Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:09:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308645 times)
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:55:01 PM

Just thought I'd post here since I'm looking for a solution to reduce the fan speed on my Gridseed mini to the lowest speed it'll go down to as the noise is very problematic for me but since I use this in Scrypt mode,heat isn't an issue for me.

How can I silence the fan without disabling it (as this will make it harder for me to sell off later) as I don't want to worry about anything?

Is there a straightforward mod I can do just for the fan? I'm not looking to volt mod this since my hands are not steady and could risk damaging the miner.Maybe a idea of what resistor to use depending on how low I want the fan speed to be?Thanks. Smiley

Yah, search this thread for 'fan volt mod' and you will find the answer you seek...

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:10:17 AM

Is it safe to push a stock, non-voltmodded unit to 950/1000Mhz? I've tried solo mining on a small coin with one of my unmodded units, and it went to 950 with no problems, and even put it on 1000 for a few moments and it hashed fine, no HW errors
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:41:07 PM

Was thinking I might actually be able to afford one of these gridseed's now that the prices are so freaking low.  Looks like i've found the right thread to get it up and running nice and quick like Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:10:32 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 04:22:02 AM by almond

I've been trying out the CoinKing.io pool with Sandor's cpuminer and Minera with a 3 unit GridSeed 5 chip rig. I'm seeing huge reject rates (24%), and log entries like this:

[2014-06-15 09:16:08] DEBUG: reject reason: Worker is temporarily banned

I don't know if this is a pool problem or a cpuminer problem, so I've posted in the CoinKing.io thread as well as here.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Try setting your worker to a difficulty of 128 or so. Coinking sometimes starts you out at 16, but won't accept shares at that difficulty, so you end up submitting a huge number of shares that aren't accepted, and get banned for a few minutes.

Thanks. I gave that a try and it seemed to work better. But after about 45 minutes I started to see a whole slew of rejects again. After checking the log I found errors like this:

Code:
[2014-06-19 07:19:42] Rejected 0045ed0c GSD 2@0
[2014-06-19 07:19:42] DEBUG: reject reason: error 26 from memcached_get on localhost:11211: Operation now in progress

I think that this is a completely different problem. I'm somewhat familiar with memcached because we use it for server deployments at our work (although we kind of hate it and plan to move to CouchDB).

This new error seems like a server side issue. I'll bring it up with the pool operators support.

Yeah, I agree. Unless Minera is running memcached for some reason (I can't imagine why it would), then it's definitely a poolside issue.

My little 15 gridseed garden is running 1.0e on ubuntu 14 and gets exactly the same response from coinking.  I found one of the ops in irc and he said they were aware of the issue, that it indeed had something to do with the way their servers set up the difficulty for each worker.  He also said they anticipated fixing it any day now......
....I tried it again yesterday and my worker was banned again after about an hour so they haven't fixed it yet.

the best pool I've found so far for gridseeds is litecoinpool.org.  my system hums along like a gettrag transmission at 7.2 mh/s....

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
darkfriend77 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:19:10 AM

UPDATE: Added G-Black as it is working like a blade software wise (tested cgminer & cpuminer) ... how about the tuning of it?

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:24:39 PM

UPDATE: Added G-Black as it is working like a blade software wise (tested cgminer & cpuminer) ... how about the tuning of it?

Anyone reselling these from States or Canada?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:00:45 PM

I +1 this.
Where can they be purchased and what price?

Anyone reselling these from States or Canada?

darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 10:15:45 PM

... can be bought ... from me for europe and especially for switzerland :-) send me a PM for info ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=648622.0

pws328

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:09:59 PM

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me with this. So I just bought an 80chip Gridseed blade, but only one of the two blades is being recognized by my computer. When I plug in the USB cable from on of the two blades (call it blade 1) to my computer, nothing happens. No light on the board, no recognition by the computer.

However the other blade (blade 2) whenever its USB cable is plugged in will light up and is recognized by the computer and appears under the device manager (i'm running it on windows for now). The Zadig driver picks it up, cgminer recognizes it, and it's hashing away as we speak @ 2.7MH/s.

Blade 1 will show a different light when its power connector is plugged in, but still no USB light or communication with the computer.

I've tried different USB cables, power supplies, and still nothing will recognize blade 1, but everything works with blade 2.

Is the board DOA? I've contacted the seller, but their only response has been that they are on vacation and will deal with it when they get back  Undecided

If I am stuck with this board, is there any way of determining what's wrong with the USB controller? Has anyone experienced anything like this with either the blades or the 5chip miners?

Thanks in advance!
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:25:08 PM

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me with this. So I just bought an 80chip Gridseed blade, but only one of the two blades is being recognized by my computer. When I plug in the USB cable from on of the two blades (call it blade 1) to my computer, nothing happens. No light on the board, no recognition by the computer.

However the other blade (blade 2) whenever its USB cable is plugged in will light up and is recognized by the computer and appears under the device manager (i'm running it on windows for now). The Zadig driver picks it up, cgminer recognizes it, and it's hashing away as we speak @ 2.7MH/s.

Blade 1 will show a different light when its power connector is plugged in, but still no USB light or communication with the computer.

I've tried different USB cables, power supplies, and still nothing will recognize blade 1, but everything works with blade 2.

Is the board DOA? I've contacted the seller, but their only response has been that they are on vacation and will deal with it when they get back  Undecided

If I am stuck with this board, is there any way of determining what's wrong with the USB controller? Has anyone experienced anything like this with either the blades or the 5chip miners?

Thanks in advance!

I don't own a Blade but I suspect that the tiny reset button on the pcb next to or around the vicinity of the USB UART chip might be helpful in your situation. IF it WILL reset at all. That's your only chance before deciding it's DOA....
I have never tried it on any of my 5 chip pods but I understand that is that it is for. At any rate, you have nothing to lose trying it at this point. Make sure it's receiving 5V on the USB port and is also receiving 12 Volts as well before you try resetting it.
Just a guess.
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Thanks in advance!

I don't own a Blade but I suspect that the tiny reset button on the pcb next to or around the vicinity of the USB UART chip might be helpful in your situation. IF it WILL reset at all. That's your only chance before deciding it's DOA....
I have never tried it on any of my 5 chip pods but I understand that is that it is for. At any rate, you have nothing to lose trying it at this point. Make sure it's receiving 5V on the USB port and is also receiving 12 Volts as well before you try resetting it.
Just a guess.
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

Oh and try here too > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576784.new;topicseen#new
There are a few very experienced 80 chip seed users on this thread that can probably help you better than I can. Tell em Wolfey sent ya! Wink

pws328

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:06:58 PM

Just a guess.
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

Thanks so much Wolfey! I didn't see that button there before, but I'll definitely give it a shot. Like you sad what's the worst that could happen if it's already not working?

Also thanks for the link over to the overclocking thread. Looks like an interesting project once I get this issue settled. I'm posting this question over there also to see if anyone has experience with this issue. Thanks again!
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:29:05 AM

Yeah, I agree. Unless Minera is running memcached for some reason (I can't imagine why it would), then it's definitely a poolside issue.

Minera doesn't use memcached and that message comes from cpuminer so as you said it's probably a poolside/miner issue.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:54:40 AM

Minera doesn't use memcached and that message comes from cpuminer so as you said it's probably a poolside/miner issue.

is there a way to auto tune blades ? too ... I mean have them clock upwards on low HW and so?

I'm sick of doing it by hands ^^

darkfriend77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 08:29:49 AM

UPDATED:

CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:29:42 PM

Have been using CPUMiner with Gridseed GC3355 Support by siklon for a while. It works great.

Thanks for posting the dmaxl version! I didn't know there was a version of cgminer that supports dual mining!

Pachech

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

Please, write how to start dual mining from cgminer dmaxl. file.bat.
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:45:34 PM

I don't think you will be happy doing dual (BTC/LTC) mining...NOT WORTH...IMHO... Grin

ZiG
Pachech

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:20:54 PM

I don't think you will be happy doing dual (BTC/LTC) mining...NOT WORTH...IMHO... Grin

ZiG

Now higher profit BTC/LTC
P.S. without electricity
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:27:46 PM

ZiG

Now higher profit BTC/LTC
P.S. without electricity

Yeah...right... Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: