Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:36:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308622 times)
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 03:07:06 PM

Nicehash is fixed now, so anyone who wants to mine there, grab the latest binary and go ahead. Smiley

Sandor,
using your latest version, 'I think' 1.0...
works great except that it's causing my farm to lose connection after a few hours...

stratum-recv-line failed
starting stratum on stratum+tcp:..maintheminingpools.com3002

Does not reconnect.
I can get it to reconnect via manual restart though.

Also, it takes up to a few minutes for 1.0 to start mining 2 of the miners as their stats stay at 0 until then.,
It's starting all miners clocks but seems that it is causing USB port issues. This is also causing me to have to go back and restart comm ports which just won't work for me. I ain't interested in having to do that again.

Perhaps the receive line failure is a clue?

Ver 2.3.2 doesn't cause this issue as far as I can tell. I keep track of it's overall performance by the total hash rate of my rig. It seems to stay pretty consistent and will run for days and days without interruption save a ddos attack.

Can you help? I love the display and stats 1.0 provides!
Thanks.

stratum_recv_line failed = connection problem. Try the latest binary and please upload the full log with protocol and debug output. Without it I cannot tell what the problem is.

Thanks Sandor, the help file is useless, it's all garbled.unformatted... what are the commands for saving a log file, again?
The version I'm having troubles with is 1.0b

I presume you want me to log this problem before I upgrade, right? I assume you have a 1.0c ready to go already?

Thanks

Add this to cmdline: "-D -P -L log.txt"
Yes I just uploaded a new binary for you to try, still v1.0b though. Smiley

Doesn't seem to work no matter where I put it into the command line. I deleted the " marks of course.
Trying your latest ver. Hope it works stably this time. I'll let you know in a few hours if/when....

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RowanX

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:51:25 PM

Whats the best way to enable autotune for just one of my gridseeds? Run it on its own seperate instance of cpuminer until its tuned?
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 03:59:15 PM

Nicehash is fixed now, so anyone who wants to mine there, grab the latest binary and go ahead. Smiley

Sandor,
works great except that it's causing my farm to lose connection after a few hours...

stratum-recv-line failed

Does not reconnect.

Also, it takes up to a few minutes for 1.0 to start mining 2 of the miners as their stats stay at 0 until then.,
It's starting all miners clocks but seems that it is causing USB port issues. This is also causing me to have to go back and restart comm ports which just won't work for me. I ain't interested in having to do that again.

Ver 2.3.2 doesn't cause this issue as far as I can tell. I keep track of it's overall performance by the total hash rate of my rig. It seems to stay pretty consistent and will run for days and days without interruption save a ddos attack.

Thanks.

stratum_recv_line failed = connection problem. Try the latest binary and please upload the full log with protocol and debug output. Without it I cannot tell what the problem is.

Thanks Sandor, the help file is useless, it's all garbled.unformatted... what are the commands for saving a log file, again?

I presume you want me to log this problem before I upgrade, right? I assume you have a 1.0c ready to go already?

Thanks

Doesn't seem to work no matter where I put it into the command line. I deleted the " marks of course.
Trying your latest ver. Hope it works stably this time. I'll let you know in a few hours if/when....

Sorry " -L log.txt" is supposed to be "--log=log.txt"

Whats the best way to enable autotune for just one of my gridseeds? Run it on its own seperate instance of cpuminer until its tuned?

Seperate instance is the only way.

sandor111

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 04:19:47 PM

I don't think --gc3355-timeout is needed anymore. I think I have fixed what is causing the GC3355 to stop hashing, if you send work and reset too fast, it will corrupt the registers. Solved it by waiting a minimum of 100ms before and 100ms after resetting.

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 04:23:08 PM

Sandor,

stratum-recv-line failed

Does not reconnect.

Thanks.

Thanks

Sorry " -L log.txt" is supposed to be "--log=log.txt"

Seperate instance is the only way.

Sorry, I don't have time for the debugging game.
I'll keep watching the thread to see when you solve the issue.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 04:34:45 PM

I don't think --gc3355-timeout is needed anymore. I think I have fixed what is causing the GC3355 to stop hashing, if you send work and reset too fast, it will corrupt the registers. Solved it by waiting a minimum of 100ms before and 100ms after resetting.

Thanks Sandor, I'll keep you posted.

SuchDigging

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:46:16 PM

Hi Everyone,

Sandor thank you for all your hard work creating CPUMiner. I am looking to switch from CGMiner and looking for what sort of start-up commands are needs:

" ./minerd --gc3355-detect --freq=1200 --gc3355-autotune --url=**** --userpass=***:*** "

I performed the voltmod on all my gridseeds so the 1200Mhz should be fine. When I run the above command I get an error saying:

"No GC3355 devices specified, please use --gc3355-detect for ... "

How do I solve this error? As well, I have 100 gridseeds all connected to my Ubuntu PC. Is it best to run them all in 1 instance of CPUminer?

Thanks!
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 04:54:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

Sandor thank you for all your hard work creating CPUMiner. I am looking to switch from CGMiner and looking for what sort of start-up commands are needs:

" ./minerd --gc3355-detect --freq=1200 --gc3355-autotune --url=**** --userpass=***:*** "

I performed the voltmod on all my gridseeds so the 1200Mhz should be fine. When I run the above command I get an error saying:

How do I solve this error? As well, I have 100 gridseeds all connected to my Ubuntu PC. Is it best to run them all in 1 instance of CPUminer?

Thanks!

I believe --gc3355-detect is automatic. you do not need it in the command line...
set it up like this...
set your base frequency as desired, autotune will take care of the rest...
add all of your comm ports in the same format and you should be good to go...

example:
minerd --freq=1175 --gc3355=\\.\com2,\\.\com4,\\.\com5,\\.\com6 --gc3355-autotune --url=stratum+tcp://joesmingpool.com:3002 --userpass=xxxx:zzzxxx
good luck!

sandor111

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:25:40 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Make sure that there are devices listed under /dev/ttyACM*, if not then you may need to reboot, just don't run cgminer. It is fine to run 100 on one instance, it can handle way more than that.

RowanX

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:26:23 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 08:48:41 PM by RowanX

Today's build is working great so far Sandor. Initially it hung immediately and the previous build wouldn't then work either as if the gridseeds had frozen up. I power cycled the gridseeds and the new build worked first time. So, probably just me. Not an issue.

FWIW, after 40mins (ghash.io multi pool, 16 diff):
GSD 0: | 870 MHz | 349.7/368.2 KH/s | A: 872 R: 20 H: 2
GSD 1: | 850 MHz | 323.4/360.0 KH/s | A: 809 R: 16 H: 0

(2.14% rejects)

2nd build of today, after 2 ~9 hours (ghash.io multi pool, 16-32 diff):
GSD 0: | 870 MHz | 367.0/368.1 KH/s | A: 8485 R: 59 H: 25
GSD 1: | 850 MHz | 350.3/359.9 KH/s | A: 8151 R: 40 H: 18

(0.60% rejects ..some caused by me switching wifi connections!)
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:14:28 PM

Sandor, and friends Wink
Good morning!

I'm sad to report that my miners lost connection again this morning sometime during the night. I don't know when and I wasn't running a log as I thought the problem was licked. Not sure that it is

Weird thing is it is still running / displaying stats as if it was still logged into the server and mining but I can't check because doge.wannamine.com is down and I don't know how long that's been the case. Stats are updating as if it's still mining! Weird! If it lost connection I would think all stats would go to 000....What's up with that? Is it just simulating? Stuck in a loop?

Can anyone access www.doge.wannamine.com ? I can't.
Can anyone access www.dogevault.com ?

Are your wallets updating? Mine aren't. My wallet won't even connect!

What's going on here?

Very frustrating!

HELP!

Thanks

plzt

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:15:19 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 05:36:52 PM by plzt

Weird thing is it is still running / displaying stats as if it was still logged into the server and mining but I can't check because doge.wannamine.com is down and I don't know how long that's been the case. Stats are updating as if it's still mining! Weird! If it lost connection I would think all stats would go to 000....What's up with that? Is it just simulating? Stuck in a loop?
Thanks

I've the same problem her, at some point the work just stops
I'm mining on multipool as my main pool and it's definitely up, but after a while it seems to stop getting work. Although the miner is still reporting as if work is happening the pool is reporting a hashrate of 0

I've turned on to clevermining for a bit as it's easier to determine when the work cuts out on that pool due to the nature of the stats - started again about 3 minutes ago now and will look to report when/if it cuts out!

EDIT: Using v 1.0b
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:31:17 PM

I had a similar problem as reported in the last two posts, if I'm not mistaken it was using the 0.9f version. The debug log said that work wasn't being done because the pool had a small difficulty (or something similar) and actually showed the difficulty number (something like 0.00000000538743274).

Problem solved after rebooting, never happened again and I don't have this log anymore, hope this small info is useful.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:58:06 PM

Thanks

I've the same problem her, at some point the work just stops
I'm mining on multipool as my main pool and it's definitely up, but after a while it seems to stop getting work. Although the miner is still reporting as if work is happening the pool is reporting a hashrate of 0

I've turned on to clevermining for a bit as it's easier to determine when the work cuts out on that pool due to the nature of the stats - started again about 3 minutes ago now and will look to report when/if it cuts out!

Sandor111, please help!

nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:14:36 PM

I've been running the latest build as of this morning since an hour after it was posted, and it's been running strong ever since.  Haven't had any problems at all with it. 
I'm running 6 gridseeds attached to a powered USB hub on a machine (4.5Ghz i7, 24GB RAM, 5-disk raid + SSD) running Win8.1.

Maybe it's something to do with your setups?  Or a resource issue running a higher number of gridseeds and or blades?
RowanX

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:06:46 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 06:10:58 PM by RowanX

Wolfey you are pleading for help but you said you're "too busy" to make debug logs? Seriously?

Edit: lol just got a swearing PM from you know who.
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:15:01 PM

No, after few hours stop mining and says "press any key to continue"
plzt

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:38:39 PM

I've been running the latest build as of this morning since an hour after it was posted, and it's been running strong ever since.  Haven't had any problems at all with it. 
I'm running 6 gridseeds attached to a powered USB hub on a machine (4.5Ghz i7, 24GB RAM, 5-disk raid + SSD) running Win8.1.

Maybe it's something to do with your setups?  Or a resource issue running a higher number of gridseeds and or blades?

My setup is relatively test for now - single blade on main PC
Rebooted last night

I ran it for around 4 days before any cut out issues with 0.9f I believe, and similar with a version before they were numbered

Currently still going fine but it's only been a few hours
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:09:33 PM

Yeah, that sounds reasonable.
Other than idiots taking up off topic issue with me like the butt-head below, I think it's sorting out itself just fine as I am now on another pool mining away. Hopefully Sandor's latest build is the shit! Wink

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:15:36 PM

My setup is relatively test for now - single blade on main PC
Rebooted last night

I ran it for around 4 days before any cut out issues with 0.9f I believe, and similar with a version before they were numbered

Currently still going fine but it's only been a few hours

Sandor has released ver 1.0b as of late. Maybe even later but 1.0b seems to be the most stable yet, even though mine crapped out after about 4 hours, I think it was the pool and the poor DOGE-GIES messing things up. Mining at clevermining right now., Only been for an hour though but so far so good...
Good luck!

Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: