Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:06:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THOR] THORCOIN | ASIC RESISTANT | PoS | Join the THOR Community!  (Read 75950 times)
mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 11:07:51 AM

We did talk about cryptopool and you claimed it wasnt because of ddos it went down (when you do not have any evidence or knowledge why it went down), I dont need to "admit" anything just as much as you will never admit you could be wrong.

If you believe I write to flame you because of the fun of it, then think again.

Anyhow, you can keep believe that you are right, its fine, I will drop it from now on and will not reply to you anymore.

Oh and btw, yes I know the admins so I do know why it happened.

I do not recall talking about cryptopool. I remember you posting that it's funny that my pool is up while all others are down (getting attacked as you mentioned).
You also talked specifically about Zeus (which was your fact that it was a DDoS problem and they were under attack) while at the same time I was making contact with zeus pool admin to help them rectify the problem with the hashing algorithm. The admin of zeus pool himself verified what I stated but still, you were not convinced.
Now, you claim that you know the admins of cryptopool and that you know exactly what the problem was. Well, for the last part, I tend to believe what you're saying, because I also saw to cryptopool's banner that they were under attack. Maybe that's what they thought it was happening, I don't know. We're talking about pools that have default settings left in their pool, what can I say...

And to save you the search, I gathered the posts that I'm referring to:

thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net is painfully slow
thor.cryptopool.eu  now is running but it was down few minutes ago
thor.cipherpool.com didn't find any block so far
thor.zeuspool.com is down
thorcoin.coinspool.net is down

just look at difficulty
it was 90 1 hour ago
now is 52
next is 46
You are right only for the web browsing @ thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net. Stratum works perfect and pool calculates shares and distributes coins normally (which is what really is about, isn't it? )

The browsing issue is not exactly an issue but more of because of the redirection of all resources to the pool itself.
If I'm not mistaken, thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net is the only pool that hasn't brought down to it's knees because of the mining load. We did whatever possible to stay online and continue to provide stratum and pool calculations for everyone to use.

I'm just saying this because the way it is presented gives bad reputation to the pool and it's a shame because I strongly believe that the people behind that pool deserves credits for their hard work keeping the pool up, when all other pools went down again and again and again...

The funny thing here is that more than 2-3 pools getting DDoS at the same time while mindfoxs pool is still up, if you read some posts above you would had seen it was because of DDoS and not because of many miners. Talking bad about other pools that they cant handle the load when they actually getting attacked and only 1 pool is up and it is urs.

You are right only for the web browsing @ thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net. Stratum works perfect and pool calculates shares and distributes coins normally (which is what really is about, isn't it? )

The browsing issue is not exactly an issue but more of because of the redirection of all resources to the pool itself.
If I'm not mistaken, thorcoin.pools.mindfox.net is the only pool that hasn't brought down to it's knees because of the mining load. We did whatever possible to stay online and continue to provide stratum and pool calculations for everyone to use.

I'm just saying this because the way it is presented gives bad reputation to the pool and it's a shame because I strongly believe that the people behind that pool deserves credits for their hard work keeping the pool up, when all other pools went down again and again and again...

there is no doubt your hard working deserves credit as i think your pool is the only one that doesn't charge any fee
but your pool was down at some point too
i say it because i've been observing all pools carefully for last 8 hours
and in my cgminer setting it was one of my failover server and it failed so many times
i believe the browsing issue is an real issue too, because i cant even check my status in there as i am not behind my rig all the times

yes his pool was down 1 or 2 times for a very short period other than that its working very well (besides the website thats very slow but thats not that important) so credit for that

the other pools seem to have alot more troubles so the difficulty and nethashrate was going up and down alot the last days...but every few hours its breaking new records it seems to steadily go up, it was over 100 difficulty already at one point, right now its rising again (from 68 now) since the other pools are coming up again it seems...

when there are more pools i guess the hashrate will get more stable and you wont see as many giant hiccups anymore, maybe some poolowners want to give this a try

DDoS protection doesnt automaticly mean that you are 100% protected and you know this already so why do you even mention that?

Yeah you sat up all night when the ddos was happening right? Its not the first time it happens either. Sorry but I do not believe 1 word you are saying here.

"You will understand that all the above is true, just by checking the hashing rate of your miner: Does it really have that amount of power with other coins/algorithms? "

What does my hashrate have to do with anything?

I have been trying to tell you that it was not DDoS, it was a huge amount of shares waiting to be inserted to the DB. At the point where stratum would seize all operations and try to write all buffered shared to the db. Maybe you prefer to believe whatever you want to believe which is fine with me. The difference is that I'm not accusing you of anything for doing so.
I referred to your hashrate hoping that you could understand what I'm talking about.

Believing what I say or not is your prerogative and I can't say what you can or can't do. Besides, one can't have friends everywhere, right? I will just take a note not to ask you to become a follower of me in twitter Wink

I know for a fact it was DDoS since it happened on more than 1 pool at the same time, who are you trying to fool here?

DDoS protection doesnt automaticly mean that you are 100% protected and you know this already so why do you even mention that?

Yeah you sat up all night when the ddos was happening right? Its not the first time it happens either. Sorry but I do not believe 1 word you are saying here.

"You will understand that all the above is true, just by checking the hashing rate of your miner: Does it really have that amount of power with other coins/algorithms? "

What does my hashrate have to do with anything?

I have been trying to tell you that it was not DDoS, it was a huge amount of shares waiting to be inserted to the DB. At the point where stratum would seize all operations and try to write all buffered shared to the db. Maybe you prefer to believe whatever you want to believe which is fine with me. The difference is that I'm not accusing you of anything for doing so.
I referred to your hashrate hoping that you could understand what I'm talking about.

Believing what I say or not is your prerogative and I can't say what you can or can't do. Besides, one can't have friends everywhere, right? I will just take a note not to ask you to become a follower of me in twitter Wink

I know for a fact it was DDoS since it happened on more than 1 pool at the same time, who are you trying to fool here?
So, let me get this straight. Your fact is that because all of the pools went down at the same time, it was a DDoS right?
Which is more likely:
a) Someone pays a vast amount of money, in order to create a huge attack against 3-4 sites under DDoS protection that are pools for a new, still without official value coin, or
b) All the other pools were running the same unaltered piece of software, while the one that kept running was running a modified one?

Again, just a thought...

Wow, I cant believe that you are trying to talk around it so much when it is obvious. I can tell you that they are not using the same software as well because Cryptopool was up while Zeus was attacked still.

It seems to have some value since the pool still gets attacks and mindfox does not  Wink

To put the DDoS debate to bed. Mindfox is right... The issue is with the micro shares being submitted during mining that is crashing the pools. Not the pools being DDoS'd. Its loading the servers and causing process pileups causing certain services to come to a screeching halt while database entries are sorted and submitted.

Thats why it is getting Ddosed now, please dont come and talk about stuff that you have 0 idea about.

And what makes you think I dont know what Im talking about? What pool is being DDoS'd right now?

Because it is clearly ddos its been over 4 g/hash for many hours before without problems and its been ddos everytime, and then you come here and claim it is not while having no idea why it went down.

Cryptopool got ddosed but is back up.

Ok let me put this more clearly. As the ADMIN on ZEUSPOOL... the share transaction submissions to the database have been the issue from the start. That's not to say that DDoS is not possible or that it hasn't happened to any of the pools. But that is the main issue with most of the pools. I know this first hand because I have been sorting it for over 24 hours now.

Xtara,

Mindfox has been right the entire time. The coin and pool operate much differently than other pools. He knows what he's talking about.  He has sorted out a huge problem that the normal pool setup doesn't address.

I just wanted to publicly thank Mindfox for the tremendous help and support he has given to THORcoin, the community and Zeuspool.
Aknoth

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:19:21 AM

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT BY

Want some THOR? Get them with us!

* Dedicated servers with SSD
* 10 Gbit/s network
* DDoS protection
* Mail support
* Backups of all wallets and pools
* Professional team working to keep everything running!
* The natural choice for mining!
* There is a mining fee of 1% and donations are appreciated!

can someone plz send me an invite ? thx
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 11:20:07 AM

Peeps, the cryptopool.eu has
9.1 GH out of 11 GH
on the network. i think this coin is in serious trouble if people dont spread out their hashpower..... Dont let this coin die!! I have already pointed my miners at another pool and highly suggest everyone else does so too ASAP

pryzh, I really wish people will listen more to you than me.

I've alerted us about this many hours ago but I didn't see any reaction from those that should have done something about it...

Maybe they don't consider it a major risk for the coin, as long as the fees keep coming to the wallet
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 11:23:30 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 12:00:15 PM by mindfox

Why pay for fees? Mindfox.Net is a 0% fee PROP pool.

Donations are welcome but not required.

Hammer this coin in a clever way. Mine at Mindfox.Net Thorcoin pool.

Mindfox.Net has been re-enforced with a new server which should provide faster browsing experience.
The quality of stratum and pool software is of course the same (if not enhanced, since the new server has more than just 2 cores and 2GBs of RAM Wink )

Pool Settings:
URL: http://thor.pools.mindfox.net
STRATUM:   stratum+tcp://stratum.thor.pools.mindfox.net
PORT:   3342
Username:   Weblogin.Worker
Password:   Worker Password

If you use a command-line miner, type:

./cgminer --scrypt  -o stratum+tcp://stratum.thor.pools.mindfox.net:3342 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password

We are not professionals
We do not own expensive hardware
We only do what we know best: provide a rock steady and free pool
pryzh

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:54:26 AM

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT BY

Want some THOR? Get them with us!

* Dedicated servers with SSD
* 10 Gbit/s network
* DDoS protection
* Mail support
* Backups of all wallets and pools
* Professional team working to keep everything running!
* The natural choice for mining!
* There is a mining fee of 1% and donations are appreciated!

can someone plz send me an invite ? thx

There is no point in going to that pool. We are trying to spread hashpower across pools, otherwise this coin will die... That pool already has around 80-90% of the network hashrate, we really should not be doing this......
pryzh

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:56:59 AM

Cryptopool.eu has nearly 100% of the network hashrate.........  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PLEASE SWITCH TO OTHER POOLS BEFORE THIS COIN DIES!!!
Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:04:27 PM

http://thor.cryptopool.eu/ has a little bugged hashrate meter. I checked other pools hashrates from dashboard and the total was way more than the net hashrate (like 10 gH total = 9 cryptopool + 1.7 zeus + 1 fox

We are not professionals
We do not own expensive hardware
We only do what we know best: provide a rock steady and free pool

Can you PLEASE remove that from your adv? Because it sound like all hashwork and uncomfirmed coins are in real danger and can be a real warning to all miners in your pool.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Aknoth

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:09:43 PM

Cryptopool.eu has nearly 100% of the network hashrate.........  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PLEASE SWITCH TO OTHER POOLS BEFORE THIS COIN DIES!!!

other pool sux

can u send me invite to cryptopool ?

Aknoth35@gmail.com
Daanlt

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:24:42 PM

CryptoPoolSupport (Cryptopool.eu)

Increase pool fee up to 10-30%, then users will move to another pools. Very simple solution : )
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:35:47 PM

http://thor.cryptopool.eu/ has a little bugged hashrate meter. I checked other pools hashrates from dashboard and the total was way more than the net hashrate (like 10 gH total = 9 cryptopool + 1.7 zeus + 1 fox

I disagree with the numbers you posted Cloudpost.

zeus has 0,38GHs and mindfox has ~0,5GHs from old and new stratum.
valkot

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:36:43 PM

Please sent invite        thor.cryptopool.eu

valkot@ukr.net
Thanks!!
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:38:24 PM

other pool sux

can u send me invite to cryptopool ?

Aknoth35@gmail.com

It would help all the other pools a lot if you had the time to point us the problems you met with other pools, so we may fix them.

Thank you in advance
Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:50:20 PM

I disagree with the numbers you posted Cloudpost.

zeus has 0,38GHs and mindfox has ~0,5GHs from old and new stratum.

I might be wrong and now everything is ok, but I saw this some time ago (never said that I talk about current hashrate).

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:55:12 PM

I might be wrong and now everything is ok, but I saw this some time ago (never said that I talk about current hashrate).

If it felt like I came hard on you, I apologize. It was not my intention (could be the fact that English is not my native).
I was just correcting the values with current.

The problem is that it's not alright... Check the numbers yourself and you will come to the same conclusion
Stoxcoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:11:33 PM

Cryptopool.eu currently hold 8.8 of 13.1, yes people need to leave that pool but miner just keep mining.

mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 01:27:03 PM

Cryptopool.eu currently hold 8.8 of 13.1, yes people need to leave that pool but miner just keep mining.

and cryptopool accepts new registrations via invitations (which is why you see all those "invite me" posts)

If you ask me, that's lame. Sorry if I'm using strong words, but I really get very angry when I see such tactics...

"We stopped registrations but we still allow invitations..."

That's how much we care about the coin.
ClutchThese

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:54:18 PM

Come mine with the GODS!

thor.zeuspool.com

Thorcoin - The Strong and Powerful energy efficient Scrypt-Jane ASIC Proof coin.

Thorcoin, a revolutionary hybrid proof-of-work/proof-of-stake coin. With Thorcoin you are able to receive and send Thorcoin all around the world and back, to all of your peers including businesses, friends, and family. Thorcoin is a Scrypt Jane Hybrid which only can be mined using CPU's and GPU's. Feel safe with ASIC resistant Scrypt Jane.

Lets make THOR a success! Without the miners, it's wothless! Without multiple pools, it's worthless! Lets spread the hashrate and send this baby to ASGARD!

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
lazycoins

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:11:35 PM

Just dropping by to let you guys know that its official: https://twitter.com/LazyCoins

You're one of the first coins we have accepted at our exchange to be traded at launch, which will probably be the biggest launch for any altcoins exchange yet. Since our announcement 8 days ago we nearly have 1500 followers and 28 altcoins aceepted. We are working hard to launch beta on Sunday 6pm GMT. So for further updates please follow us https://twitter.com/LazyCoins. Retweet and show your support!

THOR will be paired with ltc, btc and doge

Fantastic news. I will add Lazycoins Exchange to the website and ask OP.

Gentleman!

We need to reach 2000 followers before our launch on Sunday 6pm. Please come and show your support by following us on https://twitter.com/LazyCoins
ClutchThese

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:24:37 PM

@LazyCoins DONE!

Smiley Great to see some new exchanges pop up.

Folks, we are living the modern day gold rush! Really exciting!

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
mindfox

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:29:33 PM

@LazyCoins DONE!

Smiley Great to see some new exchanges pop up.

Folks, we are living the modern day gold rush! Really exciting!

Don't be. Current status dictates that all exchanges will drop the coin if they see what's happening.
Someone has the power to create coins out of thin air, revert transactions, hard fork, just some of the things...

P.S. Please sent invite for thor.cryptopool.eu
email: thornomore@gmail.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: