Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:06:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please remove, thread moved to self moderated  (Read 57446 times)
Cannacoin (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:23:11 AM

We've run into some issues creating a release build of our mac client . It seems I'm able to get the client running fine in my own environment however when I include the dependencies (/Frameworks) and relink I get a dyld error for libboost_thread-mt. I'm not sure why as this is an exact copy of the same library from my machine that was working just before I copied them to the .app.  For tonight I'm calling it quits and will attempt again tomorrow.

I have a feeling it has to do with the arch type for the boost_thread library but like I said, I'm spent for the evening. On the next attempt I will try building the client using OS X 10.6 as I believe I may have an issue with clang/xcode or some other sort of compatibility issues I'm not seeing. I've tried so many outlets to get this client running on mac os x that I think it's best to start from a fresh OS install and build the client. I will check back tomorrow but for now I've left a copy of the error below if anyone has a solution.

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _upnpDiscover
  Referenced from: /Users/USER/Desktop/*/CannaCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/CannaCoin-Qt
  Expected in: /Users/USER/Desktop/*/CannaCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libboost_thread-mt.dylib

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 12:11:59 AM

Major announcements today! In just a few hours (7pm PST) we are scheduled to release a launch date for Cannacoin! Stay tuned...

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
rocketcoins

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:10:16 AM

Major announcements today! In just a few hours (7pm PST) we are scheduled to release a launch date for Cannacoin! Stay tuned...

so not released today but the launch date/time to be announced in 2hrs approx?
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:16:57 AM

"To be determined...
please contact team@cannacoin.cc if you're interested in adding Canncoin to your exchange!"

How about a strategic plan on contacting the exchanges?
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:24:16 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 08:53:15 AM by Cannacoin

CANNACOIN ANNOUNCEMENT: LAUNCH DATE!

The countdown begins! On march 28th, 2014 we are set to launch Cannacoin!
Help change the world & join the Cannacoin revolution!

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:28:28 AM

"To be determined...
please contact team@cannacoin.cc if you're interested in adding Canncoin to your exchange!"

How about a strategic plan on contacting the exchanges?

That should be updated, we are actually actively reaching out to exchanges now that we have time on our hands.  I'm also working with a handful volunteers locally to get them set up to help market the coin over the next coming weeks prior to launch (twitter, facebook, forums etc.)

At the moment I'm also working with local investors to help secure the network at launch.  To date we have collected over $2,000 and I'm receiving more e-mails daily from outside support.  Things seem to be on track and going smoothly. 

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:25:26 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 09:02:32 AM by Cannacoin

I was working on this coin and have the github files up way before you guys. Email me. Cannafirm@gmail.com

Also run a 501 c 3 non profit for cannabis called cannafirm.

Was working with a team to launch on 420 but once pot coin came out we dropped the cannacoin project on got hub which you can see was prior to your dev team.  PM me if you want to get to work!

I appreciate your interest but we already finished the source+clients and as you can see have a launch scheduled ;-) We started this project when there was 0 active or known Cannacoin projects so if you would like join up feel free(we have a github as well). We aren't going to drop our efforts to join a failed/disbanded project when we've already completed 99% of the task and all thats left is launch.

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:46:28 PM

There is a lot more than to just launch.
While I have been working on the legal aspects of this name, I see that you have not. My project was never abandoned.

The point I'm illustrating is that we do have all the necessary tools in place for a launch (not just source+clients) and we are continuing forward with the set launch date.  The question I'm asking you short of your supposed github account. Where is your website, code, clients, explorers, paperwallets, mining pools, marketing etc... there seems to be no active engagement other then the "legal" issues you speak of.  Are you putting the project on hold due because of it, that doesn't seem very wise when there's so much more involved in creating a coin, am I right?

I hold a network very large within the industry. The project I have been working on had the lack of developers which I see you have. Add me on LinkedIn and I would like to join your team. Where are you located?  I am mostly in Boston area for now.

Can you please elaborate? What network are you speaking of and do you have anything I can look at? I noticed your LinkdIn referenced CannaFirm but you're website leads to a godaddy intro page. I will contact you through PM and we can discuss further...

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:04:13 AM

Who is your target customer specifically? I know you said the cannabis industry, but within that where would you prefer that miners will fall - into the category of customers, or businesses?

The reason I ask is that scrypt ASICs are almost upon us, and that's going to make any coin that's just standard scrypt totally unprofitable for GPU miners. Do you have any plans to implement any of the ASIC resistance techniques recently developed (a similar example is scrypt-adaptive-n), or to innovate any technology yourselves?
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 03:51:36 AM

Quick annoucement, we've added http://ccn.talesfromthescrypt.org/ to our list of pools! Much thanks to smith7800 and the folks from talesfromthescrypt!

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:04:52 AM

Who is your target customer specifically? I know you said the cannabis industry, but within that where would you prefer that miners will fall - into the category of customers, or businesses?

This coin is targeted to medical and recreational cannabis users, growers, processors, retail outlets, glass artists and really anyone who participates within the cannabis industry.  The mining incentive works just like any other coin with a reward... we are making an effort locally to continually educate others about computational mining and CCN in general. We also expect that outside miners will add to the equation simply for profitability reasons (BTC/CCN exchange).

There is also a local mining pool fund that has been created for those who don't have the capability or funds to buy and operate a dedicated machine themselves, currently that pool has raise 2500+ and has ~3mh/s and growing steadily.  Soon after launch I personally will begin to target POS and mining operations to cannabis collectives and retail outlets as a means to transact and to generate CCN to sell to customers themselves (its a win win for the ecosystem) 

The reason I ask is that scrypt ASICs are almost upon us, and that's going to make any coin that's just standard scrypt totally unprofitable for GPU miners. Do you have any plans to implement any of the ASIC resistance techniques recently developed (a similar example is scrypt-adaptive-n), or to innovate any technology yourselves?

I do agree that ScryptASIC are a potential threat to scrypt based coins however it is not an exact threat JUST yet.  The need to move to an ASIC resistant algo like Scrypt Adaptive-N is a soluation and this is the direction we are considering as a potential backup.  Until ASICs for Scrypt hit the market and start to become the trend we have chosen to stick with the most widely used alternative to SHA256 which is Scrypt(for the time being). It's obvious that the majority of the mining community is using GPU's/Scrypt in combination with mining setups that consist of BAMT, CGMiner, GUIMiner etc. Until the need for an adaptive algorithm has presented itself, we have chosen to stick with the masses of the community and migrate with them when the time comes. (Think LTC)

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:55:43 PM

This coin is targeted to medical and recreational cannabis users, growers, processors, retail outlets, glass artists and really anyone who participates within the cannabis industry.  The mining incentive works just like any other coin with a reward... we are making an effort locally to continually educate others about computational mining and CCN in general. We also expect that outside miners will add to the equation simply for profitability reasons (BTC/CCN exchange).

There is also a local mining pool fund that has been created for those who don't have the capability or funds to buy and operate a dedicated machine themselves, currently that pool has raise 2500+ and has ~3mh/s and growing steadily.  Soon after launch I personally will begin to target POS and mining operations to cannabis collectives and retail outlets as a means to transact and to generate CCN to sell to customers themselves (its a win win for the ecosystem) 

I do agree that ScryptASIC are a potential threat to scrypt based coins however it is not an exact threat JUST yet.  The need to move to an ASIC resistant algo like Scrypt Adaptive-N is a soluation and this is the direction we are considering as a potential backup.  Until ASICs for Scrypt hit the market and start to become the trend we have chosen to stick with the most widely used alternative to SHA256 which is Scrypt(for the time being). It's obvious that the majority of the mining community is using GPU's/Scrypt in combination with mining setups that consist of BAMT, CGMiner, GUIMiner etc. Until the need for an adaptive algorithm has presented itself, we have chosen to stick with the masses of the community and migrate with them when the time comes. (Think LTC)

Ok, I see how you're thinking. IMHO I think you're underestimating the adoption scale. There's probably hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of ASIC mining equipment on pre-order, and it'll start to be delivered in barely a couple of months. I doubt you'll have the kind of grace-time that LTC had, simply because the market and technology has sped up quite so much. Just my opinion though!

So, this local mining pool running... Is that an effective premine, as the coin has not been released yet?
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

So, this local mining pool running... Is that an effective premine, as the coin has not been released yet?

The local pool is not running prior to launch, it will start alongside everyone else on the 28th.

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
vitarian

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:27:32 PM

LOL, I thought that Bob Marley quote was going to say:

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires,
but in ... how much cannabis he grows"

Grin Grin Grin Grin
zzojar

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:32:43 PM

Isn't KGW to dissuade multipools from raping your coin? But multipools won't be mining this at the launch, so can't KGW be put off for a few days? Otherwise, we'll see difficulties of 10-100 just a few minutes after launch ... very frustrating for small-time miners, and means it'll be impossible to mine with a wallet.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:49:13 PM

Isn't KGW to dissuade multipools from raping your coin? But multipools won't be mining this at the launch, so can't KGW be put off for a few days? Otherwise, we'll see difficulties of 10-100 just a few minutes after launch ... very frustrating for small-time miners, and means it'll be impossible to mine with a wallet.

We have contemplated removing the block reward for the first ~160 blocks to allow for peers connections/setup and difficulty adjustments to kick in however, we have not made a final call on this.  If there is anyone that has any other suggestions we are open to ideas however at this time we are proceeding as is.

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:49:31 AM

The Time Is Near ! Grin
kronicblazer

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:09:34 AM

Is this being made by the company Kinetics on cryptostocks? https://cryptostocks.com/securities/85 , http://coincanna.com/services.html

cannacoin, cannatokens, coincanna... are they all the same? or...
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:55:22 AM

Is this being made by the company Kinetics on cryptostocks? https://cryptostocks.com/securities/85 , http://coincanna.com/services.html

cannacoin, cannatokens, coincanna... are they all the same? or...

Cannacoin is unrelated however I could see a good potential for them to use Cannacoin  ;-)

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:50:59 PM

So where are the wallets?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: