I have my Ants API connected to it and my BFL gear.

Thanks but I'm not using a controller. I'm using direct USB hub porting to my PC...does it work with that too?
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
scryptographer

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:06:10 PM

Thanks.
Exactly as written in the post you linked.
- Downloaded Zadig
- From the Zadig interface select Options and choose List All Devices
- From the Dropdown list of devices select STM Device USB and click on Replace Driver with the WinUSB driver selected
- Edited the .bat file in CGminer and ran it.

As mentioned, after stopping CGminer I had to reconnect the USB cable to get CGminer to see the devices again.

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:29:55 PM

Thanks.
- Downloaded Zadig
- From the Dropdown list of devices select STM Device USB and click on Replace Driver with the WinUSB driver selected

As mentioned, after stopping CGminer I had to reconnect the USB cable to get CGminer to see the devices again.

Wow! what a convoluted mess cgminer is...at least with GS5's... my gosh!
All that configuring and re-configuring, tech support issues like crazy!
It seems cgminer has a way to go yet to become 'user friendly' i.e. easy and convenient for most users.
I'm using cpuminer LTC only version, and running smoothly, no comm port issues, no Zadikitup to hassle with.
Just dump zadic and cgminer for GS3355 and use cpuminer for Gridseed 5-Chip ASICs with Reduced Power Usage.... http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/
Forget about all the headaches and LOST TIME AND INCOME courtesy of cgminer for GS3355...
Load up and run cpuminer, get them running and making you MONEY stably and dependably!
Headaches, hassles and wasted time gone!
I for one am not interested in being some well meaning hacker's guinea pig....
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

scryptographer

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 04:40:31 PM

It seems cgminer has a way to go yet to become 'user friendly' i.e. easy and convenient for most users.
I'm using cpuminer LTC only version, and running smoothly, no comm port issues, no Zadikitup to hassle with.
Just dump zadic and cgminer for GS3355 and use cpuminer for Gridseed 5-Chip ASICs with Reduced Power Usage.... http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/
Forget about all the headaches and LOST TIME AND INCOME courtesy of cgminer for GS3355...
Load up and run cpuminer, get them running and making you MONEY stably and dependably!
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

That's what I ended up doing as well, plus using individual instances of cpuminer I can control the frequency on each unit

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:47:50 PM

If you don't want to run a bunch of cpuminers, I have posted modified cgminer sources to allow LTC-only mode: https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355.

Any binaries for Windows available? Thanks!
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:10:07 PM

Wolfey, look into CGremote. It does cost about $10 since it is in beta testing, but it will give you all that info and more. I have my Ants API connected to it and my BFL gear.
Thanks but I'm not using a controller. I'm using direct USB hub porting to my PC...does it work with that too?
Wolfey2014

It works with cgminer or bfgminer for monitoring. You can do restarts and check hash rates.
Andareed

Activity: 84
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:31:15 PM

If you don't want to run a bunch of cpuminers, I have posted modified cgminer sources to allow LTC-only mode: https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355.

Any binaries for Windows available? Thanks!

http://cryptomining-blog.com/1262-download-cgminer-3-7-2-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics/

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 07:31:43 PM

hello all. Anyone know if there is a cgminer that supports the Gridseed 5 chip in Scrypt mode only? Thanks in advance.
ps. and that also allows for the low wattage like cpuminer/minerd

And a tip for all, scryptguild.com is an up and coming Auto Switching Mining pool ran by eleuthria of BTCGUILD bitcoin fame....this Admin knows how to run a BITCOIN pool, and he has some pretty good ideas with this new scrypt pool.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/

Blueman666

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:52:23 PM

Oh the luxury of having cgminer working Smiley Thank you Cryptomining.

Now I can have CGWatcher and CGRemote on it too Smiley)
up2urheadlights

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:11:23 PM

How do I revert back, as now I cannot seem to scrypt mine with the miner ony sha

EDIT: I reinstalled the STM virtual comport driver and back to mining scrypt. In Zadig I do not have the same options as shown in the how to dual mine link above. I do not see CP2102 USB to UART bridge control option listed there anywhere. I installed this driver and it still does not show up there

I would guess.....
If your com/lpt port drivers in device manager still show.
First, close Zadikitup, then go into device manager and refresh the drivers via right click on comm port then click on 'scan for hardware changes'.
Then unplug and plug back in your GS5 and you should be good to go.
I think this might work instead of re-installing the STMelectronics Virtual Comm Port drivers...
That is unless Zadickitallup overwrote or deleted them...
I'm very leery of converting over to cgminer 3.7.2 and having to install Zadig after having cpuminer and my GS5s running like a top for a few days now!
I wrote in to Crypto Mining Blog and asked about them adding real time hash rate to cpuminer. They suggested I convert to cgminer.
I thought it was a good idea when I found out that overclocking evidently works better with cg but now I'm reading that, maybe it ain't a good idea until a firmware upgrade is performed, if that ever happens, right? If cgminer turns out to be stabilizing higher clock speeds i.e. 900, 1000, 1100, 1200...then I'll consider it very strongly.
It seems no one except the very astute and experienced programmer types can figure out how to dual mine.
I'd like to try that soon, myself! No need in letting those btc fractions going to someone with a FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR - billion kazillion hashes per second super duper coin pooper have it all!, eh?
As for now....
They are hashing away very nicely with CPUMINER at 850MHz! Hey, if it ain't broke, don't bypass it with some other shyt! USE the crap out of it! $$$$$$
Wolfey2014

I don't get why you would want to dual mine or mine sha-256 with these.  LTC profitability > BTC profitability.  If you dual mine, your LTC hashrate is going down to compensate, it's not like you are leaving the BTC power on the table by not enabling it.  From what I've heard, you can get 2.5 GH/s BTC and 200 Kh/s LTC while dual mining at stock clocks, and you are using more power, to mine less profitable coins.  If you want to mine BTC there are much more less expensive ASICs that can get higher hashrates for less money and less power and you won't be wasting your more profitable hashes on your Gridseed.

Maybe he just thinks mining btc is fun, and don't forget that it could become more profitable if the value of btc goes up as predicted. Those miniscule Btc fractions will go up in value as well!
Don't get me wrong. You are right in what you say too.

I would love to see someone find a way to reprogram the GC3355's to utilize the otherwise unused btc cores to run Scrypt! I mean, I know the firmware probably won't allow it but the engineers saw fit to only alot 4 cores for Scrypt mining and alot 160 cores for btc frikkin mining. What a waste! if you aren't using them! Give the algorithms are different for both, the processors are still just FETs (transistors) that are either on or off i.e. 1 or 0 just like the Scrypt cores are. So theoretically, they can be re-programmed to run Scrypt! Now that would be a vast improvement!

Then the GS5's would really crank out the hashes. I mean they'd probably be hashing at several times the current rate! And even though they would draw more power, it wouldn't be as much as SHA processing uses because Scrypt is much more efficient, electronically speaking, than SHA-256.
Yeah, that would be cool!

Just my 55000 quarks! Wink
Wolfey2014

Wolfey, I can't tell if you are being serious or just fucking with me.  Either way, I've added my "cents" below.

I think if it were possible they would have done it already.  An ASIC cannot be reprogrammed.  It can only do what it was programmed to do.  I'm thinking the chip was made with LTC cores and BTC cores, the LTC can LTC and the BTC can BTC.  That's it.  The fact that they can't run at full hash at the same time leads me to believe there are shared resources like memory being used or maybe a thermal ceiling imposed by the other components.  I'm not an electronics engineer, but don't hold your breath for some magical hashes where they can't be had.

Anyway.....
Nothing personal. This is addressed to everyone, not just you. I am quoting you so everyone can follow along on the subject.
Anyway...
Chip design is hardware.True, once made, it's made.
Put real simply, software is SOFTWARE, firmware is SOFTWARE written in to non-volatile memory, like in BIOS -....but that can be re-written too! It's called firmware because it's software written in to non-volatile ROM (Read Only Memory). Firmware is used in our little machines to tell the BTC cores how to produce hashes the SHA-256 way. Firmware is used in the LTC core to tell the little hasher how to hash the Scrypt way.
SHA and Scrypt are algorithms. An algorithm is a set of instructions of how to solve a problem and it is usually run in a loop, as we see in the DOS window the 'same' steps being performed over and over and over. It's the brains of the chip. That is the FIRMWARE at work!
Long story short, and as far as I am concerned, the SHA core can be re-programmed to run Scrypt algorithm instead of SHA-256 algorithm. It's that simple! One thing that bugs me about my
Re-write the firmware and we have a set of chips that can now run the heck out of Scrypt at a much higher hash rate! ..... Yeah baby! Yyyyyyyyyyyeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Wolfey2014

Wolfey, No offense, but what you are saying is fundamentally wrong.  I agree firmware can be upgraded, but it's going to do nothing to change the function of the underlying physical silicon that was made to do only one thing.  If BTC ASICs could be simply reprogrammed then don't you think someone would have capitalized on this from the start?  The firmware is there to communicate with the BTC/LTC cores and pass it on to the computer/USB, nothing else.  You can update this to improve stability, maybe get some more hashes by optimizing how the work is passed on to the core and work is received back to the computer. 

On the other hand, FPGA is meant to be reprogrammed, and there is actually open source firmware that takes some of the older bitcoin mining FPGA and converts them into scrypt machines.  Maybe that's what you are thinking about, but regardless, please do some simple research prior to spreading this around.
up2urheadlights

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:17:48 PM

Thanks.
- Downloaded Zadig

This isn't working for me, and the guys that hacked cgminer admitted they tested with earlier GS5's that had the CP2012 controller and not the STM controller.  Not sure why you're having luck with this, I wish I was, maybe it's Win 8 vs Win 7?  Regardless, word is that STM is not functional as there are a lot of people not able to get this to work.
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:22:43 PM

OK are are pictures of before in device manager and after in device manager when Zadig program is run and WINUSB is applied. Note that after STM32 is still in device manage but now listed under USB devices instead of com ports and it no longer has a com port assigned to it.

I i could figure out a way to assign a com port maybe I might be all set
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:29:09 PM

OK are are pictures of before in device manager and after in device manager when Zadig program is run and WINUSB is applied. Note that after STM32 is still in device manage but now listed under USB devices instead of com ports and it no longer has a com port assigned to it.

I i could figure out a way to assign a com port maybe I might be all set

Summerside - after the driver shows up do i need to unplug and plug in the gridseed.Still in work ill give it a try when i get home.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
up2urheadlights

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:36:35 PM

Thanks.
- Downloaded Zadig

Good luck!
Wolfey2014

I think the attempt to get cgminer running was worth the "lost time and income".  The single more beneficial feature is the HW errors being reported which would take all the guesswork out of setting a good frequency to run your individual miner.  With cpuminer I have no idea how many HW errors other than the occasional bright red invalid nonce.  I think it'll get fixed eventually for STM and nobody will even remember they used cpuminer.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:38:25 PM

How do I revert back, as now I cannot seem to scrypt mine with the miner ony sha

EDIT: I reinstalled the STM virtual comport driver and back to mining scrypt. In Zadig I do not have the same options as shown in the how to dual mine link above. I do not see CP2102 USB to UART bridge control option listed there anywhere. I installed this driver and it still does not show up there

I would guess.....
If your com/lpt port drivers in device manager still show.
First, close Zadikitup, then go into device manager and refresh the drivers via right click on comm port then click on 'scan for hardware changes'.
Then unplug and plug back in your GS5 and you should be good to go.
I think this might work instead of re-installing the STMelectronics Virtual Comm Port drivers...
That is unless Zadickitallup overwrote or deleted them...
I'm very leery of converting over to cgminer 3.7.2 and having to install Zadig after having cpuminer and my GS5s running like a top for a few days now!
I wrote in to Crypto Mining Blog and asked about them adding real time hash rate to cpuminer. They suggested I convert to cgminer.
I thought it was a good idea when I found out that overclocking evidently works better with cg but now I'm reading that, maybe it ain't a good idea until a firmware upgrade is performed, if that ever happens, right? If cgminer turns out to be stabilizing higher clock speeds i.e. 900, 1000, 1100, 1200...then I'll consider it very strongly.
It seems no one except the very astute and experienced programmer types can figure out how to dual mine.
I'd like to try that soon, myself! No need in letting those btc fractions going to someone with a FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR - billion kazillion hashes per second super duper coin pooper have it all!, eh?
As for now....
They are hashing away very nicely with CPUMINER at 850MHz! Hey, if it ain't broke, don't bypass it with some other shyt! USE the crap out of it! $$$$$$
Wolfey2014

I don't get why you would want to dual mine or mine sha-256 with these.  LTC profitability > BTC profitability.  If you dual mine, your LTC hashrate is going down to compensate, it's not like you are leaving the BTC power on the table by not enabling it.  From what I've heard, you can get 2.5 GH/s BTC and 200 Kh/s LTC while dual mining at stock clocks, and you are using more power, to mine less profitable coins.  If you want to mine BTC there are much more less expensive ASICs that can get higher hashrates for less money and less power and you won't be wasting your more profitable hashes on your Gridseed.

Maybe he just thinks mining btc is fun, and don't forget that it could become more profitable if the value of btc goes up as predicted. Those miniscule Btc fractions will go up in value as well!
Don't get me wrong. You are right in what you say too.

I would love to see someone find a way to reprogram the GC3355's to utilize the otherwise unused btc cores to run Scrypt! I mean, I know the firmware probably won't allow it but the engineers saw fit to only alot 4 cores for Scrypt mining and alot 160 cores for btc frikkin mining. What a waste! if you aren't using them! Give the algorithms are different for both, the processors are still just FETs (transistors) that are either on or off i.e. 1 or 0 just like the Scrypt cores are. So theoretically, they can be re-programmed to run Scrypt! Now that would be a vast improvement!

Then the GS5's would really crank out the hashes. I mean they'd probably be hashing at several times the current rate! And even though they would draw more power, it wouldn't be as much as SHA processing uses because Scrypt is much more efficient, electronically speaking, than SHA-256.
Yeah, that would be cool!

Just my 55000 quarks! Wink
Wolfey2014

Wolfey, I can't tell if you are being serious or just fucking with me.  Either way, I've added my "cents" below.

I think if it were possible they would have done it already.  An ASIC cannot be reprogrammed.  It can only do what it was programmed to do.  I'm thinking the chip was made with LTC cores and BTC cores, the LTC can LTC and the BTC can BTC.  That's it.  The fact that they can't run at full hash at the same time leads me to believe there are shared resources like memory being used or maybe a thermal ceiling imposed by the other components.  I'm not an electronics engineer, but don't hold your breath for some magical hashes where they can't be had.

Anyway.....
Nothing personal. This is addressed to everyone, not just you. I am quoting you so everyone can follow along on the subject.
Anyway...
Chip design is hardware.True, once made, it's made.
Put real simply, software is SOFTWARE, firmware is SOFTWARE written in to non-volatile memory, like in BIOS -....but that can be re-written too! It's called firmware because it's software written in to non-volatile ROM (Read Only Memory). Firmware is used in our little machines to tell the BTC cores how to produce hashes the SHA-256 way. Firmware is used in the LTC core to tell the little hasher how to hash the Scrypt way.
SHA and Scrypt are algorithms. An algorithm is a set of instructions of how to solve a problem and it is usually run in a loop, as we see in the DOS window the 'same' steps being performed over and over and over. It's the brains of the chip. That is the FIRMWARE at work!
Long story short, and as far as I am concerned, the SHA core can be re-programmed to run Scrypt algorithm instead of SHA-256 algorithm. It's that simple! One thing that bugs me about my
Re-write the firmware and we have a set of chips that can now run the heck out of Scrypt at a much higher hash rate! ..... Yeah baby! Yyyyyyyyyyyeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Wolfey2014

Wolfey, No offense, but what you are saying is fundamentally wrong.  I agree firmware can be upgraded, but it's going to do nothing to change the function of the underlying physical silicon that was made to do only one thing.  If BTC ASICs could be simply reprogrammed then don't you think someone would have capitalized on this from the start?  The firmware is there to communicate with the BTC/LTC cores and pass it on to the computer/USB, nothing else.  You can update this to improve stability, maybe get some more hashes by optimizing how the work is passed on to the core and work is received back to the computer.  

On the other hand, FPGA is meant to be reprogrammed, and there is actually open source firmware that takes some of the older bitcoin mining FPGA and converts them into scrypt machines.  Maybe that's what you are thinking about, but regardless, please do some simple research prior to spreading this around.

No offense taken at all and I apologize if I've accidentally misled anyone.
I was speculating and I suppose I should have qualified my statement as such.
Still, I will research it further. I do know about FPGA's. I'd love to be using some of the FPGA's I know about out there. Talk about high hash rates, economical, efficient, high profits, fast ROI. Nice!
You are right, I don't understand enough about the physical nature of the processors. It doesn't make sense to me though, that the physical difference is that 'different'.
As to "do I think they'd be doing it if they could already",,,, well, there are several things that could be being done that aren't and you could ask the same question of them. Anyway.....to answer your question, no, not necessarily. Wise up.
Well, so much for dreaming of my GS5s being x times faster,,,at least for now Wink
Oh, and if you can point me to some references on the subject for which you seem to feel more qualified than I to speak about, please share it with me/us all. Wink
Wolfey2014

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: