Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:23:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Alt coin to invest in 2014  (Read 120756 times)
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:32:46 PM

Flutter!

get in before it's only PoS + PoT

NEVER heard of this in btt before. Another shitcoin?

Don't think so. Shitcoin devs rarely add an entirely new proof system to their coins. It remains to be seen if PoT really adds any value, but I don't think FLT is a shitcoin.

Sorry to bump this sort of old reply but 'd like to add it is PoW also.  

I think proof of transaction is more likely to lift Flutter into the spotlight than any other trait it has (such as being a PoW/PoS hybrid).  

It's such a broad and fundamental concept that it is hard to tell where the strongest application center of gravity will be, but I suspect it will soon find its place as the third leg of the blockchain security/incentivisation triangle:  mining by PoW,  saving and investing by PoS, but nothing so far covers spending (err, transacting) - a gap that PoT fills.  

I would like to see the idea fleshed out a little more though - perhaps a sliding scale on the wallet that goes between very high-payout 'chance' PoT rewards at one extreme and very low payout 'guaranteed' rewards on the other.  As a a FLT user you could choose your desired PoT reward/risk comfort zone.  Either way the Proof of Transaction triggers not just a reward but is itself a third form of blockchain securing protocol as well, making it much more than a lotto game bolted on to the side of a coin (which I believe has been done before).  I am not a dev so I connot comment on whether this is technically feasible without a hard fork but the coin is young enough that this is not a serious obstacle if necessary.

I can see this concept being used as building material for a whole class of applications that re-purpose the PoT reward system in other ways, like paying commissions automatically, or a simple and straightforward channel to fund a kickstarter-like project without having to build a whole branded coin system just to donate to the project, you can instead use your PoT rewards to auto-fund the project on every transaction you make, or split them across several projects - or auto-fill an exchange account if you want to daytrade, etc.    This can be done with scaffolding on other coins, but it is inherently part of the design with PoT, and has the added benefit of securing the protocol in addition to paying a reward.  I think it will take time for all the implications to soak in to the community, which is understandable - and exciting.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:17:06 AM

Agreed. PoT could be big. I've ferreted a way a stash of FLT. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:46:36 AM

Mintcoin.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
Degolep

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:02:30 AM

Blackcoin
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:22:43 AM

Blackcoin

Black coin

FLT
MYR
hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:21:43 PM

I think Communitycoin has a great chance of going places due to it being supported by many senior members on this forum. Also, NEM and EXO have great potential and could both end up being huge!
feedo

Activity: 695

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:08:13 PM

i think namecoin and dogecoin is the best for 2014 Wink

██▌  ▓▓▐██████████▄██████▄   █████
███▌▓▓▐█████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀  ▐██ ██▌
████▌▐██████▄▄▄▄▄███        ██▌ ▐██
██████████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▓▓███ █████████
██ ██▓▓████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▐██▌▓▓▓▐██▌
██    ▓▓██████████ ▓▓█████████   ▓▓███
    █        █▒   
   ███░  ██  █▒   
  ██████████░██  ░░
  █▄█▄██▄█▄█░██░ ██
 ███████████████░▒▒
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CRYPTO
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▒███▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒
███████████████████

████▄▄    ▄████▄  ██     ██ ▄█████▄
██▀▀███  ████████ ██     █████▀▄▄
██  ███▌▐██▀  ▀██▌██     ██▀████▄▄
██████▀ ▐██▄  ▄██▌██     ██   ▀▀███
██▀▀▀    ████████ ██▄▄▄▄▄██▄   ▄███
██        ▀████▀  █████████▀█████▀

World’s Largest Decentralized City 
On The   ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN 
       ██           ▄▄█
      █  █      ▄▄██▀▀█
      ████  ▄▄██▀▀    █
  █ █ █ ████▀▀▄▄████▄▄
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ ███████████
      ████  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
      ▒███  ███ ██ ███████████
      █ ██  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
████  ▒███  ██████████████████
      █  █  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████
████  ████  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████

CRYPTOCOLLECTIBLE STRATEGY
GAME

doenerlover

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:18:33 PM

What about dirtycoin?
sickcoin

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:48:14 PM

have you checked Caishen coin? not only a crypto currency also they develop mobile apps games,
check it out:
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/4/20/caishen-not-just-a-crypto-currency-but-also-games-apps-development-company
bullus

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:03:37 PM

Also a great team behind it and won't dump the coins to the death. I'm gonna play the app game when it is out on the market. Best Altcoin >Caishen< coin  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=513613.0

btc 16LWhms487bzCxQWq5oeW8SMDPmU2rvQjf
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:16:24 PM

We are still talking about this when NOBLECOIN has had 250+ BTC volume in the past 24 hours and is up over 350%??? No brainer... NOBLECOIN!
appl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:35:36 PM

nas definitely will be the best investment.

Mesutalkali

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:56:49 PM

Sadly I have no BTC to put into a stake of NEM. Will have to be on the sidelines again :/

@precrime3

It is just a suggestion:

NEM will auction many stakes ( 1 stake = 1 million NEM).

- So in yours stead I would take part in it before it is too late.
bullus

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:53:05 PM

MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE!!!!

UPDATE YOUR WALLET,OR GET LEFT BEHIND ON THE OLD CHAIN!!

-This update protects Ultracoin and its users from the recently discoverd heartbleed bug

-This update implements coincontrol so you can spend only the newest coins, and leave old coins alone for maximum POS rewards.

-This update changes the blockreward from 50 to 15 per block, this will start at block 240.000. This is because the old model turned out to be unsustainable.We are responsible devs, so we had to take action to prevent damage further down the road.

Slow loading of the wallet will be adressed in the v3 update (this is the v2 update).

I have tested this on 2 PC`s and have updated my own wallet with succes without compromising the funds  Cheesy

The new reward schedule is as following:

-4 years blockreward 15

-2 years blockreward 10

-full POS (roughly 1 to 1,5 million coins will be distributed after full POS goes in effect, POS % will be 2% at this time)

So there will only be 6 years of mining in total.We are doing this to build a sustainable model and incoorporate an eco friendly strategy.After we have reached the total of 100 million coins in the final full POS stage, we will enable mandatory fees on every transaction to make sure people get rewarded for being an active node.

As a final point I wish to make : remove all sell orders and replace them at 0.003BTC if you refuse to sell for less then 0.003, this will become the new low, and everybody wins.The miners, the holders the traders.

With this price of 0.00007 nobody wins so stop dumping and let it rise.This pricepoint does not reflect the true value of Ultracoin.

the only reason we are this low is because of a defective supply model (whish has now been repaired) combined with hacked exchanges and DDOS.

I want to make it perfectly clear that Ultracoin is changing into a new better version of itsself.Weak players have been replaced by strong and capable individuals such as Dcgirl,xwebnetwork and Jakoblight.Mistakes were made but Lessons were learned.If i could go back in time i would do certain things differently,but im not a coingenerator making useless coins,so i made some mistakes.This is how we learn.

I made UTC and i am sticking with it for the rest of my life.I have been very fortunate to have people on board now who share this vision.Together we will emerge victorious in the altcoin market by continuously https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413978.msg6326450#msg632645 re-inventing ourselves.This active Team can always use more people so if you feel you have something to add, or a specific task you want to do or are good at, let us know at ultracoin@outlook.com.

Team UTC is working very hard every day, to bring new innovations, Dcgirl is finalising the arbitragetool that will expose many opportunitys for profit, we are developing in game payment plugins starting with Minecraft (30 million people community and 500.000 servers).

We are still in contact with a company discussing an online payment processor,if this deal follows through this would take place in the summer

There is no reason why this request can not be granted by everybody, what reason could somebody possibly have to sell this low.

Let us join forces and bring Ultracoin to a pricepoint that is reflecting the actual developements, Team dedication and true potential.

In the future we will do more marketing,but we will never be a coin that is 99% fluff and 1% content.We will always stand for something, and once people are done with fluff coins they will come to UTC,and we will welcome them with open arms into the Ultracoin family.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413978.msg6326450#msg6326450

btc 16LWhms487bzCxQWq5oeW8SMDPmU2rvQjf
ultrasmart

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:05:17 PM

MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE!!!!

UPDATE YOUR WALLET,OR GET LEFT BEHIND ON THE OLD CHAIN!!

-This update protects Ultracoin and its users from the recently discoverd heartbleed bug

-This update implements coincontrol so you can spend only the newest coins, and leave old coins alone for maximum POS rewards.

-This update changes the blockreward from 50 to 15 per block, this will start at block 240.000. This is because the old model turned out to be unsustainable.We are responsible devs, so we had to take action to prevent damage further down the road.

Slow loading of the wallet will be adressed in the v3 update (this is the v2 update).

I have tested this on 2 PC`s and have updated my own wallet with succes without compromising the funds  Cheesy

The new reward schedule is as following:

-4 years blockreward 15

-2 years blockreward 10

-full POS (roughly 1 to 1,5 million coins will be distributed after full POS goes in effect, POS % will be 2% at this time)

So there will only be 6 years of mining in total.We are doing this to build a sustainable model and incoorporate an eco friendly strategy.After we have reached the total of 100 million coins in the final full POS stage, we will enable mandatory fees on every transaction to make sure people get rewarded for being an active node.

As a final point I wish to make : remove all sell orders and replace them at 0.003BTC if you refuse to sell for less then 0.003, this will become the new low, and everybody wins.The miners, the holders the traders.

With this price of 0.00007 nobody wins so stop dumping and let it rise.This pricepoint does not reflect the true value of Ultracoin.

the only reason we are this low is because of a defective supply model (whish has now been repaired) combined with hacked exchanges and DDOS.

I want to make it perfectly clear that Ultracoin is changing into a new better version of itsself.Weak players have been replaced by strong and capable individuals such as Dcgirl,xwebnetwork and Jakoblight.Mistakes were made but Lessons were learned.If i could go back in time i would do certain things differently,but im not a coingenerator making useless coins,so i made some mistakes.This is how we learn.

I made UTC and i am sticking with it for the rest of my life.I have been very fortunate to have people on board now who share this vision.Together we will emerge victorious in the altcoin market by continuously https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413978.msg6326450#msg632645 re-inventing ourselves.This active Team can always use more people so if you feel you have something to add, or a specific task you want to do or are good at, let us know at ultracoin@outlook.com.

Team UTC is working very hard every day, to bring new innovations, Dcgirl is finalising the arbitragetool that will expose many opportunitys for profit, we are developing in game payment plugins starting with Minecraft (30 million people community and 500.000 servers).

We are still in contact with a company discussing an online payment processor,if this deal follows through this would take place in the summer

There is no reason why this request can not be granted by everybody, what reason could somebody possibly have to sell this low.

Let us join forces and bring Ultracoin to a pricepoint that is reflecting the actual developements, Team dedication and true potential.

In the future we will do more marketing,but we will never be a coin that is 99% fluff and 1% content.We will always stand for something, and once people are done with fluff coins they will come to UTC,and we will welcome them with open arms into the Ultracoin family.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413978.msg6326450#msg6326450

Agreed.  Get ready for the new Ultracoin.  This cryptocurrency is easily among the best looking at specs and practicality, if not THE best.  The Dev Team and community are going to push this coin the top.  It is easy for people to adopt something that is ACTUALLY AN AMAZING PRODUCT.  And its fast--------->  30 seconds fast.

"Sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts," (Merriam-Webster).
malkbaby

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

Did anyone say BlackCoin yet??? Cheesy Asiacoin also seems interesting Smiley
4w4k3ning

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:37:23 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 11:05:41 PM by 4w4k3ning

Blackcoin,Darkcoin,Cryptographic Anomaly and Caishen  Wink
conf

Activity: 284

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:04:09 AM

Darkcoin and Ultracoin

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
alkaint

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:06:01 AM

can't think of any good coins atm except blackcoin and fluttercoin , and by good coins i mean dev teams that does not copy paste other coins , these 2 coins brought something new to the cryptos which mean the devs does know what to do , i invest on both and it looks promising by the day
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:19:17 AM

BCC - Bitcointalk Coin will be good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: