Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:48:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308661 times)
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:14:57 PM

I'm using cpuminer v1.0a under Ubuntu 12.10. I've got the minerd application set to load via rc.local as part of a Minera installation.

I've got a problem after a reboot where minerd goes into a weird state where it doesn't hash anything. When I grab the stats with a python script I wrote, I see the following weirdness:

Code:
{
    "start_time": 1399756136,
    "err": 0,
    "devices": {
        "ttyACM1": {
            "serial": "6D89577A4857",
            "chips": []
        },
        "ttyACM0": {
            "serial": "6D8A21A34857",
        },
        "ttyACM2": {
            "serial": "6D8E40854857",
        }
    }
}

If I manually stop and start minerd, it starts working. But that kind of the defeats the purpose of the auto restart feature.

Any ideas what might cause this? Maybe minerd is being launched too early, where certain system resources are not yet available?

I posted this in the Minera thread, but it seems like this is an issue with cpuminer being started under rc.local.

It's probably being started to early, when the filesystem and networking aren't fully initialized yet. One solution would be to add a sleep 30.

alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:38:28 PM

That's not windows ready though right? I'd have to compile it myself from the binary which I'm not so keen on doing if it's been done already. The reason I need this is because I'm getting the 10 minute no-hash thing going where it just keeps getting new work_id but not submitting. I have the reset going but that takes awhile to ramp up to full speed and it happens way to often.
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:40:04 PM

The first is the effective hashrate (pool hashrate), the second is the current hashrate. The first will tend to get closer to the second over time.

Ahh I was wondering about that myself. Thanks!
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:46:05 PM

It's probably being started to early, when the filesystem and networking aren't fully initialized yet. One solution would be to add a sleep 30.

Thanks for getting back to me. I guess I can change rc.local to call a script that either implements a delay or calls something that waits for resources to be available.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:51:32 PM

is there a special way to kill the fan? can i just cut the wire?
wax7

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:24:04 PM

Newer Use the Blade without working Fan!
But the noise goes safe down then inserting 1 or 2 Diode's. Dont do it if you doent know wath i mean!

Send BTC to: 12uXHA5YQKdEjoR6X9Qjv4zud5kWRHqtqK  ^_^'
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 03:34:22 PM

I'm using cpuminer v1.0a under Ubuntu 12.10. I've got the minerd application set to load via rc.local as part of a Minera installation.

I've got a problem after a reboot where minerd goes into a weird state where it doesn't hash anything. When I grab the stats with a python script I wrote, I see the following weirdness:

Code:
{
    "start_time": 1399756136,
    "err": 0,
    "devices": {
        "ttyACM1": {
            "serial": "6D89577A4857",
        },
        "ttyACM0": {
            "serial": "6D8A21A34857",
        },
        "ttyACM2": {
            "serial": "6D8E40854857",
        }
    }
}

If I manually stop and start minerd, it starts working. But that kind of the defeats the purpose of the auto restart feature.

Any ideas what might cause this? Maybe minerd is being launched too early, where certain system resources are not yet available?

I posted this in the Minera thread, but it seems like this is an issue with cpuminer being started under rc.local.

Yes it's sure that, wait until I release the new start/stop agent on Minera so we can say goodbye to rc.local Wink

In the meantime, you can add a sleep line as suggested (I think 10 is sufficient but best if you try).

Remember that Minera overwrites rc.local every time you save the settings, so you should save your optimal settings, change the rc.local adding a sleep then don't touch the settings anymore or remember to re-add the sleep.

Only few days until I release the new start/stop agent.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
ryen123

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:34:38 PM

That's not windows ready though right? I'd have to compile it myself from the binary which I'm not so keen on doing if it's been done already. The reason I need this is because I'm getting the 10 minute no-hash thing going where it just keeps getting new work_id but not submitting. I have the reset going but that takes awhile to ramp up to full speed and it happens way to often.

Scroll to bottom of page, under binaries.

alienesb

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:44:38 PM

Scroll to bottom of page, under binaries.

Thanks.
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:52:19 PM

Newer Use the Blade without working Fan!
But the noise goes safe down then inserting 1 or 2 Diode's. Dont do it if you doent know wath i mean!

I mean on the little 5 chips. Blades are not as noise.
alienesb

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:25:35 PM

OK, latest version working now but I still get stuck with the new job_id and work_id stalls stacking up and then the miner is eventually reset (I have it set at 120.) What's going on?
dk32167

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:42:32 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 07:03:22 PM by dk32167

Hi all,

I have 10 x 5-chip Gridseed DualMiner and wiibox controller.

If I use cgminer on ubuntu miners are working fine, but due to some problems I can't use my PC anymore and need to setup the controller.

I follow the instuction - connect controller to usb-hub, power up hub and miners, connect ethernet and power up the controller. then I go to wiibox.net and try to set up my controller. the status of controller is "conn broken" I can't see any miners connected, etc.:
http://i57.tinypic.com/35b5d2a.png

does anyone have the same problem?

thank you
Kokok

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:03:57 PM

is there a special way to kill the fan? can i just cut the wire?

I have cut the wire at the board, for all 9 of my GRIDSEEDs without any issues. I still have a small fan blowing on all of them and my Raspberry PI, to keep things chilly.
sandor111

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:37:21 PM

I upgraded to 1.0b for CPUMiner and am experiencing a weird issue, not sure if anyone else is seeing this.

When running, I'll experience the occasional New job > Chips reset > Chips get new work and everything continues to process like awesomeness.  Everything is running very stable and all blades are averaging over 2.8MH per side, so I'm a happy camper.  But this morning I noticed a slight down-tick from my pool average so I went to investigate.

Long story short, every time one of these work resets happens I get a kworker.  They're matched to the usb locations of blade halves, so eventually I'll have kworker/0:2, kworker/0:0, etc., littering my processes.  And bogging down my RPi.  While doing this research and at some point after it hit eight kworkers (for the 4 blades on this pi) the cpuminer instance stopped reporting work, verified poolside.  So I killed my processes and went about restarting my mining loop and CPUminer just hung with no output.  Looked and sure enough all eight kworker instances were there, however I cannot 'kill' them whatsoever, even prevented a reboot from the command line.  Cold-rebooting my system cleared everything as expected, but now I'm running again and noticing the kworkers.  

I started the process when I began writing this post, right now I've got three kworkers going.  Will update if this keeps up, but may downgrade back to .9e (last place my blades lived happily without hassle).  Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: Since I'm now monitoring for this, just noticed I went from kworker/0:2, 0:0, 0:1 to just kworker/0:2,0:0 over the course of a few minutes.  So I'm not sure if these are processing that aren't terminating correctly or if there *should* be a kworker(s) sitting there threading out the work.

OK, latest version working now but I still get stuck with the new job_id and work_id stalls stacking up and then the miner is eventually reset (I have it set at 120.) What's going on?

It would be worth checking the latest commit, it will set a global frequency if there is no specific chip frequency set. Try to run your Blades on one frequency. The Blades might not like if the frequency isn't set uniformly.

reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:39:40 PM

I upgraded to 1.0b for CPUMiner and am experiencing a weird issue, not sure if anyone else is seeing this.

When running, I'll experience the occasional New job > Chips reset > Chips get new work and everything continues to process like awesomeness.  Everything is running very stable and all blades are averaging over 2.8MH per side, so I'm a happy camper.  But this morning I noticed a slight down-tick from my pool average so I went to investigate.

Long story short, every time one of these work resets happens I get a kworker.  They're matched to the usb locations of blade halves, so eventually I'll have kworker/0:2, kworker/0:0, etc., littering my processes.  And bogging down my RPi.  While doing this research and at some point after it hit eight kworkers (for the 4 blades on this pi) the cpuminer instance stopped reporting work, verified poolside.  So I killed my processes and went about restarting my mining loop and CPUminer just hung with no output.  Looked and sure enough all eight kworker instances were there, however I cannot 'kill' them whatsoever, even prevented a reboot from the command line.  Cold-rebooting my system cleared everything as expected, but now I'm running again and noticing the kworkers.  

I started the process when I began writing this post, right now I've got three kworkers going.  Will update if this keeps up, but may downgrade back to .9e (last place my blades lived happily without hassle).  Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: Since I'm now monitoring for this, just noticed I went from kworker/0:2, 0:0, 0:1 to just kworker/0:2,0:0 over the course of a few minutes.  So I'm not sure if these are processing that aren't terminating correctly or if there *should* be a kworker(s) sitting there threading out the work.

It would be worth checking the latest commit, it will set a global frequency if there is no specific chip frequency set. Try to run your Blades on one frequency. The Blades might not like if the frequency isn't set uniformly.

Out of curiosity, I'm running 1.0b for blades @ 838 and 5chips running on another instance (one of the .9s, g maybe?), would this have any impact?
sandor111

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:44:05 PM

Out of curiosity, I'm running 1.0b for blades @ 838 and 5chips running on another instance (one of the .9s, g maybe?), would this have any impact?

It's fine.

dk32167

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 10:26:36 AM

Hi all,

If I use cgminer on ubuntu miners are working fine, but due to some problems I can't use my PC anymore and need to setup the controller.

I follow the instuction - connect controller to usb-hub, power up hub and miners, connect ethernet and power up the controller. then I go to wiibox.net and try to set up my controller. the status of controller is "conn broken" I can't see any miners connected, etc.:
http://i57.tinypic.com/35b5d2a.png

thank you
any answers?
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:05:59 PM

Hi all,

thank you
any answers?
It seems its not connected to internet or local network.
Local IP : not acquire meaning no connection.
Check ethernet cable & connect it to router.
dk32167

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:02:41 PM

It seems its not connected to internet or local network.
Local IP : not acquire meaning no connection.
Check ethernet cable & connect it to router.
it is, I found the device and bound it to my account in the moment before this screenshot.
Moreover, I can login to the control panel via web 192.168.1.X
cmilian

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:04:00 PM

Guys I am running 6 Gridseeds, 5 of the Volt OC, however, the strangest this is happening, they all run fine, but periodically they ALL have a chain of nonce errors at the same time. Then they go back to normal and so on. Both OC and non Volt OC get the errors at the same time.

Any ideas on where to start looking?
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: