June 24, 2024, 09:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009219 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:15:46 AM

Zeit Games Research

Ok, someday would like to see zeitcoins be used to pay for online games.
Kind of like the old days where we put quarters into a video game to play.
Zeit (time) coins used to buy more time in a game.

What I need from you zeit gamers is information.
What kind of online games do you like and are their any you would be willing to pay to play?

Please feel free to mention anything game related, especially if you are currently paying to play any online role play games.

Thanks for your help with this research.

Cool

Well, something along those lines is already pretty close to the closed-beta stage - and despite what some have claimed on twatter, it is likely to be the first game released with a blockchain economics system built-in.

... and guess who has a VIP invite to the beta? Wink

It's a MMOFPS called "BlakeZone", a post-apocalyptic zombie-splattering gore-fest built with the new 'Unity 5' engine and will use not one but two digital coins in its' ecosystem - BlakeCoin for equipment & armaments and Photon for ammunition.

Here's a teaser for the action - https://youtu.be/xwyDCrl-VNg

A lot can be learned about whether or not getting involved with the gaming community is a good idea by following developments with this venture over the next few months.

I'm also a member of the "Gamers of Newcastle" Facebook group, a dedicated & totally insane bunch of console & PC phreaks, so I'll compose something to try & get some useful feedback from them on the subject.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
BlueDragon747
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 12:34:05 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 01:07:31 PM by BlueDragon747

Personally as a gamer and a game dev I feel that the games industry is the perfect place for crypto currencies, especially in the MMO area you only need to search on ebay for game gold to see what I mean

only draw back to MMO systems is the time it takes to develop working large world simulations that can scale to tens of thousands of simultaneous users  Shocked

hmm "pay to play" subscription/time is a difficult model to get working from all the research I have done and the industry itself it is moving towards the "free to play" with micro transactions which is what we are doing but even so gamers are not stupid and tend to resent paying to much for things or forced to "pay to win" thus you need a lot of beta testing and balancing to get it right

also take into account its not free run/develop games you have costs like game content, coding and testing, licencing for software, music, models, graphics and even the developer accounts for Android or IOS cost so far I have self funded the BlakeZone project since mid 2011 and it has cost roughly £25k and I expect to spend another 3-5k for closed beta and once we get to open beta the first year has a budget of £10k but might do some crowdfunding along way to help pay for things too

I dont feel you can rush at it as it does take time, money and skill with some luck thrown in too *time tell if we got the right mix or not

The mobile market is quicker to develop for but is more competitive so you may need to do a series of games before you hit on one that works, our second title a fantasy MMORPG will most likely focus on mobile market and also WebGL as Unity 5 has added that

single player and basic multiplayer are far quicker to make but the downside is they are one off payment's and you will still be expected to maintain and patch them for ~1-2years after release so yeah swings and roundabouts

for me as a long time gamer game dev does have long hours and can be challenging at times but feels good doing your own thing and can be really fun when its working right  Grin

Research try:
World of Warcraft or Star Wars The Old Republic for the most successful "pay to play" games *note both had huge budgets and backing from big names
Pretty much any "free to play" Gunz, WolfTeam, Soldier Front, Drift City, Last Chaos, etc... for the micro transaction type games *often these are from smaller studio's then sold to larger publishers or studios

hope this gives some insight into game development but I am sure you can also do some research about Game Monetization or Mobile Game Monetization.

The Games industry is huge much bigger than Crypto coins (any inc Bitcoin) WoW peaked at about 12 Million subscribers all paying monthly Shocked

*not including gambling games as they are an industry themselves

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:06:39 PM

i updated my ticket @Allcrypt to beg for the release of my zeitcoins once more, reply was somewhat encouraging:

Working on getting zeit back up.

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1341
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:33:11 PM

Big trouble at Darkcoin forum, guys. Rebranding has started... Say "Hello" to Dash...

Have a nice weekend.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:45:31 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 09:48:48 AM by kiklo

@LionOfNarnia
You always Impress.
It is like you are an Universal Encyclopedia.   Cheesy

@BlueDragon747
Thank you for sharing your insights into the Gaming World.
Please be sure and place a Post here when BlakeZone is about to go live.
As the 1st Game connected with a Blockchain, You will make History on that day.
Watching the 1st of something New is Always Cool.

Cool
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:08:19 PM

It is like you are an Universal Encyclopedia.   Cheesy

LOL, in the age of the internet, an encyclopaedia is about as much use as a mammoth trap

- I don't need to know anything, I just need to know how to find what I need to know Wink

IN OTHER NEWS,

I'm taking care of our Facebook & twatter accounts, for now at least.

Have to say, I much prefer FB

- on twatter it's too often a case of deciding which -  and how many - 'grammatical crimes' to commit in order to get a tweet to fit the 140 character limit Sad

KNIGHT ALERT

Quite a few of you have not yet signed up to the group email service kindly provided by Ray, nor have you made any significant contribution to our section of the forum.

We don't expect 24/7/365 devotion, but we would like to see more of you doing something constructive with your privileged positions. You've asked for, and been given, a voice in the future of the coin - so why not use it?

There will be a TeamSpeak session on Sunday evening, but ONE HOUR EARLIER - 20:00 GMT - to make life easier for our European bretheren. Details will be posted here & on the forum by mid-afternoon 2moz.

It's time to get serious!

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
FWBlack

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:22:36 PM

LOL, in the age of the internet, an encyclopaedia is about as much use as a mammoth trap
I have one of those around here somewhere... used mammoth trap - will trade for mammoth Zietcoin!

I have been pleased with coin.mx, and yesterday asked them if they are considering adding any other coin/USD pairings other than BTC and LTC, and what parameters they would consider when doing so, and encouraged them to look at Zietcoin and this community.  They responded saying they plan on adding several more and passed my suggestion along to the developers. 

LionOfNarnia

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:58:20 PM

I have one of those around here somewhere... used mammoth trap - will trade for mammoth Zietcoin!

I have been pleased with coin.mx, and yesterday asked them if they are considering adding any other coin/USD pairings other than BTC and LTC, and what parameters they would consider when doing so, and encouraged them to look at Zietcoin and this community.  They responded saying they plan on adding several more and passed my suggestion along to the developers. 

I'll give you 1 Zeit for every mammoth you've caught in it Wink

Good work with the exchange though, keep us updated with any progress.

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:12:56 AM

Community, as I sit here thinking of ways to bring Zeit to the forefront of crypto I find myself with coinpayments.net on the brain. I know that Zeit is an accepted currency there, but I wonder just how many of the stores listed there accept Zeit directly. So my thoughts are to go through each store in each listed category on coinpayments' site to gather that information so it can be made public here and at the Zeit forum. This may take a bit of time, and I would certainly not be against anyone with a little free time lending a hand in this endeavor.

My thought process on this is that if we have a list of stores that currently accept Zeit then we could all make purchases at the sites to prove Zeit as a valid form of currency, not just a platform for trading different cryptocurrencies. Then, as we get more visibility, perhaps more stores on coinpayments will start accepting Zeit and we can get a snowball rolling downhill.

Agree? Disagree?

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:27:39 AM

Could we have a go at getting Zeitcoin listed in the vote to be in the next edition of the book "Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" A Beginner's Reference"?

This book is currently available on Amazon.  

For coins like ours that are not listed there is this message - "Please say." Say no more  Wink Get those fingers movin' with listing requests!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985422.0

UPDATE: Zeitcoin now listed. Vote NOW to be included in the next edition!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985422.0

Nice Work, a_cat_named_joe    Cheesy

Everyone Vote, as something like this will help the Mainstream Public find out about Zeitcoin.

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:27:12 AM

Exchange News C-Cex Delistings
_______________________________________________________________________________ ____
C-CEX.com exchange news!

We have to free up server resources for new coins by delisting some coins which have consistently low trading volume.
The following coins will be removed on March, 28th if their average trading volume for the last week has not exceeded 0.1 BTC/day:

AidBit [AID], AliPayCoin [ALI], BitMiles [BTMI], EuphoriaCoin [EUPH], Plankton [FOOD], KingdomCoin [KING], MetalCoin [METAL], Magnetz [MGT], Opal [OPAL], PesetaCoin [PTC], PotatoCoin [SPUDS], Stable [STB], BitSwift [SWIFT], ZeroVert [ZER].

Please, withdraw, trade or sell these coins before February, 25th after which retrieval of any remaining balances for these coins will not be possible anymore.

Thank You for using our exchange!
Sincerely, C-CEX.com Team.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:42:35 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 09:02:38 AM by kiklo

Community, as I sit here thinking of ways to bring Zeit to the forefront of crypto I find myself with coinpayments.net on the brain. I know that Zeit is an accepted currency there, but I wonder just how many of the stores listed there accept Zeit directly. So my thoughts are to go through each store in each listed category on coinpayments' site to gather that information so it can be made public here and at the Zeit forum. This may take a bit of time, and I would certainly not be against anyone with a little free time lending a hand in this endeavor.

My thought process on this is that if we have a list of stores that currently accept Zeit then we could all make purchases at the sites to prove Zeit as a valid form of currency, not just a platform for trading different cryptocurrencies. Then, as we get more visibility, perhaps more stores on coinpayments will start accepting Zeit and we can get a snowball rolling downhill.

Agree? Disagree?

Hi Steve,

All coins BTC & Zeit are all currently functioning as commodities and subject to supply & demand.
If we all start making alot of purchases together at the same time, coinpayments or any other store has to convert zeitcoins into cash quickly for the stores operation cost.
This will increase the supply of zeitcoins on the exchanges and if there is not enough demand cause a devaluing of zeit's current price until demand catches up. If someone sees something they want at one of the stores , they can buy it with zeit, it just that it is not something we should do as a large group at the same time. A pebble in the lake is no problem, but if we drop a huge boulder in it, there goes all of the water keeping us a float.

This also touches on the Game Research, a game like Blakezone changes the rules,
player uses coins to buy virtual game ammo, then shoots the ammo, and has to buy more ammo later to continue shooting. By doing this the players creates a constant demand cycle for the coins assuring their is always demand to match supply. That is when it starts to function more as a currency than a commodity.
That is what we have to come up with Virtual items or Services that can be traded for zeitcoins on a cyclical basis, once we achieve that, it will create an economy, which we can then branch out more into the physical world. Until that time we have to function as a commodity like gold or silver and keep an eye on supply & demand.

Cool

FYI:
Functioning as a commodity , we will hit a $1 million dollar marketcap in the next few years.
Once our market cap hits that amount the knights will be able to pull out a few thousand , imagine ~$50,000 or so from the marketcap to start development of the ZeitKnight Game.
The Game is one idea, there are a few more, involving stories & writers, but still in the early thought processes on them.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:30:25 PM

Kiklo, I understand what you are saying. And I see where we have differing opinions. I think more short term, and you think more long term. And that is perfect and will benefit us greatly in the bigger picture.

Make no mistake though. I wasn't implying that we should get these stores to accept Zeit and then do a mass buying. I understand that will flood the exchanges with Zeit and will cause a price drop. I was thinking more along the lines of a few smaller purchases at first with more spread out over time. In my mind, Zeit being listed on coinpayments is more of bragging rights than anything else right now. But imagine us being able to update our OP, FB, Twitter and blogs with "First purchase(s) made with Zeitcoin!" That would certainly garner some interest, right? Maybe attract more investors and in turn, increase our volume.

I know that even when Zeit is being used for purchases that we will also still be a trading platform as well. There is nothing wrong with that. But if we want the recognition that we know we deserve then we need to set ourselves apart from the rest in more ways that just words. I like the idea of using Zeit for gaming. That will certainly bring us to the attention of the younger generation. So I fully support that.

If I seem a bit antsy then it is only because I truly want this coin to be a success and to gain the worldwide acceptance that we strive for so we can accomplish our goals. I just think that what we need now more than ever is more volume. I read in the official forum where Ray posted that the original dev is still a supporter and is helping with the buy support on Cryptsy. I think that is great news, and it is awesome to know that he is still supporting us! 

LionOfNarnia

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:05:23 PM

20:00 GMT TODAY

OPEN SESSION
(KNIGHTS & SUPPORTERS)

ON TEAMSPEAK

Address - zeit-coin.net
Password - zeitcoin99

LionOfNarnia

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:23:46 PM

Public preview of BlueDragon747 MMOFPS "BlakeZone" (Zone 5) has just been released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YPMtm02aag

Looks like it's gonna be pretty INTENSE Wink

needypoo

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:46:03 PM

we accept ZEIT at https://www.pexpeppers.com !!! use the code ZEIT for 30% off using ZEIT as a payment method. Use the coinpayments gateway.
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:57:22 PM

we accept ZEIT at https://www.pexpeppers.com !!! use the code ZEIT for 30% off using ZEIT as a payment method. Use the coinpayments gateway.

They look smeggin' DELISH, dude Grin

Is it USA only, or can we get them in Europe without getting screwed on P&P?

needypoo

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:10:03 PM

They look smeggin' DELISH, dude Grin

Is it USA only, or can we get them in Europe without getting screwed on P&P?

World wide. as far as customs i declare it a gift Smiley

as far as price it actually costs me 23.50 flat rate to send it to you within 10 days. i only charge you 20.
ZEITCOIN (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 07:02:31 AM

Per Steve's Suggestion the OP has been updated with a
Link to Merchants that Accept Zeitcoins

If any merchants are not in the coinpayments list or accept Zeitcoins directly,
Please Post in the Forum and we will update the list on the OP

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.0

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
     Jᴏɪɴ Oᴜʀ Mᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ᕗ       www.ZEIT-COIN.ɴᴇᴛ      ᕙ Bᴇ Pᴀʀᴛ Oғ Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ     ⓏⒺⒾⓉⒸⓄⒾⓃ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:05:57 AM

In Another Exchange Bites the Dust News

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/allcrypt-com-bitcoin-exchange-goes/

https://www.allcrypt.com/sitedown.html

#1 reminder , don't leave a lot of coins on an exchange.

Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: