Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Faircoin - MULTIPOOL PAYS --- 20%--- BONUS! for the next week!!  (Read 341878 times)
zuyfg888

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:49:03 AM

This coin will go to the moon, it's just a matter of time as well as effort from all the team and community.

yes . FAC go to moon!!!

and beyond Smiley

This goin looks good until you reach 2 key part for a cryptocoin:

First big problem - The distribution:
There is no fair distribution in this world: PoW, IPO, IP based distributions, they are all unfair.
Still PoW can be fair because if a programmer hardcode an Epoch time in the coin's source with a newspaper headline then everybody will know there were no premine by the creator.
The fair means that the original creator can't use his power to get a lot of unfair benefit, how the coin will be distributed between the miners that is not important after that.
The IPO and IP distritbutions can be fair too, if you do it in a transparent way, so you keep track all the incoming Bitcoins and give the same percent ammount of Altcoin to the investors.

See how the faircoin developer did: He made a website with a token system, then shared a pdf with the website visitors statistics.
Now this is nothing. You can have 100 000 visitor without any signup and you can have 50 000 visitor with 50 000 signup.
And he could fake this spreadsheet if he wanted.

Just ask one question to yourself? Is there anything what would kept this faircoindev back to signup with 25 000 address and keep half of the coins for himself?
Now with singup I don't mean manual signup with the token system, he owned the website and the database too. He could generate 25 000 address in 5 minutes then inject it to the database.
He could even make the counter on the site to count the signups twice as normal, so there wouldn't be a big 25 000 up on the numbers.

Many of you said for this problem that all of you got their coins, where if only 25 000 000 was given away to the public then all of the registrators got their coins, just the signup period was closed much before because this faircoin guy kept half of the coins.

I don't say he kept the half of the coins, but he could, he could do it very easy, if he wasn't dumb enough he did it.

This is a very big problem, and the community will never accept such a coin to grow big. Even if the creator would share a nice spreadsheat which conatins all the 50 000 signup's IP address, that can be a fake too, its not hard to fake something like that.

Second problem - Still have PoW mining:
This coin still have some PoW mining, though you can only mine the transaction fees. But the hashrate is very low,
anybody with a bigger hashrate can fork the coin and make a 51% attack.
You don't need to own half of the coins, you can make a fork with only 1 PoW block.

I don't hate Faircoin just want to open your eyes, for that matter I bought a few faircoins and sold them all with nice profit, but still this coin has no future.

The analysis of the good

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:53:31 AM

This coin will go to the moon, it's just a matter of time as well as effort from all the team and community.

yes . FAC go to moon!!!

and beyond Smiley

There is no fair distribution in this world: PoW, IPO, IP based distributions, they are all unfair.
Still PoW can be fair because if a programmer hardcode an Epoch time in the coin's source with a newspaper headline then everybody will know there were no premine by the creator.
The fair means that the original creator can't use his power to get a lot of unfair benefit, how the coin will be distributed between the miners that is not important after that.
The IPO and IP distritbutions can be fair too, if you do it in a transparent way, so you keep track all the incoming Bitcoins and give the same percent ammount of Altcoin to the investors.

See how the faircoin developer did: He made a website with a token system, then shared a pdf with the website visitors statistics.
Now this is nothing. You can have 100 000 visitor without any signup and you can have 50 000 visitor with 50 000 signup.

Just ask one question to yourself? Is there anything what would kept this faircoindev back to signup with 25 000 address and keep half of the coins for himself?
Now with singup I don't mean manual signup with the token system, he owned the website and the database too. He could generate 25 000 address in 5 minutes then inject it to the database.
He could even make the counter on the site to count the signups twice as normal, so there wouldn't be a big 25 000 up on the numbers.

Many of you said for this problem that all of you got their coins, where if only 25 000 000 was given away to the public then all of the registrators got their coins, just the signup period was closed much before because this faircoin guy kept half of the coins.

I don't say he kept the half of the coins, but he could, he could do it very easy, if he wasn't dumb enough he did it.

This is a very big problem, and the community will never accept such a coin to grow big. Even if the creator would share a nice spreadsheat which conatins all the 50 000 signup's IP address, that can be a fake too, its not hard to fake something like that.

This coin still have some PoW mining, though you can only mine the transaction fees. But the hashrate is very low,
You don't need to own half of the coins, you can make a fork with only 1 PoW block.

I don't hate Faircoin just want to open your eyes, for that matter I bought a few faircoins and sold them all with nice profit, but still this coin has no future.

Yes, like others have said...

I find this strange that you make this your first post....

If you don't think fair is fair, you don't have to get involved.
Wesiematic

Activity: 437

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:55:06 AM

looks like coin wars....  Wink

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
kololo

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:18:09 PM

yes . FAC go to moon!!!

and beyond Smiley

HI staffly , is there something makes you have to use such a pure newbie account to post this?
In your post ,you said"This is a very big problem, and the community will never accept such a coin to grow big. Even if the creator would share a nice spreadsheat which conatins all the 50 000 signup's IP address, that can be a fake too, its not hard to fake something like that."
So you means what ever the devs and the commnuity do ,you just think it is fake? Because it could be fake?
Under your opinion ,  Airplane could be drop , so you don't take a plane? 
You can't make FUD based on could be, show the true evidence and your real account , don't do like this.
zuyfg888

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:37:32 PM

yes . FAC go to moon!!!

and beyond Smiley

HI staffly , is there something makes you have to use such a pure newbie account to post this?
In your post ,you said"This is a very big problem, and the community will never accept such a coin to grow big. Even if the creator would share a nice spreadsheat which conatins all the 50 000 signup's IP address, that can be a fake too, its not hard to fake something like that."
So you means what ever the devs and the commnuity do ,you just think it is fake? Because it could be fake?
You can't make FUD based on could be, show the true evidence and your real account , don't do like this.

Low end of the black!
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:46:41 PM

So, with all that knowledge, for a "1st" post, are you the Mister who's going to fix my sync issues?  Cheesy

What is your current client's protocol version?

it should be: 80501 (to check go to console and type getinfo)

if not, download the latest client ASAP.

in both case.  I would delete EVERYTHING in the appfolder, EXCEPT your config file and wallet.dat.

Once everything is deleted, please check your config file and MAKE SURE you have only addnode= from this list here http://fac.blockx.info/connected-nodes  CLICK ON THE BUTTON THAT SAYS Get Config Ready Nodes

Then let it sync, you should connect quickly and smoothly and if everything goes well, you should sync up to date within minutes

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
kololo

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:20:06 PM

yes . FAC go to moon!!!

and beyond Smiley

I don't have any evidence that this developer sent X million coin to himself, the problem is that you don't have evidence too that he didn't.
You can watch any coin's genesis block creation time then look his forum thread, if you see big time difference than might it was a scam.
So anybody can decide to invest in or not. But with faircoin you don't have this tool in your pocket.

I don't want you to sell all your coins, just know about it, we don't know how much coin was distributed to the public.
It is sure some coin was, I got a lot of coins from the token registrations.
But we can't be sure how many address was injected to the database by the faircoin creator.
As I said before if you have evidence shows to the community,and use your real account.
"It is sure some coin was, I got a lot of coins from the token registrations." Everyone can got 1000FAC each hour in distribution. I have to doubt you are trolling here.Do something like a man, not be a dirty dog.

Bit-Gods

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:06:21 PM

I think that dev of FAC making a great job, i know a little bit about him and all i can say is be patient friends.

jcpbs

Activity: 260

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:22:41 PM

So, with all that knowledge, for a "1st" post, are you the Mister who's going to fix my sync issues?  Cheesy

What is your current client's protocol version?

it should be: 80501 (to check go to console and type getinfo)

if not, download the latest client ASAP.

in both case.  I would delete EVERYTHING in the appfolder, EXCEPT your config file and wallet.dat.

Once everything is deleted, please check your config file and MAKE SURE you have only addnode= from this list here http://fac.blockx.info/connected-nodes  CLICK ON THE BUTTON THAT SAYS Get Config Ready Nodes

Then let it sync, you should connect quickly and smoothly and if everything goes well, you should sync up to date within minutes

Thanks for the help. My client is 80501. The issue I have is:

If I delete everything except wallet.dat, It syncs and I get all my coins except the minted ones.
If I delete everything except wallet.dat and config file (with updated nodes), it syncs and I get all my coins except the minted ones.
If I update the client and keep my old files, just change the config, it doesn't sync (stuck at 3140, estimated 5594) but it shows correct coins. The blk0001.dat file has the 12-04-2014 date.
If I update the cliend and I delete peers.dat, it doesn't sync (stuck at 3140, estimated 5594) but it shows correct coins. The blk0001.dat file has the 12-04-2014 date.
If I delete the The blk0001.dat file, wallet doesn't open because it cannot load that same file.

If I try repairwallet command or -rescan, the minted coins do not show up.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?
coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:31:41 PM

is there a FAC irc?

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
zuyfg888

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:38:42 PM

is there a FAC irc?

FAC dont irc.
coinking
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:40:14 PM

lammmme - is there a command I can use in the FAC wallet console to unlock my wallet? or has pos not even started yet?

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:43:04 PM

We should set-up an IRC, does anybody know how to do that?
zuyfg888

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:07:19 PM

Yes, I should be set up with a powerful IRC.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:11:28 PM

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Faircoin FAC On The Rise

Article, Video & Giveaway
http://altcoinauthority.com/2014/04/faircoin-fac-on-the-rise/

Come by for some FREE Faircoin for helping spread the word about this awesome coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
coinking
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:15:28 PM

Yes, I should be set up with a powerful IRC.

get er' done!

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
zuyfg888

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:16:53 PM

Faircoin FAC On The Rise

Come by for some FREE Faircoin for helping spread the word about this awesome coin.

great work,Thinks.
major_coiner

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:33:02 PM

Faircoin FAC On The Rise

Nice video, just FYI, there's a typo around minute 0.32 (LAUCH DATE instead of LAUNCH DATE), and also it looks pixelated from minute 0.17 to 1.04. Just and advice to fix it Smiley
Apart from that, thank you very much for the faircoin promotion and for the video and keep up the good work!
bpack

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:45:28 PM

From the beginning has been concerned about the FAC, along the way is not easy, refueling

AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:13:42 PM

@major_coiner  Next time I know not to edit at 3:30am !! Cheesy

Didn't catch it last night, I'll re-upload it haha

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: