Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:24:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason why bitcoin will never *stay* below 5000$ again. PROVE ME WRONG  (Read 2414 times)
Blue9999

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 01:42:59 AM

Okay!

Listen:

If bitcoin stays under 5000$ by the end of 2018, I will eat a fried dead mouse and I will post the pictures on this thread.

Quoted this just in case.

Btw we are all waiting so let us know how it taste  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
quartzz

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:15:49 AM

Okay!

Listen:

If bitcoin stays under 5000$ by the end of 2018, I will eat a fried dead mouse and I will post the pictures on this thread.

Ahahah wtf Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You took less risks than McAfee but still I'm looking forward to check that out!
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/959399180111417344

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:26:22 PM
Merited by bones261 (1), jonemil24 (1)

Price is determined by the balance of supply and demand, not the cost of production, which the recent price crash has shown again.

People here often seem to refuse to believe that miners are followers, not leaders. They react to what the market forces on them, not vice versa. And that's how it was designed and that's how it should be. No one other than miners needs to care about the cost of production.

Anyway, this thread is yet another that has not aged well but let's hope a mouse doesn't have to die.

ju34400

Activity: 1274
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 10:54:40 AM

Okay!

Listen:

with a good BBQ sauce it's tasty
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:28:36 PM

Photos ?  Shocked

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 08:10:31 AM

Price is determined by the balance of supply and demand, not the cost of production, which the recent price crash has shown again.

People here often seem to refuse to believe that miners are followers, not leaders. They react to what the market forces on them, not vice versa. And that's how it was designed and that's how it should be. No one other than miners needs to care about the cost of production.

Anyway, this thread is yet another that has not aged well but let's hope a mouse doesn't have to die.

this is a good point but not quite correct.
miners are neither "followers" nor "leaders", when you say they are "followers" you are exaggerating their involvement just as others are thinking of them as "leaders".
the fact is, miners are a part of this system like anybody else but they have more at stake compare to simple investors who only have bitcoin. because a miner both has bitcoin and has equipment. while a simple investor can sell and get out in a short time (as fast as he can transfer his coins to exchange and sell) the miner can't just get out if they want to because they have to shut down their miners and sell those to get out and you can't get back in as easy either because again it would require buying ASICs.

Only Bitcoin
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 01:46:11 PM

The price has fallen sideways, and the same is not because of the manipulation. It is just a price fluctuation as it happens before, and this time the price was predicted to go $3200 or to ₹4200. Market went $4200 and the same assures the growth will happen reaching $6000 crossing the $5000.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 02:19:04 PM

this is a good point but not quite correct.
miners are neither "followers" nor "leaders", when you say they are "followers" you are exaggerating their involvement just as others are thinking of them as "leaders".
the fact is, miners are a part of this system like anybody else but they have more at stake compare to simple investors who only have bitcoin. because a miner both has bitcoin and has equipment. while a simple investor can sell and get out in a short time (as fast as he can transfer his coins to exchange and sell) the miner can't just get out if they want to because they have to shut down their miners and sell those to get out and you can't get back in as easy either because again it would require buying ASICs

Well, your point is not quite correct either

As you seem to forget that miners are mining for a profit, while the cost of mining rigs is fixed. It means that just like with traders they have a breakeven point, and the longer they mine the closer they get to it (provided they are mining for a profit, of course). So in due course their profits start to exceed both the operating costs (i.e. electricity costs) and the cost of invested capital (i.e. the costs of equipment). From then on the cost of equipment becomes irrelevant apart from what they could sell their mining rigs for, naturally (but this works in their favor typically)

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 04:29:12 PM

The current crypto market is persuasive even with a specific level of capital in light of the fact that there is no mindfulness in regards to the conduct of the market. This outcomes in the production of frenzy waves which are advantageous for the huge whales and institutional speculators. We ought to likewise consider the factor of the development of Bitcoin as far as utility instrument in the coming years.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 04:51:41 PM

Current Market cap is 120b $ (actually real market cap much lower than that due to lost btc and so on); that could be 1000 people with 120m$ hidden. Anyone who has approximately that amount of btc would be very able to buy the market would it temporarily drop significantly below 5000$ per btc, due to the very limited (and shrinking) actual supply of bitcoin and availability in the exchanges.

I think what we witnessed in last december will happen again and at a greater extent. Don't ask me when, but that's a given.

Bitcoin has been chosen.
Why? Possibly positioning.

Price won't give a fuck on whether it can be used everyday to buy stuff. Its purpose it for wealthy billionaires to keep part of their wealth inaccessible through offline wallets.
Whether tx take 1 hours to go and cost 10 bucks each.
Whether the nodes get a little bit more or a little bit less centralized.

All that matters is the one reason I stated above.
Everything else is just smoke for sardines.
This thread open long time ago and it is still relevant to the discussion in cryptocurrencies cycle today.  Bitcoin will do well in future but the current market is making people to lose hope on the market.  Bitcoin is currently below $4000 and many of us believe that it is currently undervalued.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: